Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-08-2023, 11:16 AM   #1
Annihilate

Drives: 2024 2SS Camaro, 1988 IROC Z
Send a message via Skype™ to Annihilate
Can I get a consesnus on liftpads/jackpads/pucks?

Hey guys,

Making my first purchase for the car today, and am trying to figure out the best way to get this car off the ground. Looking for a clear cut, workable answer here.

I'm looking at these https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ads-58789.html for the jack stands.

I currently have these: https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ray-70594.html could these work?

Now I am wondering how to get the car up in the air and actually "jack it".

I have a low clearance floor jack from harbor freight that looks like this one: https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ack-64781.html

Not exactly, but close enough. I've got the side skirts/GFX on the side, and noticed this has the "Cupped" jack.

Moving forward I was looking at the ever popular ZL1 Addons items, specifically this: https://zl1addons.com/collections/ca...-3-jack-magpad

Which is referred to as a "Jack Magpad" and this https://zl1addons.com/collections/ca...alth-lift-pads

Referred to as "Stealth Lift Pads" the regular lift pads are out of stock everywhere. At this time I cannot afford a quickjack

Now if I want to lift the car, if im understanding correctly, you do one side at a time, a jack stand at the front and rear. If I were to buy one set of 4, which one would I need?

Do I get the jack pads that look like they would fit in the cup of the jack? Or the lift pads? Would I get both?

Is there a working cheap solution for a jack pad, and the use the "lift pads" to place the jacks under? Will the flat jack stands be secure enough to hold the smaller area of the stealth pad? Will the GFX be in the way?

I apologize for the long winded question here, but I want to be extremely careful with this as I have never lifted a car one side at a time before.

In short, what should I buy, and what is the proper procedure? Do I need the Jack and Lift pads?

Thanks for any help, just looking for a clear cut answer as to where to place my money.

Last edited by Annihilate; 11-08-2023 at 11:27 AM.
Annihilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 11:39 AM   #2
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617443

This is a good one to look at
CalgaryZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 12:03 PM   #3
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
Good start there. From post #39 on, sounds like a reasonable approach.
I have the same HF jack you are considering. I also have one set of the ZL1 gizmo plus plastic puck.

Sounds like you lift the car from the center pinch weld area on both sides. Place jackstands under both front pinch welds. Raise rear using steel cross beam. Then support with jackstands under rear pinch welds.

personally, I don't like the idea of the car just "floating" on jackstands. I also stack a pile of 2x10's under each tire as a backup.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 12:19 PM   #4
RideWithDanger

Drives: 23 2SS 1LE
Just a heads up, if you plan on ever getting a Quick Jack in the future (or similar solution) just wait until you can get the full size lift pads. (There are off brand options that work just as well too) The stealth versions don't give enough clearance.

Radiant Red 23' 2SS 1LE
1100: 11/14/22 | BUILT: 3/16/23
2000: 2/17/23 | 4200: 5/8/23
3000: 2/27/23 | 5000/6000: 5/15/23

Black on black 2019 3LT RS Camaro.
1100: 3/7/19 | 4200: 4/15/19
3100: 3/15/19 | 4800: 4/23/19
3400: 3/22/19 | 5000: 4/25/19
Built: 4/8/19 | Home: 4/26/19
RideWithDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 06:02 PM   #5
Annihilate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithDanger View Post
Just a heads up, if you plan on ever getting a Quick Jack in the future (or similar solution) just wait until you can get the full size lift pads. (There are off brand options that work just as well too) The stealth versions don't give enough clearance.
Can I use the lift pads with jack stands? And if so do I need the flat top stands or will my arches ones work?

Old 11-08-2023, 09:10 PM   #6
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilate View Post
Can I use the lift pads with jack stands? And if so do I need the flat top stands or will my arches ones work?
I would not use standard jack stands with the lift pads.

I got the standard ZL1 Addons lift pads, one of their mag pads (without puck, I got a hockey puck off of Amazon), and a set of the excellent flat-top Esco jack stands. I installed the lift pads in the open spaces nearest to the wheels. When I want to jack up the car, I put the mag pad in the second opening behind the front wheel. This will jack up both side wheels at the same time. This allows me to place the flat-top jack stands under under one or both of the lift pads, depending on what I am doing.
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 09:21 PM   #7
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Lethal does a very nice job in answering the questions that you have in this video.

https://youtu.be/NX_Qf9wSwos?si=jMqU9IW7caMqhmrh

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 09:31 PM   #8
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilate View Post
Hey guys,

Making my first purchase for the car today, and am trying to figure out the best way to get this car off the ground. Looking for a clear cut, workable answer here.

