The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 01-27-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
lilpuu
C7 Red Heat

Drives: C6 coupe
Arizona Dealership to avoid

I'm writing this message for anyone that might want to patronize Van's Chev,Phoenix, Sands Chevin Surprise and Glendale. In Oct 2013 I ordered from Mike at Sands for C7 in which he told me that I would get it around Dec. Well, now it'a end of Jan 2014 no status still at 1100. So I canceled my order and went to Van's Chev in Scottsdale. Boy were they happy I came in and told us that we could get you a C7 within 3 months. Next day Berger called me and said I'm in luck that a cancellation just came in with the exact options I wanted but a 3LT ( Hmm) Art told me if I wanted it GM would start building it the next day. Well, it took a week they say it was built. The next day he told me to come in and pay for the car since it was built. I said What? I have not even seen the car less knowing if the car is built,just by his word and no documentation. I said No, he said we can't force you to pay but if you don't we will give you your deposit back and sell it to another buyer. They even said they would drive up 91 miles away for me to sign the contract. I asked him what if the car gets damaged before I get it,since I bought it already. He said we will cover it but would not put any description of the order or the car on the his letterhead. The arrogance and the unprofessional tactics they use on customers, no wonder why they low in sales. They will sell your order car to a higher bidder right under your nose to pressure you in doing what they want. AVOID this dealership.
lilpuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
Z-07 freak
Slammin' all six gears

Drives: 1991 Z-07 Corvette 2006 YZF-R6
Z-07 freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #3
Jabs

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS Stage 2
I hate dealerships like this I had a similar experience with Pohanka Chevrolet in Chantilly VA. I cancelled my order as well! Sorry to hear this happened to you!

Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #4
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
I've NEVER had to put a deposit down for any of the vehicles that I've ordered, including my C7.

Nor have I had to pay for a vehicle before seeing it.

Nothing like telling your customers you don't trust them.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:16 AM   #5
C7Driver

Drives: 2014 Z51 Lime Rock Green
I put down a small deposit for my Stingray order and will NOT pay the dealer until I see the car and do my own inspection. I have a checklist all prepared! So far, no pressure from the dealer. I bought my current '08 coupe from them so they are happy to have me as a repeat customer.
C7Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
WARP TEN

Drives: 95 ZR-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpuu View Post
I'm writing this message for anyone that might want to patronize Van's Chev,Phoenix, Sands Chevin Surprise and Glendale. In Oct 2013 I ordered from Mike at Sands for C7 in which he told me that I would get it around Dec. Well, now it'a end of Jan 2014 no status still at 1100. So I canceled my order and went to Van's Chev in Scottsdale. Boy were they happy I came in and told us that we could get you a C7 within 3 months. Next day Berger called me and said I'm in luck that a cancellation just came in with the exact options I wanted but a 3LT ( Hmm) Art told me if I wanted it GM would start building it the next day. Well, it took a week they say it was built. The next day he told me to come in and pay for the car since it was built. I said What? I have not even seen the car less knowing if the car is built,just by his word and no documentation. I said No, he said we can't force you to pay but if you don't we will give you your deposit back and sell it to another buyer. They even said they would drive up 91 miles away for me to sign the contract. I asked him what if the car gets damaged before I get it,since I bought it already. He said we will cover it but would not put any description of the order or the car on the his letterhead. The arrogance and the unprofessional tactics they use on customers, no wonder why they low in sales. They will sell your order car to a higher bidder right under your nose to pressure you in doing what they want. AVOID this dealership.
You were right not to pay for it ahead of time. The dealer actually can't legally sell it to you until it is in their name, which occurs when they are invoiced by Chevrolet right about the time the car is delivered to the dealer. They don't own it until then and would be selling something that is not theirs. If it is totalled while on the delivery truck, whose is it? Actually stilll Chevrolet's. But try to get your money back if you have already paid. In Illinois we can't even keep a deposit if we haven't physically delivered the car to the new owner. Against the law. --Bob
1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" (FOR SALE)
--Haibeck 350/510hp package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote