Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-30-2020, 04:35 PM   #1
adaller7

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1SS
Question 2018 SS Mods

Hey guys just recently got a 2018 SS, yellow completely stock a month or 2 ago.
So far the only single thing I’ve done is I bought some carbon fiber accents to replace some silver pieces inside. Black rims are at the top of my list but other than that there’s a few more things I want and I was wondering if you guys knew the best place and make for the pieces as far as bang for my buck goes. I don’t have money out my ass for it but I also want good quality not something cheap. I know a lot of you use GM parts house for a lot, Here’s a list of my to do’s (in no specific order)
1) cold air intake
2) black Chevy bow ties
3) extenders to go over my paddle shifters I’ve seen black everywhere but I was looking for yellow or carbon fiber but I can settle for black
4) smoked out/clear tail lights (preferably a set that includes the 3rd light as well)
5) front splitter either carbon fiber or comes already black
6) side skirts same thing carbon fiber or comes already black

Thank you guys! My Instagram is @andrewdaller if you wanna see what it looks like if that will help you make suggestions!
adaller7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:16 PM   #2
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Welcome aboard! -Good lookin' car! I checked it out on the gram. I only follow car pages, but good for you rockin' the gym life! I was a trainer and did a bit of powerlifting WAY back in another life! I still try to be healthy as possible, but the "life" is no longer my life. Stick with it as long as you can!

Don't discount the value of the warranty. It's trivial...until it isn't! I think the GM cold air is the only one that'll keep your warranty. Maybe someone can chime in and elaborate on that. That being said, I have the RotoFab cold air on my 16.

Black Bowties...check craigslist or FB Marketplace, maybe even the classifieds here for a deal. ...but they're not crazy expensive from the parts houses. Phastek has 'em too, as do many of the aftermarket speed shops. I've ordered from them. Pretty good customer service. I'd order from 'em again.
https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...wtie-blk-2.htm

Can't help with the paddle shifters. Manual car here. Probably wouldn't be hard to paint or powdercoat. Just a thought though, be very careful with body color interior accessories. Your interior can go from classy to....um...NOT classy in a hurry. One or two things, and you're good, but it's a slippery slope. Less is more.

Smoked tails. I am without a doubt a fan of the stock GM smoked tails only. The aftermarket tails all look....aftermarket. To me. But what do I know. GM tails are pricey too, so I get going another route. Just look around. Take your time and figure out what you like. You could always tint your existing tails too. Just a thought.

I bought the RPI front splitter in satin black. It was affordable, and looks very similar to the 1LE SS splitter, which I like. Some can get pretty crazy looking. Just search though as there are a TON of options! ....same with side skirts. Lots of options, different looks, and different price tags.

Good luck!
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #3
adaller7

Hell yeah man right now this corona shit sucks cus I haven’t lifted for awhile and I’m sooo excited to get back but I had been going 5-6 days a week for about 2-3 years so it was a nice break.

But I see what you’re saying with staying minimal on the interior color. Also thank you very much for the input as far as the body parts go!! I’ve also heard many others suggest rotofab, is that the closed box one?
Old 04-30-2020, 06:08 PM   #4
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
No, the Rotofab is open. I have the oiled filter, but word is that the dry is worth 2 extra HP. That's not necessarily worth it, but the cleaning, to me is worth it. No oiling obvoiusly. Just hit it with some compressed air and send it!

https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...cold-air-1.htm
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 06:45 PM   #5
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Check out Phastek’s website for the parts that you are looking for and also Summit Racing. Both have competitive pricing as other vendors here on the forum!��
Old 04-30-2020, 09:08 PM   #6
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
1 rotofab
4 ZL1/1LE tail lights and 3rd
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:00 PM   #7
adaller7

So I can just buy zl1 headlights for gen 6 and they fit the same correct?
Old 04-30-2020, 10:30 PM   #8
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaller7 View Post
So I can just buy zl1 headlights for gen 6 and they fit the same correct?
the tail lights yes bolt on. https://wildhammermotorsports.com/ca...eneral-motors/
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 06:54 AM   #9
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Did you mean the taillights instead of headlights? I think there’s no difference in the headlights.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:41 AM   #10
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I am currently in build mode too, as I just purchased my Camaro 2SS Vert at the end of last May and now sits in storage awaiting spring or at least for the road crews to quit dumping salt on dry pavement and let the rain clean up the roads, LOL. So I have been searching and researching for countless hours on so many different products and so far what I have found is that for GM parts, (cold air intake, taillights, bowties, etc) shopchevyparts is the cheapest, especially with the code they give you on their homepage. Also close though is Wildhammer and Scoggins Dickey Performance. As far as splitter and side skirts go, I just actually ordered a ZL1 kit from ACS Composites. There are some others out there that offer similar style, but after watching youtube videos on quality and install issues and them not lining up quite right or not the greatest fitment with the other brands, ACS was the best option and they come painted gloss black as an option if you so choose. Mishimoto has the best oil catch can setup for both setup and price and fitment, if you are looking for one of those. Hope that helps.
CamaroSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body part, mods