The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-01-2015, 11:53 AM   #43
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
It's technologically impressive, but visually it does nothing for me. I really didn't expect much with a name like "CT6"
It's supposed to be sleek/stylish, which IMO it achieves in spades. It's also why I personally like the design of the Chrysler 300.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:08 PM   #44
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
looks sick but looks like a bunch of different cars rolled up into one

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #45
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
The weight is pretty amazing. I know it's only 3700 lbs but it shouldn't be offered with a 4 cylinder.

Front end is gorgeous as always but the rest of the profile is lacking. That being said i'm glad they finally changed up their interior. Looks a lot better than the current offerings.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:42 PM   #46
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
As for the 2.0T.............welcome my friends to real world CAFE impacts.

Also notice the AWD system that works with a 400 HP engine. Sign of things to come I hope.

And I still struggle with the name. Unless they change the CTS to CT4 at launch I can just hear the conversation.

Hi I'd like to test drive the new CTS

Oh I have one of those over here

That isn't the car from the auto show

Oh you mean the CT6

Yes, I thought that was the S. Isn't 6 spelled with an S?
Old 04-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #47
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
It's supposed to be sleek/stylish, which IMO it achieves in spades. It's also why I personally like the design of the Chrysler 300.
Yup! Even though, I like the look of the 300 more , this CT6 is still sweet!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:12 PM   #48
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Now I need to win the lottery...
Old 04-01-2015, 10:37 PM   #49
Eleven
Out-Shocker/In-Minivan!

Drives: 1LE
Was at the show today.

The car is quite impressive.

The good things are the front, sides and the interior.
The interior is simply amazing. It looks soooooo good. Fit, finish and materials seemed really good.

The bad things. Sitting in the back seat there is that bump out containing some type of ir sensor/maybe a screen that pops up. It was placed so far back that if you were a back seat passenger it would feel like someone had a seat back right in front of your face, kind of annoying. The other ting is the rear end of the car did nothing for me.

Overall I really liked the car. If i got it I wouldn't be sitting in the back, so I wouldn't really care about the bump out.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #50
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo

5 Key Things to Know About the 2016 Cadillac CT6
Quote:
The 2016 Cadillac CT6 may appear to simply be a larger, more expensive version of the company's CTS sedan, but there's a lot more to it than that. To chase the Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, and Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Cadillac rethought nearly every aspect of how it builds luxury cars.

1. Aluminum construction isn't just for bragging rights
By using aluminum for the 2016 Cadillac CT6, engineers kept the base curb weight of this long luxury sedan below 3,700 pounds. As a reference for how impressive that is, note that a 2015 Cadillac CTS sedan (which is built from steel) weighs between 3,616 and 3,952 pounds, depending on powertrain -- and the CTS is 8.5 inches shorter and 1.8 inches narrower than the CT6. Building a car out of aluminum is expensive, in terms of materials, engineering, and manufacturing, but doing so shows Cadillac's dedication to making the CT6 competitive within its segment.

2. It's a "just-right" size
Most luxury sedans in this segment offer both regular and long-wheelbase models, but the 2016 Cadillac CT6 is sized as an in-betweener that handily serves both purposes. With 40.4 inches of rear legroom, for instance, its back-seat space splits the difference between the Audi A8 and A8L (38.7 and 42.9 inches) and the BMW 7 Series and 7 Series L (38.9 and 44.3 inches). We also found that, compared to the CTS, the back seats feel less claustrophobic because occupants don't sit as low in relation to the windowsills.

3. There's a new infotainment interface
The infotainment screen in the 2016 Cadillac CT6 is a large, widescreen design that shows far more information than other Cadillac systems, and it's operated with a new touchpad on the center console. With haptic feedback and "clicks" as the cursor jumps to each icon, the system reminds us of similar designs in Lexus vehicles. The benefit is that drivers need not reach far forward to touch the screen and can instead rest their hands on the center console. The center stack also has far fewer physical climate controls than the CTS, contributing to the clean, elegant look of the wraparound interior.

