Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-23-2019, 08:45 PM   #15
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Yeh but nowhere near the amount he shows in his pic. The amount coming out is very little and hardly an issue.
On mine it's so bad if I don't use the wipers constantly it is a driving hazard that's why I am going to block mine off since it's a fair weather car only.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #16
2SS6th

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Thank you everyone for their replies, I think I’ll go with the vent pad cover method, if that seems to help, but a quick question , and just curious, there might be an obvious answer to this silly question that I do not know but please don’t think I’m dumb haha, when the A/C blows cold, and it goes/bleeds through the defrost vents, how is it coming from the defrost vents from the inside and it’s affecting the outside of the windshield?
2SS6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:18 PM   #17
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS6th View Post
Thank you everyone for their replies, I think I’ll go with the vent pad cover method, if that seems to help, but a quick question , and just curious, there might be an obvious answer to this silly question that I do not know but please don’t think I’m dumb haha, when the A/C blows cold, and it goes/bleeds through the defrost vents, how is it coming from the defrost vents from the inside and it’s affecting the outside of the windshield?
The cold air coming out of the vent cools the glass below the dew point on a warm humid day, so the moisture in the air outside the car condenses on the outside of the windshield. Think of what happens to a cold drink when it's left outside on a humid day.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:20 AM   #18
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
No, it’s worse. That pic is in sunlight. In the evening after the pm rains it gets so bad you cant see unless you run the wipers, leave the hvac off and sweat, or block the dash vent with a cover.

Around here its 95F and 90+%RH every day in summer. The outside of your windshield will fog at a hvac setting of 75F if you’re not moving.

Come on down and visit our home sweet swamp and see.
Yep. This happens every time I drive mine in Florida between April to November or so. Sometimes more months than that.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:18 AM   #19
DeadSpider

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Most cars do this. Turn on the defrosters with high heat and gone in seconds.
I have only owned a bit over a dozen vehicles, years built ranging from the late 60’s through 2019 models. I have driven many times more than I have owned. This is the only vehicle I have been behind the wheel of that has this constant issue.
DeadSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:03 AM   #20
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
I found that I can just turn my AC down a degree or two when I see the fog on the windshield forming and it usually goes away. You can also ask Google or Siri what the current dew point is and see how close your AC Temp is at. If you go 1 below the dew point it will clear up and usually still low enough to feel comfortable.

Aside from that the large mouse pad would probably be the solution.

Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:43 AM   #21
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
there is no fix for it. they all do it 16-20 and GM gave up trying to fix it 2 years ago. i just through a t shirt up there when it starts doing it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote