Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-18-2022, 01:05 PM   #1
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Bluetooth Music not as loud

Curious if any of you have this issue also. If I play music through my phone via bluetooth, its not as loud as say Sirius XM or regualr radio. Anyone else have this issue, is it just the "way it is"?
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 01:32 PM   #2
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I noticed that myself on my 2010. I just made the volume louder on my phone and now its pretty much even with the other inputs

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:09 PM   #3
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Intersting. Just this very day, I took the new Camaro for a drive to the liquor store after work. This was only my second trip in the car and the first time I paired my phone to it. The volume was way low compared to a regular signal. Not sure what was up with that.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:41 PM   #4
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
As said above phone volume plays a big roll on mine. If my phone is turned all the way up it will be pretty close to the radio. Even though they both have had it, I’ve never played a cd in either of my cars so I’m not sure how that would compare.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:52 AM   #5
MSgt O

CDs are loud also, Ive tried to turn the volume up on my phone and it just doesnt "hit" as hard as XM...and I dont feel its as loud either...

@Danial, nice youre out enjoying the new ride, its been in the high 70s up here and the top stays down all summer!! Did you ever by chance find your tonneau?
Old 07-21-2022, 08:11 AM   #6
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
So, if this is you first time using bluetooth, it's likely that all the EQ settings are at zero.

The EQ settings are unique to each audio source, so if you are used to cranked up settings for XM, bluetooth sounds weak by comparison.

You need to open EQ settings while playing through bluetooth and set them to your liking.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:42 AM   #7
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
CDs are loud also, Ive tried to turn the volume up on my phone and it just doesnt "hit" as hard as XM...and I dont feel its as loud either...

@Danial, nice youre out enjoying the new ride, its been in the high 70s up here and the top stays down all summer!! Did you ever by chance find your tonneau?

Sad to say, no. Dealership is taking no responsibility (not surprised) so will have to buy one. And they are not cheap. I wonder if I could start a Gofundme page? hahaha

Last edited by Danial; 07-21-2022 at 10:11 AM.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:17 PM   #8
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
So, if this is you first time using bluetooth, it's likely that all the EQ settings are at zero.

The EQ settings are unique to each audio source, so if you are used to cranked up settings for XM, bluetooth sounds weak by comparison.

You need to open EQ settings while playing through bluetooth and set them to your liking.
Never thought of this....makes sense. Mine does exactly what everyone here is describing. I will give it a try next time out
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 02:13 PM   #9
MSgt O

@Rock-it Man..Im off to try this...Thanks!!
Old 07-23-2022, 06:45 PM   #10
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
I would bet $1 that it's the media volume on your phone, which others have mentioned. I have to turn mine all the way up each day after the Bluetooth syncs for the first time. Of course, the phone gives me a warning about damage to my ears, which of course I ignore!
Old 07-23-2022, 11:17 PM   #11
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
My pandora through the phone does this regardless of phone volume or EQ settings. I will have to try the volume up all the way before connecting and see if it helps.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 08:22 AM   #12
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
I use a phone app called Poweramp. It has full equalizer adjustments and all downloaded music plays through it automatically when activated. I haven't used it in the ZL1 but it does resolve the issue in other GM vehicles I have used.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 11:30 AM   #13
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Bluetooth audio volume is seperate on your phone from speaker volume and ringer volume, etc. so make sure it's up a bit. Too high and it will make your music "flatter", though.

It always takes more volume for me to hear the bluetooth at the same loudness than FM or CDs though, car or truck. The car resets the volume to a lower level every time I restart it. I have to remember to turn the truck back down before I shut it off or it'll blow me back out the door when I restart it and it defaults to FM as it searches for bluetooth signals.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 10:50 AM   #14
breynnmike

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutale arancia View Post
I use a phone app called Poweramp. It has full equalizer adjustments and all downloaded music plays through it automatically when activated. I haven't used it in the ZL1 but it does resolve the issue in other GM vehicles I have used.
I'm also a big fan of Poweramp.

The problem is that a phone doesn't put out as loud a signal through an aux cord. If you had some sort of pre-amp in between your phone and your aux port the music would be much louder as you want.
breynnmike is offline   Reply With Quote