Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
need input about car covers

My Camaro doesn't get a spot in the garage right now....and I'm looking for something that will attempt to protect from possible hail damage. So my questions are:

1) those of you that bought the factory cover - is it padded? Would it protect from small/medium size hail? Can you tie it down?

2) Anyone have any experience with these covers from high end motorsports?
http://www.high-end-motorsports.com/...ers-ss-rs.html
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
I have the noah cover from high end. I love it. Fits great. When you order it you can either just opt for the string tie that comes with it, or the extra lock/cable tie down that adds like $15 if I remember right.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:57 AM   #3
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
factory cover, while looks great, would do little against hail. It does have spots where you could put a lock/cable on it to tie it down.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:52 AM   #4
moultron

Drives: 2ss Inferno Orange
Send a message via AIM to moultron Send a message via Skype™ to moultron
I recently made a purchase of the Covercraft Noah. I researched every cover made in great depth. Realize this, no matter where you buy a "Noah" from it is made by Covercraft. Even California Car Covers buys all their covers from Covercraft and just renames them for their own marketing. After about 30 phone calls and numerous PMs with other memebrs I made my purchase about 2 motnhs ago and am very satisfied with this cover. It works great in the rain, sun, etc... As far as the cover not blolwing off, well that is impossible if you only use the attached locking cable or string. Go to Home Depot and get yourself 4 rubber tipped, spring loaded clamps and attach 1 under each corner of the cover to the car. For the best price....hands down call Mike at this contact info:

Mike's Custom
1-800-498-7882 (toll-free)

Tell him Sean from Florida sent ya. He will give a better deal then his e-bay prices.

Good Luck!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:01 AM   #5
Chief Bob

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6
I have a Covercraft Noah---hands down best cover for protection

Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #6
EdRedCamaro2
4BC Motorsports

Drives: 2010 1SS
I got a Covercraft Evolution through ProperAutoCare.com. I use it when I store my Camaro over the winter. I provided a link below for the various types of covers available for the Camaro. These people have given me great service!

http://216.60.144.111/ecatcust/getx....d=903263524604
Arrived 9/24/09

"In racing, they say that your car goes where your eyes go...I know it's true; racing doesn't lie" The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
EdRedCamaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #7
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
I have the noah cover from high end. I love it. Fits great. When you order it you can either just opt for the string tie that comes with it, or the extra lock/cable tie down that adds like $15 if I remember right.
+1 Great cover I got mine in black looks great fits perfect.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I have the Noah through Ca Car covers. good cover. One thing to note - at least it's my belief, that a car cover will scratch the finish of the car. I have many, many layers of Zaino on my car - PC swirls out a couple of times, and no matter how careful I am cleaning the car before covering, it always has scratches & swirls. I think it's part of life with a car cover ;( mine also lives outside and when i park at work after driving there, I cover her also.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
I have the GM cover. Fits like a glove - has pockets for the side mirrors and the shark fin antenna. But it is not padded at all.
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I have mine in a garage. Should I go with a heavy padded cover to keep the kids from bumping the car or just a light dust cover, or none at all?
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #11
cruznls
cruznls

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Wink

Noah is a type of fabric made by Kimberly Clark....
We have covers from Wolf & California Car Cover.
The Noah material is the same...
It's good for outdoor use...
But for dents & dings you might want to check out
the "Stormweave" fabric.
Remember all covers when used outside will not last forever...........
cruznls is offline   Reply With Quote