The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 11-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
ford37502
Chevy's - Fast and Loud

Drives: C6 Conv, 1948 Chev P'up 1969 Camaro
C7 Headroom vs C6

Need some firsthand info from you C7 readers.... Currently have a C6 convertible and want a C7 so bad I can nearly taste it. I've heard a TON of comments about the C7 being short on head/hip/legroom, but it's always from someone who has never sat in one. Before I drop $70k on a C7, I need someone to shed some light. I live in central Illinois and my local dealer has no allocation until January so I can't set my backside in one. I'm 6'3" and long in the torso. I fit the C6 OK, but I need to get a more comfortable feeling about the interior before I make a commitment sight unseen. Thanks for the input....
ford37502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #2
Salameth

Drives: Corvette Stingray Premier Edition
Take a look at this thread. I think you will be alright.

http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321279
Old 11-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
binko

Drives: Honda Accord
I'm 6'4" and placed my order this week. I did sit in it first. Initially I was quite concerned because I had everything all the way back and it was snug. What I found was that you need to set the seat cushion up and tilt all the way back THEN you move the seat to the back of its travel. I'm good to go!!!!!
Surprisingly, leg room on the passenger side is not as accommodating to very tall people.
If it's going to be mostly your spouse there, than it's a non-issue.
binko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
ford37502
Chevy's - Fast and Loud

Drives: C6 Conv, 1948 Chev P'up 1969 Camaro
Thanks for the replies....Salameth, followed your link. Saw the picture of the 6'7" dude and his wife sitting in his C7. He had 2" above his ball cap !!!!! Just got home from my local dealer. Ordered a black/black/Kalahari convertible. Now I just have to wait for a build slot......small dealer with no allocation so I may be awhile !!!! Could go elsewhere, but the dealer principal is a good friend and I'm a long time customer, so what do you do????
ford37502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
LeMans
Got that Motown sound!

Drives: 2011 Audi S4
Depends on body configuration. If you're mostly legs, I'm thinking you'll be fine. If you're more torso, it might be a tight fit.