The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #1583
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by You Won't View Post
I am not really that confused. I would like some ideas on some good meal plans to help me reach my goals. For now I will set my goal to get my body fat down to between 10 to 15. I would like to get done in 2 to 3 months and I know, as it has been said before, that what I eat will have a lot to do with it. Again I am limited to what I have as far as exercise equipment. The dumbells, crossbow, and I do also have an elliptical that I did not mention last time. I just had knee surgery last month so I can't run but they said I can get on the elliptical as long as I don't get carried away. I don't really do pictures. I think for every 50 pics the family takes you may catch me in one or two.
Big difference between 10 and 15% BF.....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #1584
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
Accomplished my summertime goal of getting 300 overhead this evening. Missed 290 three times, the first time driving the bar into my chin. Jumped 10lb after the third miss, remembering my coach telling me that my "body doesn't want to waste the energy on such a light weight. Go up a few pounds and hit it."

Bam. Push jerked three bills.

Holy Crap! Wow, that is Seriously Impressive! You must have your gear cycle really dialed in, Tren/Test/Primo? If that's AN, wow, you're like Superman Strong. I'm really impressed, 300 overhead is crazy, you're one powerful dude!

A million yrs ago when I was powerlifting it seemed like all I did was eat eat eat, around 4,000 cals a day and I peaked at 120 pounds. It was almost impossible to maintain. My squat for reps was 265 and my max was 285 for one sometimes two. More than double my weight but that was AN.

Big props to you Bro, really glad to hear you hit your goal. Bravo!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #1585
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Big difference between 10 and 15% BF.....

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #1586
You Won't
Nothin wrong with dreamin

Drives: Camaro SS
I am 36. Not trying to come across as a jerk because I am the one asking for help but I do know there is a huge difference between 10 and 15. I just wanted to try and get some where in between that range. I don't like the real veiny look, if that is even a word, and I am not looking to be able to see every muscle fiber in my body. I know sometimes the vein thing has to do with the amount of oxygen or nitric oxide or something like that due to certain supplements. I have nothing against people like that, it is just not for me and my wife would not like it either.
You Won't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #1587
You Won't

Kalimus, my current bmi is 28.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #1588
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Holy Crap! Wow, that is Seriously Impressive! You must have your gear cycle really dialed in, Tren/Test/Primo? If that's AN, wow, you're like Superman Strong. I'm really impressed, 300 overhead is crazy, you're one powerful dude!

A million yrs ago when I was powerlifting it seemed like all I did was eat eat eat, around 4,000 cals a day and I peaked at 120 pounds. It was almost impossible to maintain. My squat for reps was 265 and my max was 285 for one sometimes two. More than double my weight but that was AN.

Big props to you Bro, really glad to hear you hit your goal. Bravo!
Hah, thanks, man. I actually forgot to take my Animal Pak yesterday, but I was feeling good. 205 press, 355 front squat, 405 back squat, 535 deadlift.

I warmed up with a strict press/push press/jerk complex to 185, then push press into push jerk to 245. Push jerked from there.

I'm 206 pounds. 5'9" tall.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #1589
Natti337

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro LT
ah reading all of this makes me miss the gym so bad. I was a real gym rat unfortunately due to some health issues i can't work out for some months, it's driving me nuts. Well I hope you all have a nice day and a good workout, do an extra rep for me!! :-(
Natti337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #1590
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
Hah, thanks, man. I actually forgot to take my Animal Pak yesterday, but I was feeling good. 205 press, 355 front squat, 405 back squat, 535 deadlift.

I warmed up with a strict press/push press/jerk complex to 185, then push press into push jerk to 245. Push jerked from there.

I'm 206 pounds. 5'9" tall.

5'9" at 206 is like a friggn Tank!
Old 08-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #1591
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natti337 View Post
ah reading all of this makes me miss the gym so bad. I was a real gym rat unfortunately due to some health issues i can't work out for some months, it's driving me nuts. Well I hope you all have a nice day and a good workout, do an extra rep for me!! :-(

I hear ya, I had back surgery, and slowly but surely lifting a little bit heavier. Nice and slow, no rush, but probably done with the real heavy stuff. I'd hate to get re-injured. That's what I say now, I know how addictive lifting is, so who knows. I just like to push myself, just one more than yesterday!
Old 08-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #1592
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Kalimus, my current bmi is 28.
Unfortunately bmi is an almost worthless stat unless you have a very average structure. I would suggest getting a caliper test. I can give you an estimate too if you give me your height, weight, measurement around your waist (measured at the belly button), and measurement around your wrist (measured right in front of the wrist joint).

