Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-09-2015, 10:01 AM   #127
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Wow what a beast! Maybe it would get serious bidders at Mecum, Barrett-Jackson, or even RM Auctions?
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:11 AM   #128
Mike502

Drives: 2016 C7 conv 7 speed. Black/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Wow what a beast! Maybe it would get serious bidders at Mecum, Barrett-Jackson, or even RM Auctions?
I've got it @ Frazer Dante in Roswell GA.
I've had a ton of Shelby's, Boss's, Z06, Z/28 and SS Camaro's. Had a C7 when they first came and now own a 16SS ......which to me is kind of like a C7 with the engine,trans and mag ride. The 16 Mustang GT was knocked on it's ass with the 16SS . The 16SS is slightly faster then the nonR 350 in acceleration numbers. Can't wait to see a head2head. In the 60's GM always kicked Fords ass on the street. The build quality of GM cars was much better then Ford. Today it's pretty much equal with both Camaro and Mustang in a tight fight @ the race track. I'm talking sports car race track. One BIG thing in Camaro's favor is having both Cadillac and Corvette doing a lot of R&D for them. Ford has to convince upper management to produce a single engine like the 5.2 for only the mustang. The buyer will do the R&D. I like both cars or I would have never bought as many as I have. The new Ford GT will be great to watch @ Daytona this coming January. Stay turned for an exciting year in sports car racing. Got my tickets for the 24 hour @ Daytona in jan 2016.

Last edited by Mike502; 12-13-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Mike502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:33 PM   #129
big dave

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I'm a big fan of all 3. Camaro, 'Stang, Challenger. God bless America! Big V8s and creature comfort...what more can we ask for. We're living the 60s all over again with the added benefit of technology.
'13 ZL1 BRM A6. 11.591 @ 119.2 factory stock with a 1.68 60'! Best stock mph 121.8. 11.29 @ 123 RotoFab, drag radials and skinnies. 4360# raceweight.
http://youtu.be/yggIA3C_kkA 2014... back to stock
http://youtu.be/spQLaTWbThs 2013... stock & RotoFab
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:01 PM   #130
TheSpectre

Drives: Boxster GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
I'm a big fan of all 3. Camaro, 'Stang, Challenger. God bless America! Big V8s and creature comfort...what more can we ask for. We're living the 60s all over again with the added benefit of technology.
And sadly, we will all soon be in the 70s as the governments (international) look to ruin our fun once again. That's why I want my V8s now, dammit.
TheSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #131
Fred25

Drives: 2SS Garnett,black enblems,AR Wheel
Had a 2015 Mustg GT with track pack and most every option great car except the clutch. Went with cold air, ford racing exhaust and VMP tune all worked well even got 25.5 on the hwy, The big butt is what Ford will not give you. Good suspension and a fast shift automatic. The regular Mustg. with auto drives like an ordinary car. Driving in and out of Atlanta traffic I had to change where Chevy offered everything. After numerous GToos, and iterations of Stangs I am going Camaro. I have numerous Vettes but GM decided to sell them to short people only for the C7 so no ZO6 hello Camaro. I have driving a 2SS and its is sweet. Still waiting for my car to come in.
Fred25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 03:47 AM   #132
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
I drove a 2016 GTPP yesterday. I do not like Mustangs(admittedly), but at the price/combined with their FI potential, anyone would be a fool NOT to consider a 5.0 if they really plan to USE the car. I Loved the color! Ruby Red. The seats were extremely comfortable. Best Ive ever felt, in fact. I found the interior very classy, aside from the doors that I kept touching expecting to feel less cheap than they did(hard plastics, though they did not APPEAR to be so). Sync 3 was spot on. I REALLY liked that!!! Gauges were nice. Old school...but a little clustered. Car was really quiet on the inside. Sounded, muffled, but good from the outside. "Adequate" for a V8, may be the better term. Not going to make any impression rolling up.
All good so far...then I got on it. What a slug.... How these cars are running 12.ANYTHING, I cannot understand. I guess it is simply a matter of perception-torque vs high rpm HP. Making it FEEL slow. Im sure the car was faster than it felt, but it really felt underwhelming. I can only guess due to the powerband and maybe break in? Either way, I would never be concerned about a GT. Then again...I never have been. 2016 is going to be a murder for the Ford camp.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:14 AM   #133
JBsC6

Drives: 2008 Blk C6 Z51 NPP
I dig the mustang gt350, gt, the hellcat and scat pack and the camaro SS..

