Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #29
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetan View Post
hey vroom if i was to install these and wire them up; how would they work with the jdp halo kit? that is a seperate wiring harness it self. or am i still able to connect to the wiring harness on the stock halos
This shouldnt interfere, Im not all that familiar with the JDP halo kit.

But all you are doing is tapping into the power that eventually gets to the halos, you arent changing the halo connector/harness/bulb or anything like that.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #30
neetan

Drives: IOM M6 2SS/RS
Ok i will try it out and see how it goes!
neetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #31
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Quote:
Ok i will try it out and see how it goes!
Good luck, let us know, post some pics
Old 08-12-2014, 03:31 AM   #32
neetan

Drives: IOM M6 2SS/RS
can you send pictures of the harness drilled and how deep the wire goes. im having trouble making the white leds work. ive tried running a wire to the side markers but still get nothing. maybe i havent drilled enough?
neetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #33
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Quote:
can you send pictures of the harness drilled and how deep the wire goes. im having trouble making the white leds work. ive tried running a wire to the side markers but still get nothing. maybe i havent drilled enough?
There is a picture. The wiring harness is two pieces, take it apart, and drill ALL THE WAY THROUGH one piece, so that your wire can make it all the way thru to the contact. Its fairly common sense when you look at it, drilling halfway into the plastic will just leave a wire touching plastic.

Take the harness apart, you should have a bulb, a piece that the bumb mounts to that also plugs into another wiring harness, then you should have a wiring harness with the actual wires coming out.

You are trying to get a wire to come through, just like the stock wires

From an earlier post:

Actually I just matched the drill bit up a tad smaller to the wire I was using and shoved it in there, It was a really snug fit, I was planning on adding silicone but I couldnt even pull the wire back out when tugging on it. I taped everything back up with electrical tape. And I used a big enough wire, and left enough extra in the channel that it made a good connection.

I wiggled everything around and all of my connections were tight. On my old car I usually put a bit of solder when I spliced connections, or used real connectors, but I didnt have time last night.

One thing thats weird, is that if you look at the blinker light harness, its actually two pieces. ALmost a mounting piece for the bulb (which has three working poles/contacts) and then the wiring harness that plugs on to that.

So it isnt like I thought before, you arent just trying to get a piece of wire to touch the little lead on the bulb, it is in a female slot, and the bulb mounting piece has the male end, so when they get shoved and locked together theres nowhere for the wire to go.

Just use a decent sized wire.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #34
jgray1978

Drives: '12 2SS/RS 45th vert, '14 2SS/RS
Can the bulb monitoring be tuned out?
Old 10-14-2014, 03:10 PM   #35
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
Maybe gtprix could do it.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #36
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray1978 View Post
Can the bulb monitoring be tuned out?
Why, what problem are you having?
Old 04-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #37
Marcolow

Drives: 2014 1LT RS - Black
Is the wiring the same in the 2014 RS? I cannot find any documentation for the wiring of my 2014 RS, but I suspect that the same wires/color of wires is used for the headlights/always on wire. I have purchased some diode dynamic LED turn signals for my 2014, which apparently comes with a 7440 socket, when it can technically fit a 7443, so I went to Diode again and grabbed the 7443 sockets and would like to swap sockets and get the switch back capability, however I am worried to T-Tap the wrong cord from my headlights.
Marcolow is offline   Reply With Quote