I'm looking at these https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ads-58789.html for the jack stands.

I currently have these: https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ray-70594.html could these work?

Now I am wondering how to get the car up in the air and actually "jack it".

I have a low clearance floor jack from harbor freight that looks like this one: https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ack-64781.html

Not exactly, but close enough. I've got the side skirts/GFX on the side, and noticed this has the "Cupped" jack.

Moving forward I was looking at the ever popular ZL1 Addons items, specifically this: https://zl1addons.com/collections/ca...-3-jack-magpad

Which is referred to as a "Jack Magpad" and this https://zl1addons.com/collections/ca...alth-lift-pads

Referred to as "Stealth Lift Pads" the regular lift pads are out of stock everywhere. At this time I cannot afford a quickjack

Now if I want to lift the car, if im understanding correctly, you do one side at a time, a jack stand at the front and rear. If I were to buy one set of 4, which one would I need?

Do I get the jack pads that look like they would fit in the cup of the jack? Or the lift pads? Would I get both?

Is there a working cheap solution for a jack pad, and the use the "lift pads" to place the jacks under? Will the flat jack stands be secure enough to hold the smaller area of the stealth pad? Will the GFX be in the way?

I apologize for the long winded question here, but I want to be extremely careful with this as I have never lifted a car one side at a time before.

In short, what should I buy, and what is the proper procedure? Do I need the Jack and Lift pads?

Thanks for any help, just looking for a clear cut answer as to where to place my money.
I know you aren't going to want to hear (see) it, but this is the only way I really feel comfortable lifting my Camaro...

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 12:01 AM   #9
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I know you aren't going to want to hear (see) it, but this is the only way I really feel comfortable lifting my Camaro...

Couldn't agree more with this poster. I have the QJ 5000 TL and 99% of lifting is done with it.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 06:32 AM   #10
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Yes to everything, because having extra is good..lol.

I have installed the ZL1 Lift pads, but I also have a jack Magpad from Amazon (definitely want it magnetized to stick to the car while you move your jack around) and a puck for multipurpose times, like for jack or jackstand.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 07:16 AM   #11
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
I use the Quick Jack 5000 Xtended version at home. No jack pads or anything. Just the tall rubber blocks that come with the quick jack. They fit in the spots needed to lift the car and its very secure. Trying to use jack pads with the quick jack is useless and just makes it more of a PITA and its a lot less "planted" on the quick jack.

So my advice is if you can for out the $$$, skip all of that mess and get the Extended (I think its XLT) version of the Quick Jack 5000 series.

If you still want jack pads, I have a set of 4 of the magnetic ones that I bought thinking I would need them with the QJ. Nope, turns out they are a pile of wasted money. I'll prob pop them up for sale soon if I stop forgetting about them.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 09:31 AM   #12
Annihilate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
I use the Quick Jack 5000 Xtended version at home. No jack pads or anything. Just the tall rubber blocks that come with the quick jack. They fit in the spots needed to lift the car and its very secure. Trying to use jack pads with the quick jack is useless and just makes it more of a PITA and its a lot less "planted" on the quick jack.

So my advice is if you can for out the $$$, skip all of that mess and get the Extended (I think its XLT) version of the Quick Jack 5000 series.

If you still want jack pads, I have a set of 4 of the magnetic ones that I bought thinking I would need them with the QJ. Nope, turns out they are a pile of wasted money. I'll prob pop them up for sale soon if I stop forgetting about them.
Yeah, next big purchase is gonna be paint correction and ppf, so the quickjacks are way down the line, probably another year as im planning on doing the ppf in the spring.

Old 11-09-2023, 11:01 AM   #13
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
I use slotted rubber blocks - like heavy duty hockey pucks.

Started off with one for floor jack, since upgraded to set of four when using the lift.
Attached Images

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 11:03 AM   #14
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I made some pinch weld adaptors to fit over the rubber blocks that come with the quickjack. It gave me more confidence when lifting the car.
Attached Images

CalgaryZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote