Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-20-2016, 06:46 AM   #1
1QwkSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS M6
Cam swap done AFR/remote tune question

So went with a BTR cam and at the moment running a base remote tune by my tuner until he's back from tuning in another state.......question is that at idle my wideband is reading ~16.5 - 17.8 but I'm smelling raw fuel....could my sensor have recalibrated itself by the ground being off the battery for two weeks? Going to do a recalibration after work regardless just not certain if that's a possibility

Running the innovate 3844 btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1QwkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #2
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Cams do run rich to be safe and that's a little high for Stoic, I use A real good tuner Tommy Wong and I noticed now with this cam and engine... milder cam is tuned with less gas smell from less duration etc.... I doubt your tuned that well and a good dyno tune someday will pay for itself in HP/TQ if done right and the yada yada... Sure you can data log and re-data log and re data log if that's what you have to do ..hey that's what you got do then it what you got to do. I know the wilder the cam the more gas smell I have had from exhaust over the years on many chevys. And you on a basic tune will be forced for a while to endure the richer smell to make sure you do not go lean most likely. ANd I imagine otherwise beside idle or WOT your much closer to stoic.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #3
1QwkSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS M6
I'll be getting a Dino tune when he gets back from his tuning sessions...this was just a basic tune to get me to be able to kind of drive the car around as it is my daily driver and it is a bit of a larger cam I was prepping for spray I guess you've pretty much told me everything I need to know I'll wait for him to get back here and try not to drive the car around much more thanks for the info man
1QwkSS is offline   Reply With Quote