The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 10-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #1
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Convertible Owners please chime in.

ok I own a 2012 Convertible Camaro 2SS/RS which is being bought back by GM for the top issues.

I am planning on ordering a C7 as the replacement.

I want to know if anyone has had any top related issues on the 'Vette, and if so what they are.

also any comments, good or bad about the Convertible in general.

I love rag tops, and am not really a fan of having to exit the vehicle to remove and store the Targa top, so if the C7 convertible is solid that is my preference.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:07 AM   #2
monicatomokc

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2021 Tahoe Z71
Have had mine since April 24, 2014 and have cycled the top maybe 30-40 times (I usually leave the top down in the garage all summer) with no problems. Good tight fit and allows for a quiet ride when top is up.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
Kevette

Drives: 2014 C7 Night Race Blue - Blue Top
No issues with mine and LOVE to open/close it while moving.Great fit and does its job quickly and quietly.
Kevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:04 AM   #4
c7-havenfun

Drives: 1992 c4 corvette
Cool Convertible

Mine works great and fits tight.
Attached Images

c7-havenfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:10 AM   #5
mendeldl

Drives: 2015 C7, 2002 Pontiac Formula
I personally have had mine for 6 months. I cycle the top virtually every time I drive, thus far without any issues. I have heard that some have had problems with lowering the top via the key FOB, where it sounds like something interferes with the signal (cell phones allegedly) during the lowering. The reports are that the the interference causes the lowering to malfunction and the window can get pinched by the waterfall and shatter. The reports I've heard are very sparse (maybe 2 that I've seen).

Again, no problems with my top at all.

mendeldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:50 PM   #6
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

well after the horrible experience with the dealership and GM regarding the buy back, I decided to go another way.

as much as I want a Corvette, GM's behavior has soured me greatly, and I have owned a dozen GM cars since 1987, 9 of which I bought at this dealer, and I was treated like trash..

GM just lost a life long customer.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #7
Ciscokid

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
well after the horrible experience with the dealership and GM regarding the buy back, I decided to go another way.

as much as I want a Corvette, GM's behavior has soured me greatly, and I have owned a dozen GM cars since 1987, 9 of which I bought at this dealer, and I was treated like trash..

GM just lost a life long customer.
Good for you...GM isn't listening to its customers having issues with the Camaro or the vette. I was plagued with issues on my 2 year old vette, 6 weeks in the shop, with 48000 miles and couldn't even get a phone call from Chevy customer service.

GM is losing customers left and right because you aren't listening to your customers.

I tell everyone I talk to about my poor customer support on my 2014 corvette plagued with problems and the poor support I got from GM.

Glad to hear GM lost another customer due to their inability to support their customers with real issues.
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:48 PM   #8
johnu

Drives: 1981 C3, 2014 C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
Glad to hear GM lost another customer due to their inability to support their customers with real issues.
I feel, It's a shame to hear...........
johnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:20 PM   #9
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
Good for you...GM isn't listening to its customers having issues with the Camaro or the vette. I was plagued with issues on my 2 year old vette, 6 weeks in the shop, with 48000 miles and couldn't even get a phone call from Chevy customer service.

GM is losing customers left and right because you aren't listening to your customers.

I tell everyone I talk to about my poor customer support on my 2014 corvette plagued with problems and the poor support I got from GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnu View Post
I feel, It's a shame to hear...........
yes it is a shame and GM doesn't care....

not sure if any car manufacturer really cares, but I will say this, my wife owns a 2007 Camry Hybrid. She has just over 80,000 miles on it.

up until 3 weeks ago it had NEVER been to the dealer for any warranty work, it has run solid like a champ for 9 years.

3 Weeks ago her hybrid battery failed. Now in July we took it in right before the 8 year/80,000 mile mark (when the battery warranty expires) and asked them to test the battery, they said it was fine and charging @ 95%, 2 months later it completely failed, and the car was dead, we were then past the 8/80 warranty by 2 1/2 months and 1,800 miles.

Toyota quoted us $4,400 for a new battery, I made an off hand comment about how we were just there 2 months ago and they told us the battery was fine.. I wasn't complaining, I wasn't arguing, I just made an off hand comment about how irritating it was especially since I had just finished my GM buy back the week before.

The Service Advisor said "really?, let me look" he looked up the previous work order, made a call, and came back and said Toyota is going to warranty the battery as a good will gesture, and they gave us a new warranty on it. Good until 150,000 miles regardless of age.

I have never owned an import, I have always bought American, but that behavior coupled with the fact the Camry went 8 years without any dealer visits, I decided to buy a Toyota product, but since I am not a fan of sedans or FWD cars I went with a Lexus RC-F:

very comparable to a Corvette, while the Vette is a bit faster and has more torque, a 475hp 5.0 V8 isn't a bad compromise. It has all the same features as the Corvette, down to the competition seats and lap timers.

It is a bit heavy compared to the Vette, but that's because it has a back seat. but all in all I am happy with it, it is very fun to drive, especially in track mode.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #10
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
I guess my only question is.....if you aren't happy with GM or Chevrolet....why are you still on the Corvette7 site........I'm not trying to start ANY riff here....just tired of all the negative. If I don't like something.....I move on! I do like the Lexus.....my son has one and darn good cars-
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #11
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by asptroopa1 View Post
I guess my only question is.....if you aren't happy with GM or Chevrolet....why are you still on the Corvette7 site........I'm not trying to start ANY riff here....just tired of all the negative. If I don't like something.....I move on! I do like the Lexus.....my son has one and darn good cars-
because people keep posting in the thread and I keep getting the email notifications.

and I'm not being negative, I am simply expressing my feels and my experience.

as stated I have owned a dozen GM products since the 1980s, aside from one Ford and one Chrysler it is all I have ever owned.

and I haven't given up on GM completely, while I will not buy a newer GM product at least for another 7 years since I just got the Lexus. I am still in the market for a Corvette, and I am looking for a 1962 327ci like the one my father had when I was a kid.