Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-15-2006, 08:46 PM   #29
birdy233

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Ok, got some info today after talking to the head service advisor and new car sales manager at my local Chevy dealer. They said what I already knew, that you cannot order a new Camaro until 5-6 months before the release date, period.

The car physically isn't in the computer to order prior to that point and although they do get pricing info ahead of time, it's only a week or two before the car can be ordered on their system so they will not place orders or take deposit until they can do so. Plus the option packages are not know until that point as well.

They will take your name at this time and call you starting from the top of the list and it's up to you to come in and place the order and a deposit at the time when the can place the order. That is all anyone should be doing at this point and told me if they want to take your money now for a car you cannot order, look elsewhere. Also, they think the car to be out sooner than anticipated, so let's keep our fingers crossed.
birdy233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:59 PM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
As far as your last line, birdy, I wasn't told that by my dealer, but kinda got that feeling when talking to my guy. And...if my dealer is saying I should be able to place my order in March or April of 07, maybe the car is coming out sooner. Who was it that said they used to leak false information and then when they come out with the item, they would sit back and watch everyone go crazy?....hmmm. On top of that, if GM released it in 07', that would make it the 40th Anniversary Edition. They say it won't happen, but how convenient would that be! I'm only saying that it's a possibility. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:04 PM   #31
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28
Check it out, the eBay auction has ended. I wonder if GM had anything to do with it?

Bidding has ended for this item

The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for
sale.
I sent them a message regarding the item. I wonder if they will respond. Probably not, but I'm looking forward to hearing them say GM made them take it off!! HAHAHA!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:57 PM   #32
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Question from forrestchevrolet

forrestchevrolet( 32)
Positive feedback: 97.1%
Registered on: www.motors.ebay.com

Thought was too soon, since we still had 2 years untill production. Thanks for your time.

This was the ebay guys response on why he took it off ebay. Last I saw was at that last price I posted...think it was 4,789.90?
Old 08-15-2006, 10:16 PM   #33
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT
Question from forrestchevrolet

forrestchevrolet( 32)
Positive feedback: 97.1%
Registered on: www.motors.ebay.com

Thought was too soon, since we still had 2 years untill production. Thanks for your time.

This was the ebay guys response on why he took it off ebay. Last I saw was at that last price I posted...think it was 4,789.90?
Yeah right! Someone got put in timeout :(
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:02 AM   #34
Seanskny

Drives: 2011 2SS RS delivered 6-22-10
call me stuid, but I think I will wait until 2010. Let the price gouging go for the suckers, I will wait out all the bugs that will work their way out. In 98' the LS1 was introduced in the camaro and as you all know, it went to the shop often. Also, how often does a car manufacturer bring out the best to offer in the first year of production. If the ZL1 is offered, I'm betting that it won't be offered the first year back in production. Will visit Berger soon to let you all know what they have to say.
Seanskny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #35
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
LOOK AT THIS price markup for a shelby GT 500

at this link. (PHOTO OF THE WINDOW STICKER)

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=825612
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #36
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Won't happen w/ the Camaro. GM needs to sell too many for it to be profitable. If the dealers can't sell them because they mark up their price, GM will hurty badly. If GM hurts, the dealers are going to get it bad from GM. Won't happen. I can see dealers trying to mark up the first few they sell, but as far as the rest, it's all up to us. If we won't buy them at what dealers really want, they won't sell and make money. If they won't make money, what's the point??? They will eventually compromise!
Old 08-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #37
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Right. One thing you have to remember on the GT500 is this, Ford is only producing 8000 to 10000 I can't remember the exact number, but I know it is under 10000. That’s why they are asking so much. The thing is, people are paying that much for them… I could see this happening to a SS ZL1. I hope not because that is want I want to order!!!
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:05 PM   #38
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

OK, just got off the phone w/ another dealer. He said that GM wants to sell 100,000+ per year, as we know. He predicts that GM will make 2/3rds of these V-6's so that GM can make this a worthy cause. The other will be Z-28's and SS models. Remember, this is what HE preidicts. He said no one except for GM knows for sure. But, as far as MSRP goes....

He said that it all depends upon how many SS models are made and how many each dealership gets per shipment. The fewer each dealership gets, the more likely they are to mark up their price above MSRP. He gave me the example of the Z06 at their dealership. Right now, they have 10 people on a waiting list to get them. He said this was a higher number than other dealers because the owner of his dealership believes that if GM puts a price in stone on their vehicles, that the dealers should stick to this. This is why they get more business. It just takes longer for this dealer to sell the Z06's. He said he's heard of the GT500's going for as much as $20K above sticker (as we've seen on a previous post). He said they won't sell any SS's over sticker price, but it will take a lot of time to sell due to a smaller amount sent to that specific dealer.

In other words, try to special order your new Camaro from a dealer you know will sell to you at MSRP. If you are just going to go off of price and don't care about color or options, you are going to get your Camaro a hell of a lot quicker than everyone else.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #39
birdy233

I e-mailed every dealer within 100 miles of me (about 15 dealerships) and have gotten back response from 12 of them plus calls from 2 of them. All have said the same thing, we will keep your name/number/e-mail and let you know something when we know.

Now as I was typing this message one dealer that I spoke with several times called just to tell me that he heard first quarter of 2008 for release date is what he found out just today, (he is a sales manager). He stated that all the flack about the late release date has Chevy wanting this car out sooner and it's top priority. We will see how true this is, let's hope so!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #40
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Now as I was typing this message one dealer that I spoke with several times called just to tell me that he heard first quarter of 2008 for release date is what he found out just today, (he is a sales manager). He stated that all the flack about the late release date has Chevy wanting this car out sooner and it's top priority. We will see how true this is, let's hope so!
Did you ask him where he heard this from? All eight dealers I spoke with all stated that no one knows. One dealer I spoke to stated she will be buying a new Camaro as well. She said if anyone were to know, it would be her...BECAUSE she works at a Chevy dealer and has access to all their info. This is HER JOB. If anyone were to know, I wouldn't doubt it would be her!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #41
birdy233

I did ask him, he never answered and said I would be able to find out on my own very soon. He is a sales manager at the local Chevy dealer that knew all about the current info about the Camaro, so take it with a grain of salt, but I hope he is correct....
Old 08-17-2006, 07:15 PM   #42
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy233
I did ask him, he never answered and said I would be able to find out on my own very soon. He is a sales manager at the local Chevy dealer that knew all about the current info about the Camaro, so take it with a grain of salt, but I hope he is correct....
Yeah...I bet he really doesn't know but wants to look good. I only spoke to sales managers today and all stated the same. I bet this guy wants to try to make you happy so that you'll think of him and his dealership when you are ready to buy...and I hope it comes out early too. I'm not counting on anything, though.