As for what you eat, seriously, and no joke, just start with "less". You could replace a single meal a day with one of those Healthy Choice Steamer things for example. In fact, starting to track your calories so you at least know how much food you're consuming each day would be very helpful. The type of foods you normally eat. That would help us kind of guide you in the right direction. There are several sites like myfitnesspal that can help you track calories.

Not trying to be vague, just in a bit of a hurry

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:07 PM   #1593
Natti337

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I hear ya, I had back surgery, and slowly but surely lifting a little bit heavier. Nice and slow, no rush, but probably done with the real heavy stuff. I'd hate to get re-injured. That's what I say now, I know how addictive lifting is, so who knows. I just like to push myself, just one more than yesterday!
yeah be careful with that, back surgery is no joke you can easily hurt yourself again, especially with squats and deadlifts. I'm having heart surgery next month but luckily they said i should be back to normal and i will have no limitations, hope this is true.
Natti337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #1594
You Won't

5' 7"
185 lbs.
38" waist
7.5" wrist
As far as calories go, I avg 1400 to 1900 depending on if my wife frys whatever we have for dinner. She counts them too. We eat a lot of ground turkey and chicken, made various ways. We did have beef fajitas last night and I grill some ribeyes maybe once a month depending on what is on sale. We always try to have some type of vegitable with our meal. I have been cutting back on what I eat. I actually strarted eating 3/4 of what I would normally eat and now I am down to about 1/2 of what I would normally eat. 2 of my biggest problems are that I may only eat 1 or 2 times a day and I can't sleep for crap. I understand people are working. I don't expect answers automatically. Honestly, I don't expect any answers period. I am just thankful that people are taking the time to help me try to get where I want to be.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:23 PM   #1595
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
5' 7"
185 lbs.
38" waist
7.5" wrist
As far as calories go, I avg 1400 to 1900 depending on if my wife frys whatever we have for dinner. She counts them too. We eat a lot of ground turkey and chicken, made various ways. We did have beef fajitas last night and I grill some ribeyes maybe once a month depending on what is on sale. We always try to have some type of vegitable with our meal. I have been cutting back on what I eat. I actually strarted eating 3/4 of what I would normally eat and now I am down to about 1/2 of what I would normally eat. 2 of my biggest problems are that I may only eat 1 or 2 times a day and I can't sleep for crap. I understand people are working. I don't expect answers automatically. Honestly, I don't expect any answers period. I am just thankful that people are taking the time to help me try to get where I want to be.
Am I seeing the word fry in here, I'm hoping you mean sautee. lol

According to your stats you should be eating right around 2200 cals a day.

Eating 1-2 times a day is not the best, that means your eating around 700 800 cals a meal on average. The body according to your stats cannot digest and utilize that many cals per meal as well as bouncing your insulin levels all over the place. You really should try to eat 5-6 times a day ideally.

What I do and may help for you is prepare certain types of mini meals in advance and freeze them then you don't have to think about it, grab and go. I'm going to post some recipes that give you the macro break downs. Some of them are regular meals and some can be made, proportioned and frozen for on the go nutrition. I myself can throw a slab of chicken, fish or other protein source, a bunch of veggies and a carb source such as brown rice, lentils, yams or the such on a plate and am perfectly satisfied but that's me.

I have many recipes but there are some that I always have in my freezer so I will post them as well. It will give you an idea of how to construct meals and then you can substitute the foods you like as long as you follow the general macro's.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #1596
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
This recipe is one that you can modify to meet your macro's and can take them anywhere, my freezer always has them.

What I do is quadruple the recipe, then put 1 cup of batter into a large muffin pan, it will make 6 muffins that you can freeze, when you're on the go grab one and nuke for 1 min and you can eat them anywhere and won't have to worry about your macro's

Many more to come, I'm going to make this easy for you but you must do your part. lol It sounds like you're motivated so all will be good.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote