Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 10-19-2015, 12:25 PM   #1
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
car rental at nurburgring?

Hi folks - Slightly off topic, but I'm going to get an opportunity to travel to Germany for work soon and I want to go drive the ring. If any of you have done this before, please provide any recommendations about how/where to rent the car that is allowed to be used on the track (I've been told don't take a rental car from a normal company like Hertz, etc.. on the track)

I was just poking around on http://www.nuerburgring.de/ and I see a place to rent a track prepped car there, but it's not letting me do it for some reason - I assume there are other options.
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
TanyaK

Drives: 2010 White SS
Hi solo40oz,
Just went to the Nürburgring in Aug, I definitely recommend using Rent4Ring (http://www.rent4ring.de/en/). They have fully prepared Suzuki Swifts and BMW 1ers, complete with roll cages, race seats and harnesses, great brakes, upgraded suspension and more. Great customer service and they give you a quick video for rules and a few tips for first time Ring drivers. It's a bit pricey, but the more laps you do the cheaper per lap it becomes. Recommend sharing a car with a friend / significant other to keep the price down and having a co-driver is pretty useful for the first few laps. Also can reserve ahead of time, we did not but got lucky and they called us back about 2 hours after we stopped by with an available Suzuki.

It's a hoot, awesome experience, hope you have fun!
TanyaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:27 PM   #3
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaK View Post
Hi solo40oz,
Just went to the Nürburgring in Aug, I definitely recommend using Rent4Ring (http://www.rent4ring.de/en/). They have fully prepared Suzuki Swifts and BMW 1ers, complete with roll cages, race seats and harnesses, great brakes, upgraded suspension and more. Great customer service and they give you a quick video for rules and a few tips for first time Ring drivers. It's a bit pricey, but the more laps you do the cheaper per lap it becomes. Recommend sharing a car with a friend / significant other to keep the price down and having a co-driver is pretty useful for the first few laps. Also can reserve ahead of time, we did not but got lucky and they called us back about 2 hours after we stopped by with an available Suzuki.

Awesome! Thanks for the info!
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:17 PM   #4
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaK View Post
Hi solo40oz,

Video or it didn't happen.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:40 PM   #5
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
RSR Nurburg. They actually have fast cars you can rent