The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 03-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #15
ohsotender1

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
from another newbie ... welcome ... it's a very friendly place

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet owner View Post
From one newbie to another, welcome!
ohsotender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #16
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Welcome, the Wife and I have been smoke free for 2 years now. The Camaro was our reward to quit. To tell you the truth this car made it real easy!!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #18
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Welcome to the site!

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #19
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Congrats and welcome!
Old 03-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #20
bubsy73

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Thanks for the welcome, I am pretty sure it's a 2LS, it's automatic basic V6 car. I need it for a daily unfortuanately, that's why i didn't go all out and get the SS V8 with all the trimmings. I plan to keep her as clean as possible and in the winter she will just get me to and from work and that's it. The '02 Monte will pick up the grunt work in the winter, but in the nice weather, when I get her, she will be fun and I do plan to share with the husband of course.
This was his idea to help motivate me to quit smoking, so this weekend I am going to give it a try and prepare myself so that when I do take delivery I will be clean from the toxins that I have put into my lungs for the last 20 years. I can't wait to be honest, but the more I want something, the more I work harder for it, and I know this is going to be hard, but from what I see here and the pictures of these cars, it is going to be worth it.
It's true though, I will have more money to spend on cars, my poor 84 SS needs to be completed and the last thing for her will be a fresh coat of blue paint. My husband will probably help me out with that one because he knows I will drive the old Monte like it's going out of style when she's done and he will take over the ****pit of the Camaro until I put the 84 away for the winter... I ramble sometimes...sorry about that....
bubsy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #21
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy73 View Post
Thanks for the welcome, I am pretty sure it's a 2LS, it's automatic basic V6 car. I need it for a daily unfortuanately, that's why i didn't go all out and get the SS V8 with all the trimmings. I plan to keep her as clean as possible and in the winter she will just get me to and from work and that's it. The '02 Monte will pick up the grunt work in the winter, but in the nice weather, when I get her, she will be fun and I do plan to share with the husband of course.
This was his idea to help motivate me to quit smoking, so this weekend I am going to give it a try and prepare myself so that when I do take delivery I will be clean from the toxins that I have put into my lungs for the last 20 years. I can't wait to be honest, but the more I want something, the more I work harder for it, and I know this is going to be hard, but from what I see here and the pictures of these cars, it is going to be worth it.
It's true though, I will have more money to spend on cars, my poor 84 SS needs to be completed and the last thing for her will be a fresh coat of blue paint. My husband will probably help me out with that one because he knows I will drive the old Monte like it's going out of style when she's done and he will take over the ****pit of the Camaro until I put the 84 away for the winter... I ramble sometimes...sorry about that....
It must be a 1LS. They don't call it 1 or 2. The LS is only available in one trim level option. Nevertheless Congrat's and enjoy your new ride.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #22
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Welcome, I had a 88 Monte SS, T-Tops, factory 373's, definitely awesome cars.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #23
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Wrong. 2LS is a new option package.
http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-perf...uild-your-own/

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #24
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Welcome Home!! I love my LS shes about 2 weeks old now and I just broke 500 miles!!
Abstrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #25
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
welcome
Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
That's why I asked the OP, "is it an option for 2012"? I don't know much about the 2012s. Nevertheless, that's good to see more options for all the Camaro trims.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #27
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Welcome to the family
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #28
bubsy73

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
That's why I asked the OP, "is it an option for 2012"? I don't know much about the 2012s. Nevertheless, that's good to see more options for all the Camaro trims.
I am not well versed on the Camaro, so I didn't Know what was new this year as opposed to the previous models. What I could tell when I built and priced was that the difference between the 1LS and 2LS was the transmission (stick or auto). Maybe there are other differences, I haven't looked into it any further than that. In time I will be able to keep up like with the Monte's. I like to think I know everthing, but hey, there's always something new to learn and I keep an open mind.

I would have bought the stick and saved a few bucks but thought that in a few years my daughter will be learning how to drive and if she is anything like me she won't have the patience to learn stick right away, and by then I will probably get myself another one that is standard and decide how to work out a deal for her on this one if she likes it that is. She's a girly girl and just isn't into cars, but I am trying believe me. At least I convinced my husband to get a Chevy.

We were looking at the Dodge Challenger as well cause we are trading in our old 02 Dakota cause it's about worn out but the salesperson at the Dodge dealer treated me like I didn't know anything about cars. So I went to a friend at the Chevy dealer and tada, here we are.

I was born a Chevy girl, heck my father had a 69 Camaro SS since I was 5 and just sold it last year. He is cashing in on his auto assets cause he is getting older and doesn't want to worry about storing them or not being able to enjoy them anymore. Too bad I couldn't have bought his, it was a 4speed with a 454 and it kicked butt! It's not all original, the 396 it originally had was gone when he bought it. He had a 327 in it for the longest time and then put it in his 57 Chevy which he still has. That thing is a beast to drive.

I haven't told a soul that I ordered this car except on here. I can't wait to see the look on my Dad's face when I pull into his driveway with this car and then throw him the keys and go for a ride. I think he misses his but I know he likes these 5th gens and I don't think he will care that I bought a V6. Sometimes practicality outweighs wants, and since he's a banker, he has seen the reverse far more often...not that buying a Camaro to drive year round is practical lol, but now I am in a position in life to get what I want and need, and not necessarily just need anymore..If I were to have gotten what I wanted I would have went for the Transformer edition SS, but it appears they are done production with them now...Idk, anyways, have a great weekend folks!!
bubsy73 is offline   Reply With Quote