4. Unique technologies
The 2016 Cadillac CT6 also sets itself apart as a flagship model with high-end technologies not offered on the rest of the brand's models. The rearview mirror is also a screen that can show a wider-angle view from a camera mounted in the trunklid, a 360-degree camera system can record the vehicle's surroundings if the security system is activated, the 34-speaker Bose sound system is exclusive to the CT6, and 10-inch infotainment screens slide out of the front-seat headrests for passengers in the back. Luxury flagships tend to be showcases for a company's best and newest tech, and the CT6 is no exception.

5. Did we mention that back seat?
Anyone can build a car with a roomy back seat, but to really play in the space inhabited by the A8, 7 Series, and S-Class, a luxury sedan needs even more luxury. The 2016 Cadillac CT6 joins the fray with optional rear seats that are power-reclining, massaging, and heated and cooled. If luxury means making passengers as comfortable and relaxed as possible, the CT6 lives up to its billing.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #51
King T

Cadillac CT6: Top luxury on six cylinders
Quote:
NEW YORK -- Cadillac unveiled its new top luxury sedan ahead of its public display at the New York auto show. This all-new CT6 model features the luxury for which Cadillac is known, and a high-tech approach to driving that will put it ahead of the competition.

Notably, Cadillac will offer the CT6 with three engines, with not a V-8 among them, defying the usual logic of the big luxury sedan segment. Instead, the CT6's top engine will be a 3-liter V-6 using twin turbochargers to produce a massive 400 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque.

Lesser engine options are a 3.6-liter V-6 making 335 horsepower and a surprisingly small turbocharged 2-liter four-cylinder engine, good for 265 horsepower. This latter engine option looks designed for International markets where economy is more important than power.

Built on a rear-wheel-drive platform, Cadillac will offer the car with an all-wheel-drive option, and notes that its infinitely variable clutch continuously varies power to the front wheels, likely aiming for efficiency and best traction. Remarkably, the CT6 model will also come with all-wheel steering, so that the rear wheels angle in response to steering input, reducing the overall turning circle of the car. Acura offers a similar system in its RLX luxury sedan.

Using aluminum body panels and structural members, the CT6 weighs as much as the smaller CTS model, according to Cadillac. That light weight paired with efficient engine options and an eight-speed automatic transmission should translate to good fuel economy in its segment.

In the cabin, an updated Cadillac User Experience (CUE) interface for audio, navigation and phone systems appears on a large 10.2-inch LCD. Cadillac notes the resolution as 1,280x720 HD. Content on the screen is controlled using a touchpad on the console, which Cadillac says can accommodate letter tracing for alphanumeric inputs, similar to systems offered by BMW and Audi. As with all new GM vehicles, the CT6 will benefit from the latest generation of OnStar, which enables a 4G Wi-Fi hotspot in the car.

A new audio system from Bose called Panaray brings a remarkable 34 speakers into the CT6's cabin. Rather than a traditional subwoofer, woofer and tweeter format, this new system uses many small speakers placed around the cabin.

Cadillac will be taking steps towards autonomous driving with the CT6, including features such as adaptive cruise control and lane-keeping assist, and possibly debuting its Super Cruise technology, which can allow hands-free driving in stop-and-go traffic. At launch, the CT6 will offer automated parking, going a step further than current systems by letting the car apply its own brakes. Cadillac's new Rear Camera Mirror will see its debut on the CT6, displaying a camera view on the cabin rearview mirror, allowing for greater rearward visibility. The CT6 will also offer a surround view camera system.

Cadillac has not had a competitor in the large sedan luxury market for a few years, instead watching Mercedes-Benz and Lexus dominate, and new models from the likes of Kia and Hyundai crop up. The 2016 CT6 finally gives Cadillac a player in a segment its reputation suggests it should have been holding onto all along.

