Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #813
FockerNJ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
I always wondered how so many people seemed to be having problems with the PAC kit. I have had the PAC kit with Pioneer AVH-4100NEX and it has worked flawlessly for about a year and a half, until now...lol.

I just noticed the Camaro logo stays on were the temp display normally is. It's even staying on with the car off. All temp controls and heated seat controls don't work either. Only the hazards and door locks. I read this whole thread at one point and don't remember seeing this problem. Anybody have anything like this happen?
FockerNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #814
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FockerNJ View Post
I always wondered how so many people seemed to be having problems with the PAC kit. I have had the PAC kit with Pioneer AVH-4100NEX and it has worked flawlessly for about a year and a half, until now...lol.

I just noticed the Camaro logo stays on were the temp display normally is. It's even staying on with the car off. All temp controls and heated seat controls don't work either. Only the hazards and door locks. I read this whole thread at one point and don't remember seeing this problem. Anybody have anything like this happen?

Well that sucks considering I’m about a week into the install I don’t drive my car very often but definitely not looking forward to hearing something like that
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #815
FockerNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Well that sucks considering I’m about a week into the install I don’t drive my car very often but definitely not looking forward to hearing something like that
I called PAC and the guy said to install a bunch of firmware updates, but that didn't really sound right to me since it worked fine for so long without it. I unhooked the car battery cable and put it back and it everything seems fine now.

Update...I sat in the car for while listening to music and messed around with it for a while. It's back to normal.

Last edited by FockerNJ; 11-07-2018 at 03:32 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-07-2018, 04:04 PM   #816
beak81champ
ILSQ

Drives: '13 2SS/RS
Mine lost all the lighting on the HVAC controls, and temp window, but the stereo still worked. I took off the negative battery cable for about 15 mins to “reset it.” Did the trick.

I have had an ongoing small issue though. My head unit (Kenwood DDX9903S) will pause for 5-10 seconds about 5 minutes after the unit comes on. After this few seconds, it picks up where the song left off, and doesn’t happen again until the next time the car is shut off and started up again. I’m not sure if it’s a car issue, head unit issue, or PAC kit issue...

Anyone else experience this?
Old 11-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #817
45thCamaro

New Aftermarket head unit kit option

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
Mine lost all the lighting on the HVAC controls, and temp window, but the stereo still worked. I took off the negative battery cable for about 15 mins to “reset it.” Did the trick.

I have had an ongoing small issue though. My head unit (Kenwood DDX9903S) will pause for 5-10 seconds about 5 minutes after the unit comes on. After this few seconds, it picks up where the song left off, and doesn’t happen again until the next time the car is shut off and started up again. Anyone else experience this?

That last part sounds like an issue with your radio I can’t imagine the kit having to do with that

Edit: does your radio show the time stop or does a pause button come on? I was wondering if maybe it has to do with the call button or OnStar.

Last edited by 45thCamaro; 11-07-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:37 PM   #818
beak81champ
ILSQ

Quote:
That last part sounds like an issue with your radio I can’t imagine the kit having to do with that

Edit: does your radio show the time stop or does a pause button come on? I was wondering if maybe it has to do with the call button or OnStar.
Nope, there is nothing distinguishing from before it pauses to when it resumes. It does it on cd’s and USB sticks. I never listen to the radio, so I’m not sure if it happens then. I’ll have to try all the sources and see if it’s consistent throughout, or maybe just a software glitch in the HU. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!
Old 11-08-2018, 07:02 AM   #819
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCartridgeGamer View Post
Found this head unit replacement kit today and like how it retains some of the stock look. I dislike the Scosche and Metra kit. I am not a mylink fan either.

http://shopddmods-com.3dcartstores.c...aro_p_433.html

Anyone seen this one before? Any experience with it?
Quick stereo amp question for those that know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My wife has a 2014 chevy SS camaro. She heard a loud pop when the stereo was on yesterday and now there is no sound coming out of the speakers. Head unit still works and volume controls still work but there is no sound. Is there a fuse for the amp thats mounted in the trunk? Does this sound like the amp went bad to anyone? Cant think of any other reason there would be no sound coming out of speakers when head unit is on and everything else is working. Thanks in advance for any help.
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:52 PM   #820
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd853 View Post
Quick stereo amp question for those that know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My wife has a 2014 chevy SS camaro. She heard a loud pop when the stereo was on yesterday and now there is no sound coming out of the speakers. Head unit still works and volume controls still work but there is no sound. Is there a fuse for the amp thats mounted in the trunk? Does this sound like the amp went bad to anyone? Cant think of any other reason there would be no sound coming out of speakers when head unit is on and everything else is working. Thanks in advance for any help.

Could be a fuse. I’m unsure if there is a fuse in the stock amp. I wonder what the chances are that the amp went.

Your talking about factory or aftermarket?
Old 11-08-2018, 06:53 PM   #821
45thCamaro

Just wanted to update that I took my car out tonight, and I don’t know how, but I now have Noise for the blinkers. Where it’s coming from? I don’t know...
Old 11-08-2018, 11:30 PM   #822
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Could be a fuse. I’m unsure if there is a fuse in the stock amp. I wonder what the chances are that the amp went.

Your talking about factory or aftermarket?
Yes, its the factory amp. Thanks for the reply I have seen pictures of the stock amp and it doesnt appear to have a fuse on it but am going to remove it this weekend and check all connections. Its my wifes car as I said earlier, I will put a volt meter on the power wire and see if i have power and if I do I will remove the one out of my 2010 camaro and see if that fixes the problem. Was just curious rather there was a fuse to check before I removed the amp for the response is all. Thanks again
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:59 PM   #823
FirstCamaro23

Drives: 2010 1977 1LT Camaro
I installed the Pioneer AVH-4200NEX and the PAC RPK5-GM4101 about 8 months ago.

For the most part everything has been working fine. The only problem has been the lack of radio reception. I have significantly less reception than i did with the factory radio. I get half the FM stations i used to and no AM stations. I installed the amplified antenna that came with the PAC kit.

Has anyone had this issue or have any suggestions?

Order Placed - 2/27/10
1100 = Preliminary Order Accepted - 2/27/10
2000 = Accepted By GM - 5/5 FINALLY!!!!
2500 = Order Preferenced - 5/5
3300 = Order scheduled for production - 5/11 TPW = 5/17
3400 = Order Broadcast - 5/15
3800 = Order Produced - 5/21
4000 = Bayed for Shipment - 5/26
4200 = Shipped - 6/1
5000 = Delievered to Dealer 6/8
6000 = Picked Up by Customer 6/8 101 DAYS!!!
FirstCamaro23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:34 PM   #824
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamaro23 View Post

For the most part everything has been working fine. The only problem has been the lack of radio reception. I have significantly less reception than i did with the factory radio. I get half the FM stations i used to and no AM stations. I installed the amplified antenna that came with the PAC kit.

I noticed the reception when I was installing and I thought it was because it was in my garage. I didn’t try the radio when I drove it last.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #825
beak81champ
ILSQ

Quote:

I have a multi- channel radio station that I can see the towers from my house (about 5 miles away), and I can’t pick up any stations clearly...
Old 11-11-2018, 12:25 AM   #826
FockerNJ

Quote:

I have the AVH-4100NEX and have terrible reception too. I rarely listen to the radio, but it still annoys me that it doesn't work well.