The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #1
droideka

Drives: 2012 Subaru STI
lowered, debadged, sinister - "this car eats children..."

...an apt description by a coworker last week if i do say so myself. i've lowered on the stock bolts and feel it could still use a bit more of a drop, but will live with it for now. other mods include a complete de-badge, replacement of the crossed flags with black ones and a rattle can job on the "retainer." i was able to work loose all tabs on the grill insert save for the last one and ended up ripping it off in a fit of rage. i had started with the vinyl kit, but quickly f'ed it up and threw it away. i have ordered replacement inserts which i will have professionally painted and cleared. the stock one is not terrible and the paint looks really good, but i'd rather have a complete replacement with all tabs intact.

btw, i LOVE this car, even during break-in. so much fun. so tight, rigid and composed. so 'MURICA.

horns up! \m/

Last edited by droideka; 04-29-2014 at 09:51 PM.
droideka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
1KUIKC7

Drives: 2015 Zo6 3zl
Love your car, but I agree I lowered mine on stock bolts but its still to high!
Old 04-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
Ret9580

Drives: '99 Sienna till '15 Ray is here
Droideka, your Stingray is Bad Ass!!!! I swear it doesn't matter what color or style, it looks GREAT! Jealously stuck at 1100.
Ret9580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
That looks FIERCE!!!
Old 04-27-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Looks awesome, and great photography! Does lowering it on the stock bolts affect the ride quality at all? I want to lower mine but I don't want to screw up the handling or anything else.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
Steven Bell

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
"Eats children"?.............SMH.

Honestly, there is surely a better way to describe this......

Last edited by Steven Bell; 04-27-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Steven Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
droideka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Bell View Post
"Eats children"?.............SMH.

Honestly, there is surely a better way to describe this......
steve, respectfully, you're way too uptight if this offends you. my 10 year-old thinks it's hilarious.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #8
droideka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate GM View Post
Looks awesome, and great photography! Does lowering it on the stock bolts affect the ride quality at all? I want to lower mine but I don't want to screw up the handling or anything else.
thanks, man! i have not encountered anything to the effect of the ride quality degrading. i've driven it hard on twisty roads and cruised on the highway. still feels the same to me.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #9
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Awesome shots and still a nice stance! I think you have the best looking & photogenic CGM out there... the yellow calipers are striking, love it!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #10
1FASTC7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
Where did you order the black emblems from? Were the orig chrome ones easy to remove and re-install/ line up?
1FASTC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #11
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
What did you did you do to your front grill? I have a TPW beginning today, and one of the first things I shall do is remove the "Braces Effect" of the chrome center strip of the front grill. I like what you did and wish to do likewise.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:52 PM   #12
steved06512
SteveZero

Drives: Cyber Grey 2014 Stingray
I just took delivery of mine a few weeks ago. What do you mean by lowering on the stock bolts? Is the suspension adjustable to some degree? How is this done?
steved06512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:20 PM   #13
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved06512 View Post
I just took delivery of mine a few weeks ago. What do you mean by lowering on the stock bolts? Is the suspension adjustable to some degree? How is this done?
I'm not very technical so I'll let the other guys answer that. Here's a link that gives some more information and shows you how to do it.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/t...alkaround.html

And here's a link to a thread with some before and after pictures.

http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316345
Old 04-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #14
droideka

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KUIKC7 View Post
Love your car, but I agree I lowered mine on stock bolts but its still to high!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret9580 View Post
Droideka, your Stingray is Bad Ass!!!! I swear it doesn't matter what color or style, it looks GREAT! Jealously stuck at 1100.
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
That looks FIERCE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Awesome shots and still a nice stance! I think you have the best looking & photogenic CGM out there... the yellow calipers are striking, love it!
thanks! i LOVE how it came together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTC7 View Post
Where did you order the black emblems from? Were the orig chrome ones easy to remove and re-install/ line up?
RPI designs. http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=3308

the adhesive on the flags is a bit different then that on the other badges. it's a thicker, foamy, rubber core with two sides of adhesive that comes up rather quickly once you get the flags off.

what i did is heat the flags with a hair dryer for around 30 seconds until the emblem was very warm to the touch. next, i worked floss up under a top corner and started to saw and pull simultaneously towards me (away from the car) until a had about an inch of the corner free. then, i placed a flat head screwdriver behind the emblem and pulled toward me, NOT using the screwdriver for any leverage against the paint (i was not prying it off) until i had enough of a purchase on the emblem to get a finger behind it and pop it off.

you can pull the foam adhesive core off in large chunks and use goo gone or 3M adhesive remove to take off the clear tape-like adhesive that's left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post
What did you did you do to your front grill? I have a TPW beginning today, and one of the first things I shall do is remove the "Braces Effect" of the chrome center strip of the front grill. I like what you did and wish to do likewise.
lots of options. vinyl, plastidip, painting. i'm a perfectionist and my attempt at vinyl was not perfect. i don't think plastidip is durable enough long-term and didn't want to spend the time there. i painted mine, but at the expense of not having perfect grill trim anymore. see below.

there are several alternating tabs on the back side that you will need to either pull down or push up on to release. i was able to get loose all save for the last one (outside corner) that i had to break off in order to fully remove. i rattle-canned mine black and have it back on, but the corners are now held on with double-sided tape until my replacements arrive.

yes, i ended up purchasing a complete replacement set that i will have pro-painted and cleared. the pair will set you back ~$240.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved06512 View Post
i don't know if i can link to the "other" forum here. i'll shoot you a PM.