Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-20-2016, 08:15 AM   #1
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Anyone Running Corsa's ZL1 Cat-Back?

Wanted to gather opinions on Corsa's ZL1 system, from the videos, I like how it sounds better than Headers to NPP.

They drone less, and I've been in many Corsa equipped cars that seem to just quiet right down if you're not on the go pedal, but when you do, they scream...Perfect .

If you're running the Corsa on your ZL1, comment below your exhaust setup (Headers, cats). Also, I can't find a 3" to 3" Catalytic converter connection piece from any of the major header brands.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
I really want to buy an aftermarket 3" system one day... but then I noticed all the other brands had the 4" beveled tips and the same mid pipe diameters and style. What really counts will be the mufflers themselves (number of chambers, baffle design, and flow design). I still believe there will be a drone no matter what, unless you have the vacuum valve that will minimize exhaust noise when at normally RPM's. I love the corsa brand, but I think that is exactly what it is... just the branding. Which is the problem with 80% of parts out there today... it's all brand driven.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #3
Boother

Drives: 14 ZL1
I haven't been in a ZL1 with Corsa, but I have been in a G8 GT with catted Kooks and Corsa. It 100% work as described, zero drone on the Highway at cruise but Great Odin's Raven when it was floored.

Saying that, I have heard first hand from a well respected local speed shop that their cammed, ported head, ARH catless headered, Corsa car is annoyingly loud on the Highway.

I do believe ARH makes 3"-3" with their headers/cat-back.
Boother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #4
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
I have heard a few in person and they sound awesome!

Def louder than NPP at WOT but not too loud at idle

I say go for it

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #5
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Cool stuff so far guys, keep it coming.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:58 PM   #6
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
I had a '15 1LE and I put the ZL1 Corsa exhaust on it and it sounded really good.
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:10 PM   #7
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I really want to buy an aftermarket 3" system one day... but then I noticed all the other brands had the 4" beveled tips and the same mid pipe diameters and style. What really counts will be the mufflers themselves (number of chambers, baffle design, and flow design). I still believe there will be a drone no matter what, unless you have the vacuum valve that will minimize exhaust noise when at normally RPM's. I love the corsa brand, but I think that is exactly what it is... just the branding. Which is the problem with 80% of parts out there today... it's all brand driven.
I think you might be off here a bit...Corsa is known for making some of the best exhaust systems going, superior to Borla, B&B, and others in quality and often sound as well. Corsa exhausts have never had drone, and if it did, it was always less than stock. Their stuff is nothing but high quality, and the price reflects :P .

I don't think you can go wrong with Corsa on ANY car to be honest. I have friends with it on their ZR1s, Z06s, GT500, and more, always sound great with the same characteristic: Very tame on when putting around, nothing crazy, but bring the revs over 3000 and the whole thing changes.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #8
Rando73

Drives: 2012 M6 ZL1
Kooks..no cats...Black Corsa and no highway drone.
It will cause the person in the car beside you to spill their coffee when you step on it.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:32 PM   #9
CamaroSS1675

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I had it on my 13 ZL1 with
Kooks and high flow cats. It was way too loud for my taste. I traded it for the factory NPP.
CamaroSS1675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:20 PM   #10
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS1675 View Post
I had it on my 13 ZL1 with
Kooks and high flow cats. It was way too loud for my taste. I traded it for the factory NPP.
That's the setup I want.

I'll start with Kooks + High Flows to NPP but I'm afraid it will be hardly louder than stock (to my ears).
Old 09-20-2016, 08:20 PM   #11
FSTORG5
Fast Orange

Drives: 2012 ZL1
ARH long tubes, no cats, Corsa, and BTR stage 3 cam. Absolutely no drone cruising on the highway, but VERY loud at almost all other times. �� The kind of sound that makes guys roll down their window at stop lights at just to listen. Tons of complements. But sound is a personal choice this setup would not be for everyone.
FSTORG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:54 PM   #12
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
That's the setup I want.

I'll start with Kooks + High Flows to NPP but I'm afraid it will be hardly louder than stock (to my ears).
I think you're going to like this setup. I know I did on my '12 ZL1. Knowing you're going to install headers and cats anyway, it gives you a good starting point for future exhaust mods.

It all starts with headers...

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:06 PM   #13
zl_won

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
I have a kooks to catless mids to corsa black exhaust...no drone at all when cruising. It's loud on idle and loud as shit on acceleration but when cruising at say 60 it's damn near silent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
zl_won is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:24 PM   #14
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Haha