Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-01-2018, 08:24 AM   #743
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
This is a complicated subject. Cars in general are not selling as well as they used to in favor of trucks and SUV's. Sportscars are even further hampered and I do agree that cost is part of the equation. It's getting to the point that a loaded Camaro and Mustang MSRP's for $50K+ and there just are not that many buyers who are willing to pay that for a car that does not offer the practicality, MPG's and ergonomics as other vehicles.

Both Chevy and Ford are chasing a declinging marketshare and with all the technology, safety, and performance the prices are getting out of control.

Depreciation is a killer too. For example I saved 29% off MSRP when I bought my 2016 C7 by buying one that was 11 months old used and had 2200 miles. Buying new has a penalty with these types of cars for sure the first couple years.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:49 AM   #744
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigante View Post

This is a spy pic of the upcoming Blazer. Probably, Camaro will get the same screen.
I hope not, that looks awful. I hate the way some automakers have those screens. That looks like it was just tossed in at the last minute
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:30 AM   #745
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:

This is a spy pic of the upcoming Blazer. Probably, Camaro will get the same screen.
That chrome surround is going to cause a bad glare from sunlight....
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:39 PM   #746
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:

Thanks for actually bringing up something about the refresh. It looks pretty legit that this screen will be used in the Camaro too. But I actually think the smaller one right now looks a bit less distracting
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:35 PM   #747
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
That chrome surround is going to cause a bad glare from sunlight....
It’s almost like the people that make these decisions don’t actually take them out in the real world. It all looks good on paper or the computer screen.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:42 PM   #748
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It’s almost like the people that make these decisions don’t actually take them out in the real world. It all looks good on paper or the computer screen.
Kinda like the charging pad. Must have fit the engineers phone but he didn't stop to think about other phones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:31 PM   #749
Stroked84

Drives: Nothing fun, currently.
Quote:

Nice. I wonder what the the resolution and size of that display are. Would love a huge Tesla style display, but it wouldn't look right in that center stack. I'd be happy with a slightly larger, higher resolution display that's a bit more responsive.
Stroked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:55 PM   #750
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:

Very similar to the camaro , right down to the air vents at the center console . Looking forward to the new Blazer .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:02 PM   #751
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Very similar to the camaro , right down to the air vents at the center console . Looking forward to the new Blazer .
I was thinking the same thing. The two air vents down low, the display and steering wheel co trolls, etc. Camaro DNA all over...

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:46 PM   #752
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I was thinking the same thing. The two air vents down low, the display and steering wheel co trolls, etc. Camaro DNA all over...
Guessing due to the higher belt line, lower roof unlike most in its class.

"We can tell that this crossover is getting an extra dose of style compared with Chevy's other, more conventional and practical models. The roof looks quite low, and the beltline pretty high, giving it a more aggressive, sporty stance."

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/28/...uv-spy-photos/
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:27 PM   #753
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
How much you want to bet that thing is built on an alpha chassis? A sporty performance SUV like the Porsche Macan? Ooh, LT1 option?

Death of Camaro right there. Car makers are moving to more SUVs than cars these days because that's what sells. As others have said, no matter how awesome the car, more people are choosing Sport SUVs over a sports cars. :-(
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:25 AM   #754
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
You have to understand that some cars are not made for high sales numbers, but holding up the image of your company. Only a handful people will buy a Corvette ZR1 or ZL1 1LE. But they get you emotionally attached to the Company through it. And even when you can't afford the ZR1 or even a base Camaro or Corvette, or you need more space for practical reasons, you may end up buying a Chevrolet Sedan or SUV because of the Camaro or Corvette.
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:46 AM   #755
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
How much you want to bet that thing is built on an alpha chassis? A sporty performance SUV like the Porsche Macan? Ooh, LT1 option?

Death of Camaro right there. Car makers are moving to more SUVs than cars these days because that's what sells. As others have said, no matter how awesome the car, more people are choosing Sport SUVs over a sports cars. :-(
$0. Look at how short the gap is between the front door and axle. It is definetely transverse layout.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:09 AM   #756
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
You have to understand that some cars are not made for high sales numbers, but holding up the image of your company. Only a handful people will buy a Corvette ZR1 or ZL1 1LE. But they get you emotionally attached to the Company through it. And even when you can't afford the ZR1 or even a base Camaro or Corvette, or you need more space for practical reasons, you may end up buying a Chevrolet Sedan or SUV because of the Camaro or Corvette.
+1
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote