Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-24-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
pat_t

Drives: .
Z/28 - EVAP delete?

Hi everyone,

I've done a search on this, and not turned up much.

Has anyone deleted the Evap system from their Z/28?

I've seen a few deletes in the 'decluttering your engine bay' thread, but nothing specifically relating to the LS7.

Where is the carbon canister located? somewhere under the car near the tank I presume as I haven't come across it yet.. Can the tank and all the lines be removed without damaging them (so they could be potentially refitted if the car was returned to stock)?

I want to delete to it for weight savings as my car will be 90% track use..

Hope someone can help me out with some guidance..
cheers
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
D2M

Drives: Z/28
The canister is located behind the gas tank by the rear subframe, is I remember correctly. As for under the hood there is only one hose and vacuum switching valve by the throttle body. It looks like the canister will be difficult to get to, you may have to drop the subframe. Not worth doing in my opinion as you will also have a CEL on.
D2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:36 AM   #3
pat_t

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2M View Post
The canister is located behind the gas tank by the rear subframe, is I remember correctly. As for under the hood there is only one hose and vacuum switching valve by the throttle body. It looks like the canister will be difficult to get to, you may have to drop the subframe. Not worth doing in my opinion as you will also have a CEL on.

Thanks for the info. I will probably still do it if I can get things off without causing any damage. Not too worried about the CEL I can easily get that code cleared and light turned off.
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:27 PM   #4
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
The cell will always come back just remember that. Does the canister weigh that much or are you looking at any available weight savings?
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote