The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 02-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
mendeldl

Drives: 2015 C7, 2002 Pontiac Formula
Blade Silver Metalic Owners

BSM owners, I have question for you and hope you can help me out. There has been a lot of conversation on this forum and others about BSM paint "mottling" (I hope I have the term right). I'm getting ready in the next day or so to order my C7, and have been leaning towards BSM for the body color. My question is this - Please respond with your opinion about your car. Is it:

A. Perfect Paint, I love it
B. Some mottling, but I can live with it
C. Noticeably bad mottling, and needs to be repainted to fix

I'm trying to ascertain the magnitude of the "problem" and determine if I should go with an alternate color. Thanks in advance.
mendeldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #2
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
D has some mottling, but I still love it and I get compliments on the color everywhere I go.....even from other vette owners
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
rramjet

Drives: 2015 Z51 Coupe. BS,3Lt AR.
I'm one of the BSM owners who is very dissatisfied with my paint and I'm one of a group of about a dozen on various social media and an e-mail chain with the same concerns. There is heavy mottling most noticeable to me on the doors of my car but mottling is visible elsewhere. Also a rub through on the edge of the engine compartment where an apparent fix to a blemish was attempted at the factory.

This is a link to a Facebook page on the topic along with a petition to GM on the issue. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1581989795369598/

I have reached the BBB Auto-line stage of my warranty claim after being denied any corrective action from GM even after dealer agreed the paint was poor and sent me to their collision center for an estimate on correction. Center said only fix would be complete repaint. I expect BBB arbitration to start any day now. Best offer from GM so far has been to paint the doors with no blending and the comment that it would probably look worse. They claim this is just the way the BS cars look and in fact asked the dealer Service Director to find another BSM C7 and see if mine looked any worse. They found one and claimed mine looked the same. Now there is a quality standard.

Plenty of people who have them are perfectly happy with their paint jobs so either they just don't have enough sunlight or visual acuity to see the problem or there is great variability in the acceptable paint quality for this color.

I love my car otherwise and I still love the color combination I chose which was AR interior and red calipers on a Z51 coupe. Just hate the paint execution on mine and would not order this color again unless I saw convincing evidence that they can consistently produce a quality BSM paint job.
rramjet is offline   Reply With Quote