This new model relies heavily on technology to put Cadillac back in the game, but the company is taking a risk by not offering a V-8. Although its twin-turbo V-6 will be more than powerful enough, Cadillac seems willing to bet on a new generation of luxury buyers that will be more concerned with output and efficiency than counting cylinders. And if all Cadillac's efforts towards improving the handling and comfort of the CT6 pan out, it may earn the company its long-desired mantle of a luxury performance-car maker.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #52
King T

Old 04-03-2015, 09:14 AM   #53
King T

Old 04-03-2015, 09:16 AM   #54
King T

Old 04-03-2015, 09:19 AM   #55
King T

2016 Cadillac CT6: What It Is, And What It Is Not
Quote:
The New York Auto Show usually brings in a bunch of Wall Street types to scrutinize cars and provide analysis on the different auto companies that are on display. But year-in and year-out, we get the impression that there is a sense of detachment there, and that their impressions — while influential — are often misplaced. And that could mean that they are quick to assume that the 2016 Cadillac CT6 is going to tackle the Mercedes-Benz S-Class right out of the gate. Or they may get it twisted in the other direction and think it’s meant to tackle the BMW 5 Series and the like. We’re here to help alleviate that confusion.

What The 2016 Cadillac CT6 Is

1. A Highly Dynamic Full-Size Sedan
The 2016 Cadillac CT6 is nearly the same length as a BMW 740Li, while weighing around an estimated half-ton less than the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, let alone the much smaller CTS. Meanwhile, its available four-wheel steering Active Chassis System allows for a turning radius of 37 feet, making it significantly more maneuverable than any of its full-sized rivals at low speeds, while the system allows for more stable motions at high speeds. Couple that with the impressive 3.0L twin-turbo V6 engine with 400 horsepower, and we’re sure to have an impressive power-to-weight ratio when the full spec sheet is published.

2. A Showcase Of GM’s Latest Engineering Techniques
The Omega platform underpinnings of the CT6 is a modern marvel combing the latest use of aluminum alloy and high-strength steel. And GM owns a lot of intellectual property that makes it possible. Aluminum spot welding, for instance, bonds pieces of aluminum together in ways that nobody else can do, while the steel is incorporated in areas where strength and sound insulation are needed the most. And just because it’s lighter than the lightest vehicles in the segment under it doesn’t mean that the CT6 is competing with them. It’s just showing what sort of weight savings has been achieved with no compromises, perhaps other than cost.

3. A Highly Promising Springboard Vehicle
With no V8 option or a long-wheelbase variant at launch, it’s hard to see the 2016 Cadillac CT6 reaching beyond $100,000. But give it time. Let the cadence happen, let the Omega platform mature and let Cadillac continue its climb up the luxury ladder. Because if this is the entry-level Omega Cadillac, there’s going to be a lot for the Germans to worry about in the not-too-distant future.

What The 2016 Cadillac CT6 Is Not

1. A Flagship
Don’t let anybody tell you otherwise. If they do, they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Again, without any high-end powertrains or a stretched out version, the CT6 is pretty limited as to what it can compete with for now, whether we like it or not. But it would be foolish to think that such variants aren’t coming, as Cadillac hasn’t been bashful in mentioning that it will soon reveal more exclusive engines, including V8s. What’s more, since Cadillac has stopped short of officially labeling the CT6 as a “flagship,” you can bet that the flagship program is still in the pipeline.

2. An S-Class Fighter
Yes, the Cadillac CT6 much lighter than the Mercedes-Benz S-Class and yes it has superior V6 engine offerings to the S-Class. But in the US market, where only the long wheelbase S-Class is offered, the German luxury sedan starts at $92,000, and will go all the way up to over $230,000 with the V12-powered S65 AMG. It’s unlikely the Cadillac CT6 will have a similar starting MSRP, despite its engineering breakthroughs. But a short-wheelbase BMW 7 Series, which starts at $72,000, may be a more realistic entry point for the CT6, give or take.

3. The Car That Will “Save Cadillac”
Ultimately, no single car will save Cadillac. Ultimately, Cadillac sticking to its $12 billion long-term plan of elevating its perception among buyers and expanding its product portfolio with home-run products will save Cadillac. Though if we must say, the CT6 seems like a helluva start.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:20 AM   #56
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
The interior looks better in these pics . And the car kinda reminds me of a Maybach . Thanx for the pics!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote