Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
oppnyc
WhAT Now

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Filed a complaint with the b.b.b

As some of you may know i recently posted a thread about not receiving my title, licensing and registration 2 months after purchasing my new 2010 camaro cash. So i called the dmv here in so cal and they told me they only received the fees and no other paperwork from the dealership so nothing can be processed at this time. Im pissed now, so i called the dealership and they tell me the paperwork was sent to the dmv, theyre just backed up due to the economy and furlo, blah, blah, blah. On Aug. 3, 2010 i filed a complaint with bbb and on Aug 5, i called the dmv to check the status, and miraculously my paperwork was being processed and should be completed in three days. So i guess the complaint help things move alittle faster but the dmv explained to me that the dealership sent the paperwork with their address as the return address so my title, licensing and registration will go to the dealership. The dmv agent said that this was strange and i told her i know the reason why this occured. So i then contacted that the dealership and ask them why is your address where MY ADDRESS IS SUPPOSE TO BE, and they had no answer but "we will mail it to you wants it gets here". Moral of the story is choose the dealerships you do business with wisely.
oppnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm glad to see this getting resolved so quickly. Make sure that your Carfax lists you as the first owner. Otherwise, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the difference of value. In other words, you can sue if you are not the first owner.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
LuisTorres10

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS
That happen to me too. They never sent the license plate I was without one for 6 months
LuisTorres10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
wow
Old 08-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Happened to me also...except the dealership messed up on the paperwork and had to drive it to DMV two days before my temp registration expired...

Glad you got it worked out.............
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
DIGthat2SS
I can dig that..

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
id be crackin skulls
DIGthat2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
In florida, in my experience, they always mail the title and registration back to the dealer so that the dealer casn refund you the money they overcharged for the title and license fees. They don't know the overcharge until they get the paperwork back from the DVM. The dealer then sends the paperwork to you along with the refund check. Why they always overcharge for title and registration fees is beyond me. It makes their life easier I guess.
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
Which dealer was that?
Duper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #9
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Yes, which dealership?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #10
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Geez. Mine took about 3 weeks. Glad you got it resolved fairly quickly - unfortunately only after notifying the BBB. Make sure the doumentation was completed properly as well. The dealership may be listed as the owner and not you.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #11
jordan 572

Drives: none
talk about flippin out.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:29 AM   #12
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
In florida, in my experience, they always mail the title and registration back to the dealer so that the dealer casn refund you the money they overcharged for the title and license fees. They don't know the overcharge until they get the paperwork back from the DVM. The dealer then sends the paperwork to you along with the refund check. Why they always overcharge for title and registration fees is beyond me. It makes their life easier I guess.
Better safe than sorry? Nothing like having to make one, or a hundred phone calls to say, "Excuse me Mr. SoandSo... we need you to come in and give us a check for $100 that we underestimated the cost your title fees". Good luck with that.

I'm going on a month now and haven't been told to come in for any paperwork. Not sure how it works here in Colorado to be honest. Can't recall ever going in for anything on my used Jeep either. So not sure how it's all handled. I'd love a kickback check though. I've also been trying to refer people to my dealer in hopes of getting a little bit from them on that too! *Shameless plug* If anyone is buying in Colorado, shoot me a PM.

But OP... glad you got that taken care of. Sometimes it takes complaining to move the process along... though I think too many bog down the system with frivolous complaints.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:31 AM   #13
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
In new york it took 6 weeks to get mine and the DMV had everything
Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #14
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
You could always call GM. I did when the dealer failed to pay off my Solstice I traded in on the Camaro. Next day I got 3 calls stating they had just sent it in. GM called me back with the check number and date sent, the day AFTER I called GM. They were failing to pay off balances owed on the used cars, and getting interest free flooring, on the customers' backs.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote