Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #15
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Assuming the 5' 4" isn't a typo then you have a much greater chance of having adequate room. My wife is very short and I'm not tall so I can usually make most small cars work.

The real issue will be the back seat bottom cushion and your child's legs (typically after the booster stage). If the legs are not long enough then the feet won't be able to be pointed towards the floor but will be kicked out at an angle and make contact with your seat. Even if you fit she will kick you all day long.

As has been said you can make a car like this work (tall people can't) it just becomes a hassle for most. A four door is so much easier and if you end up having 2-3 kids, easy is what you end up wanting.

Having said all of that there are a number of family friendly and fun vehicles.

I agree with you on the Chevy SS, boring ass car, the Charger Scat Pack is a nice option, A Challenger while only 2 doors would have more than enough room and could be an option; or you could go Swiss army knife with a Golf R, Focus RS or similar. Allows you to carry most anything, good in bad weather and still fun.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:38 PM   #16
kmdrum79

Drives: 2018 Audi SQ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
I agree with you on the Chevy SS, boring ass car, the Charger Scat Pack is a nice option, A Challenger while only 2 doors would have more than enough room and could be an option; or you could go Swiss army knife with a Golf R, Focus RS or similar. Allows you to carry most anything, good in bad weather and still fun.

Yeah, the height wasn't a typo.

As far as the other cars, I had a Charger SRT8 for a day but hated how big it was and it handled poorly. The dealership was really cool with me and let me give it back to them and get into a Jeep Grand Cherokee since it was less than 24 hours.

From everything people have said on here, it appears that we're going to be fine with it. Seems like it has it's hassles like any other car. Guess I'll see when they're at the dealerships how it'll work out for me. I tell myself I'm going to get a Camaro, one of these days. Only 5th Gen I truly considered was the ZL1 (although I liked the 5th Gen outside, couldn't get past the interior quality) but the new one is something that appeals to me inside and out. I think the design is awesome and it makes me feel that not getting the ZL1 wouldn't be so bad with the new SS's specs and option availablity.
kmdrum79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #17
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
If you have Z06 money to spend, but need back seat room... Hellcat. lol

Edit: Just saw you didn't like the SRT8. How about ATS-V? Or if you need a V8, CTS-V?

Honestly though, get something where the kids in the back seat can actually see outside.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #18
kmdrum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Edit: Just saw you didn't like the SRT8. How about ATS-V? Or if you need a V8, CTS-V?

Honestly though, get something where the kids in the back seat can actually see outside.
Yeah, I looked at the new ATS-V, CTS-V and BMW M3 and my wife said they're boring. Lol! She feeds my need this time for not going with a sedan. I agree, the logical side tells me to get a sedan or something where my daughter can have a door and window but my fun side says go with muscle and sporty. First world problems. Lol!
Old 06-05-2015, 08:15 AM   #19
bobby97z

Drives: 06 Civic (not for long) Retired 97z
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdrum79 View Post
Yeah, I looked at the new ATS-V, CTS-V and BMW M3 and my wife said they're boring. Lol! She feeds my need this time for not going with a sedan. I agree, the logical side tells me to get a sedan or something where my daughter can have a door and window but my fun side says go with muscle and sporty. First world problems. Lol!

I'm having the same decision!!! I really want a c7 z51 (love the targa top) and wiffie has given me the go, but i keep holding off because ill be the only one enjoying it on my days off. I have a 5 and 3 y.o. boys and the new camaro is really appealing to me since i can put booster seats in the back. Even though it wouldn't be much room, it would be more room than a vette. The hellcat charger is also appealing (the camaro looks better, imo) but just dont want a sedan and have to have a manual trans.
decisions, decisions!
bobby97z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #20
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
I have 2 kids and would strongly advise that you buy a Camaro. It's not going to be your primary family vehicle so you'll be just fine. Buy enough car seats for both vehicles to save the hassle of moving them in and out. As someone else pointed out a rear facing seat is the biggest pain and the passenger seat does need to be moved up all the way. My wife is 5' 6" and she was ok for leg room, not ideal but she wasn't sniffing her knees either.
As far as I know you only live once. Go for it man or at least don't buy a mini van.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #21
kmdrum79

Yep, you only live once. My thoughts have always been save some for the future but not all. You have to have some fun when you are in your prime. If not, you could end up too old to fully enjoy it, if you can retire. Thanks for all of the feedback as I know others are in the same boat as I am.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:40 PM   #22
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Sorry but I see a suv in the future , Camaros dont cut it with kids just too small save your $
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:52 PM   #23
kmdrum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Sorry but I see a suv in the future , Camaros dont cut it with kids just too small save your $
Already have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (and it's already paid off thankfully). It's our main vehicle but I want something fun but don't want to be limited to where I can never be able to take the family in it. Like I said, the wife agreed to me getting a Z06 but I want to be able to take both of them in the car I get.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #24
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Go for the gold. Sounds like you have plenty of options to carry the family on a daily basis. The Camaro will do when needed. Maybe get a convertible. Your kids will love that.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #25
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Go for the gold. Sounds like you have plenty of options to carry the family on a daily basis. The Camaro will do when needed. Maybe get a convertible. Your kids will love that.
In my experience the kids love the concept of the convertible more than the experience.

Mine will tolerate the top down only if all the windows are up, same with the wife. I will say that it is very easy to carry things by putting the top down and dropping it in the back seat.

I'll be testing leg room in the Camaro and Mustang to see if they are options for me although I may just wait until the spring. I hate test driving cars in the winter on summer tires.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:19 PM   #26
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
My son was born in December 2009.....3 months later I traded in a 4 door Saturn Aura for my 2010 Camaro. The rear facing car seat fit just fine. The front facing car seat fit just fine. This is my daily driver and I take my now 5 year old son to pre-school every day in it. Is a sedan or suv easier with kids? You betcha...but don't let anyone convince you that a Camaro is impossible with kids.
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:24 PM   #27
kmdrum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
My son was born in December 2009.....3 months later I traded in a 4 door Saturn Aura for my 2010 Camaro. The rear facing car seat fit just fine. The front facing car seat fit just fine. This is my daily driver and I take my now 5 year old son to pre-school every day in it. Is a sedan or suv easier with kids? You betcha...but don't let anyone convince you that a Camaro is impossible with kids.
I'm sold! Lol!

Last edited by kmdrum79; 06-11-2015 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:29 PM   #28
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Camaro is a two seater....

I have 4 kids so I know.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote