The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-14-2021, 05:52 PM   #29
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
and this is why the camaro dies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
No but id like to have some different injector and hpfp options to help bring the price down across the board.
I’m not into modding as much as I was before, therefore those issues don’t concern me. Perhaps before you purchase a vehicle do some research on aftermarket support. I bought my Camaro because it was already perfect stock, people who care about aftermarket are a very small percentage of owners.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:02 PM   #30
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
and this is why the camaro dies.
The Camaro has poor sales because there are so few aftermarket exhaust choices?

Me thinks you WILDLY overestimate the number of people that swap exhausts. “Oh, I was goung to buy a Camaro, THE best performance car in the segment but the Challenger has more aftermarket exhaust choice so I’ll just buy the crappier car”. Don’t think so.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:35 PM   #31
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
no. it's not the lack of aftermarket support, that is simply a byproduct. look past the specific individual mark and see what it represents. the greater majority of this generation of "car enthusiasts" are not actually enthusiasts. the 6g maro is the most capable camaro ever built, hands down. unfortunately this wasn't enough, as evidenced by all of the 2 year old camaros with 3 different owners.

this car is perfect from the factory, i'm not going to modify it - said no car guy ever

oh we totally have enough aftermarket support, we don't need more options - said no car guy ever

i gotta trade this new 1LE camaro in for a truck bc family things - said no car guy ever

6g is an enthusiasts car, doing everything exceptionally well except be a normal car. normal people aren't going to put up with it. it dies bc despite what people said, they are not near as interested in doing car things as they lead on.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:36 PM   #32
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
GM should split off a "performance division" with its own funding/marketing for Camaro and Corvette vs. just killing off the Camaro. I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see Corvette break away and run independent from the rest of Chevy as the migrate the fleet to electric. GM should built what people want, not where they want us to go. Dodge seems to be catering to what folks want. They even said they will build both EV and ICE in parallel during the transition.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:17 PM   #33
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The Camaro has poor sales because there are so few aftermarket exhaust choices?

Me thinks you WILDLY overestimate the number of people that swap exhausts. “Oh, I was goung to buy a Camaro, THE best performance car in the segment but the Challenger has more aftermarket exhaust choice so I’ll just buy the crappier car”. Don’t think so.
I think you wildly overestimate the Camaro being the best performance car in its segment. Best handling sure I'll give you that but best overall nah no way.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:40 PM   #34
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
What’s better and why?
Old 10-14-2021, 08:13 PM   #35
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
What’s better and why?
Both the Mustang and Challenger are easier cars to live with and fit most of people's needs in a car. Their top end models are both faster than the Camaro as well. The Camaro has been pretty stagnant this generation as far as power increases or having special editions like the Z28. Ford brought back the Mach1 which to me is overpriced for what you get but they did still bring it back and it does sell. The best Gm could offer us was some goofy appearance packages like the shock and steel packages.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:17 PM   #36
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaska View Post
You want more variety in exhaust pipes and intakes than what’s already out there? Ok.

Why not? The more competition the lower the price, same goes for ported throttle bodys, throttle controllers, carbon fiber drive shafts, performance brakes, tires, tune kits, cams.

Last edited by Nilly Welson; 10-14-2021 at 08:18 PM. Reason: ss
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:22 PM   #37
Nilly Welson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
What most do not realize is Chevy wants to get out of the ICE market as fast as possible. FCA does not. Chevy wants to crawl up to the progressive left and make green cars. FCA who are more European based thinking wants to continue the ICE as long as possible. Chevy has already turned the corner away from v8 rear wheel drive too all electric and turbo 4 cylinder transportation.

Exactly, and its why I won't be purchasing GM anymore once they go that route.
Old 10-14-2021, 08:35 PM   #38
Nilly Welson

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
GM should split off a "performance division" with its own funding/marketing for Camaro and Corvette vs. just killing off the Camaro. I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see Corvette break away and run independent from the rest of Chevy as the migrate the fleet to electric. GM should built what people want, not where they want us to go. Dodge seems to be catering to what folks want. They even said they will build both EV and ICE in parallel during the transition.

Exactly Dodge caters to the customer, Chevy builds what they think you have. I think Camaro could have sold a lot more cars with just more eye catching colors and badass graphic packages that make statements about heritage. The Super Sport name has a long history yet they fail to capitalize on it. Why not add a standout graphic package option that all Super Sport. Camaro marketing has just failed in so many ways. Chevy has no vision, no imagination. The Harley Earls, John DeLoreans and other famous GM people in history have left a legacy. GM now is a joke. Everybody at GM just falls inline and are so politically correct that its just effing boring.
Old 10-14-2021, 10:17 PM   #39
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Challengers were neat when they debuted, but dear god is that a tired design at this point.
Dont think so. Why mess with success. Dodge noticed what happened to the Camaro. At car meets people walk right by my 2 buddies cars.....a 2021 lt1 10 speed in white and a 2021 1le 10 speed in red.The car they are checking out is a a 3rd friends 2016 Hellcat in plum crazy. That so called tired design put the Camaro in 3rd place.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 10:20 PM   #40
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
no. it's not the lack of aftermarket support, that is simply a byproduct. look past the specific individual mark and see what it represents. the greater majority of this generation of "car enthusiasts" are not actually enthusiasts. the 6g maro is the most capable camaro ever built, hands down. unfortunately this wasn't enough, as evidenced by all of the 2 year old camaros with 3 different owners.

this car is perfect from the factory, i'm not going to modify it - said no car guy ever

oh we totally have enough aftermarket support, we don't need more options - said no car guy ever

i gotta trade this new 1LE camaro in for a truck bc family things - said no car guy ever

6g is an enthusiasts car, doing everything exceptionally well except be a normal car. normal people aren't going to put up with it. it dies bc despite what people said, they are not near as interested in doing car things as they lead on.
Its a Camaro....dont over think it. People are not looking at it as anything else.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 10:49 PM   #41
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Quote:

So you aren’t a “car guy” if you leave your car stock, need to sell the car for family reasons (**** your wife and kids because you are selfish car guy who needs a Camaro) or sees a financial opportunity to make money on a normally massive depreciating item. Being into cars is a fad for some people that they either get bored of or outgrow.

I’ve owned a heavily modded STi in my early 20s, lightly modded E92 M3 in my late 20s, stock E90 M3 in my early thirties and now stock 1LE in late 30s. I have no desire to crawl under my car anymore or waste money on stupid crap like throttle bodies or injectors. Most Camaros are left relatively stock by their older, more mature owners who use them on weekends. If you want more aftermarket options then buy something like a Subaru. Every shop is offering options because it caters to the young, dumb kid who wants to spend their first paycheques on BOVs and tunes.

The Camaro will probably be my last “car guy” sporty car because I’m just not into driving these types of vehicles anymore. Roads here are ****ing terrible and dodging potholes and being bounced around gets old.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:23 PM   #42
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Both the Mustang and Challenger are easier cars to live with and fit most of people's needs in a car. Their top end models are both faster than the Camaro as well.
No they are not. Show me the challenger VIR or Ring times.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote