Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #15
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
I ordered the day ordering opened while I was deployed, came back and the car I ordered was waitin for me, wanted 10k I kid you not 10,000 dollars over the price we agreed on. Bought a 2010 Camaro SS from my dads friend a month later in summer 09. Worked out because that deployment I lost the ability to use correctly and feel my left arm. 12 surgeries in a 2 year period, wouldn't have been able to drive the standard trans and the car I bought off lot later was a auto. Shit just worked out right, ty universe.

You will know more about the car while they should know more about ordering and manufacturing and delivery processes. Deposits are a no no. Don't buy the car if one detail is off. The dealer is sellin a car from GM with as little cost to them as possible they should bend over backwards via email or updates on phone.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #16
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Short Story:
I ordered my custom ordered my current Camaro, and I would do it again if I get the new one.

Long Story:
The dealer screwed up my order, but it was partly my fault. My dealer claimed full responsibility and offered my a big discount on the wrong car if I still wanted it, or a smaller but still respectable discount on reordering another one. But I countered with the original deal on a re-order, but the fix the A/C in my current car on the house. They accepted. Everybody was happy.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:39 PM   #17
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
When you get the call that your car has arrived, try to get there asap so you can view the car and check for damage. At that time it's a good idea to get the build sheet which might be located in the trunk with the car mats, if not it will get thrown out when they pdi car.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:44 PM   #18
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Ordered my 2010 SS in 09 just the way I wanted it and it came on time and as promised. Only gripes would be that it came at night and someone that night put 10 miles on. Probably drove it like they stole it. From my experience the only reason to order a car again would be like now when your ordering a new generation of car and its not out yet. You give up a lot of money for being one of the first to have one. I saw some guys get some new 2013-2014 cars with more options than mine for less than mine. That was a little difficult to see.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:18 AM   #19
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
Only gripes would be that it came at night and someone that night put 10 miles on. Probably drove it like they stole it.
I probably would've been pretty pissed. Did it come off the truck with 10?
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:10 AM   #20
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
I've ordered 4 new cars.

Questions For Camaro Nation:

1. For the people who have ordered new cars in the past, did you receive your car the way you ordered it?Yes, I went through with my salesman on the order sheet so he was clear.

2. Do you have any horror stories to tell about what the experience was like when ordering past new cars? I'm Canadian, so I usually have to wait three months between saying 'order it', the dealer getting allocation, and arrival. That's all

3. Ordering Previous New Cars, Was it a SUCCESS Story? Totally, you get the car you want!
Old 10-11-2015, 02:20 PM   #21
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
I have ordered 2 cars from the factory, my 2014 1LE and a 2016 Equinox. Both were great successes and it is the only way I will buy a new car now. The dealer I ordered my Camaro from had allocation at the time of my order and it was about 6 weeks before it was ready for me to pick up. The dealer I ordered the Equinox from did not have allocation at the time so it took a little longer but we got exactly what we wanted on both cars and no extras. If I trade for a 6th gen (it is really tempting) I will order it like my 5th gen but it won't be until 2017 model year at the earliest.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:43 AM   #22
joecamaro53

Drives: last Chevy was LT1 Caprice
I ordered a '73 Monte Carlo (I was 19 then), a '78 Buick Regal Turbo, and a '94 Caprice w/LT1. No problems then, and customer service back then probably wasn't what it is now. The Regal did lack some small item that I was able get through the parts department and install myself; and it came with Firestone tires, and my father (who worked for Goodyear) went ballistic because the dealer charged $30 to swap tires with another vehicle. In the dealer's defense, he did have to pull a mechanic off a job and pay him to do this task. When I went to pick up the Caprice, several other people were looking at it and not any of the other Caprices on the lot. "Sorry, that's mine!"
joecamaro53 is offline   Reply With Quote