Each has a slightly different focus but all are great choices...

I'm digging my ls3 c6 z51 m6 corvette as my daily driver since new.....and just shopping around now looking at what's available.....

The ponys are offering some impressive performance.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #134
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutral View Post
I've always been a fan of a good car regardless of its make, and that's largely why I never stick with a single brand. On that same note, nothing bothers me more than a "car guy" that pledges allegiance to a single brand and does nothing but talk smack about the competitors; they're the people that look at things on a black-and-white scale. The kinds of people that classify something as the best and any other offering falling objectively (or subjectively) short--regardless of the margin--as a piece of shit.

I'm a huge fan of both the S550 and the Alpha Camaro offerings. I think they both have their strengths and potential shortcomings, but I'm sure that whoever buys them will be more or less satisfied with their purchase.

So who's a fan of more than one flavor? Maybe spread some positivity around.

Disclaimer: I own a '15 GT and have nothing but good things to say about the new Camaro. I also understand the nature of rivalries.

I like both, obviously since I'm on forums for both cars.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:21 PM   #135
ssyellow1

Drives: Mustang
Both.

For me, I was in the market at the time the new Mustang came out and among other factors led me to purchase one. Furthermore, I just can't say the styling of the new Camaro is drastically different. It looks more of a facelift than a totally new redesign. A big thing though is the initial price and thats where the Mustang really got me.

Powertrain wise, I think the magazine reviews have shown which one I would rather prefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
I drove a 2016 GTPP yesterday. I do not like Mustangs(admittedly), but at the price/combined with their FI potential, anyone would be a fool NOT to consider a 5.0 if they really plan to USE the car. I Loved the color! Ruby Red. The seats were extremely comfortable. Best Ive ever felt, in fact. I found the interior very classy, aside from the doors that I kept touching expecting to feel less cheap than they did(hard plastics, though they did not APPEAR to be so). Sync 3 was spot on. I REALLY liked that!!! Gauges were nice. Old school...but a little clustered. Car was really quiet on the inside. Sounded, muffled, but good from the outside. "Adequate" for a V8, may be the better term. Not going to make any impression rolling up.
All good so far...then I got on it. What a slug.... How these cars are running 12.ANYTHING, I cannot understand. I guess it is simply a matter of perception-torque vs high rpm HP. Making it FEEL slow. Im sure the car was faster than it felt, but it really felt underwhelming. I can only guess due to the powerband and maybe break in? Either way, I would never be concerned about a GT. Then again...I never have been. 2016 is going to be a murder for the Ford camp.
When I first drove the car I ended up purchasing I had the same impression. There was definitely some break-in period or something going on because this thing felt far slower than my prior car which would trap around 108 mph in the 1/4.
ssyellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:38 PM   #136
Sleeper

Drives: It has 4 wheels
i love them both. I wish dodge would update the challenger too...it looks pretty bad on the freeway.

Admit it....driving on the freeway you see something coming towards you in the other direction...is it a Camaro ? A mustang ? What is it ?.... It has to come a little closer....ahhhh I see.
Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:01 PM   #137
MrIanB

Drives: 2015 Red Rock Camaro 1LT RS
i do but hate Ford infotainment.

Ian B
MrIanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:55 PM   #138
506JTF

Drives: Invalid
I like both. I have an 04 mustang GT. It's fun to make comparisons because it hopefully inspires the losing brand to bring more to the market. What's that Charlie Sheen saying?
506JTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:56 AM   #139
DevonK

Drives: TBD
Cross shopping the Gen 6 2SS with the GT Premium PP. The Camaro seems stronger on all fronts except for outward visibility and pricing. Right now in my area a GT Premium with PP and nav costs about 6k less than a 2SS with NPP and MRC. Is the additional cost for the G6 worth it? I will need to test drive both in the spring. (Another option being weighed is the Focus RS at $46k.)
DevonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #140
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I almost find it funny how some Camaro guys hate Mustangs and vice versa...makes no sense. Competition breeds better options...hence why I have owned four Camaros and two Mustangs over the years.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote