The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Thumbs down Camaro Posts Complaint....

Please read, I would like your opinion on the matter.

I usually do not have problems with people in general..
especially 5th Gen owners, as you know I all consider you my friends and family.
Recently there has been some "family" problems with ongoing disputes and controversy.

Some have complained and continued to do so about posting Camaro information in the forum.

The complaint originated because of reposts... I under stand no one likes reposting and it may be annoying? However I did have my reasons and in my defense...
Not all of the posts are the same..Yes I do usually post the same material on different pages. This allows me to out reach to a wider audience. Not all enthusiasts visit the same page.
I will agree that some have been repeated.. but as I stated I do have my reasons.

I reposted some videos for instance... such as the ride in the convertible because a majority of people may not have seen the original post. If it is something I feel is important or worthy to share with the community.. I may repost it. I understand that some of you may not this. For some one who missed the original post and gets to see if for the first time.. It may be great to them?
I think everyone should have the chance to see things like the Convertible sneak peek and hear Mr. Welburn's words.

The second complaint is that since I am friends on facebook with pretty much any and every Camaro/Chevy site when I share info on pages... peoples news feed gets cluttered.

I am sorry. Personally I dont see it as my wrong doing, that is not my intent... Like I also previously stated different enthusiasts visit different sites. Why is it fair for only half of them to get to enjoy something such as a sneak peek ride in the 2011 convertible?

Some people have told me I do not need to post on Chevy pages... as one person put it....

"Chris, I've been a GM enthusiast my whole life...and something I've had to learn over the years is that I don't work for them. I don't work for their PR team or their social media team. Sometimes I have to remind myself that whenever I start running intense damage control for the company when people disagree with a decision GM made.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that GM's social media teams will take care of things like this...trust me. I was on a focus group for Chevrolet in September and use of Facebook was a big part of what we discussed. It's not necessary to post it to GM's Facebook wall or the Camaro's official Facebook or Chevrolet's. The fan pages for the individual forums may be a different story, but even then there is a large amount of crossover between the forums. "

I disagree. I would imagine That GM would disagree with him as well... being is a "focus group" im surprised he would say something such as that. Yes, GM will make their own posts on their pages... I understand this. Why wouldnt they want people to talk about it? I would imagine they would want people to share it...There is no way that GM would be able to outreach to everyone in their target audience. If people share information, spread the word...a wider audience can be addressed. Its called networking.

If something as insignificant as a news feed is going to cause problems, im not sure what to say to that... Remove the news feed? Dont read the post? or although.. i would hate to lose Camaro friends.. remove me from your friends list.
I will be taking the courtesy of removing some of you myself.

I understand I do not work for GM. I would love to and maybe someday I can.
Until then.. I really only have one that thing to say.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I respect that.. however it doesnt mean I am going to change how I feel or think. I like sharing all the info I can with my brothers and sisters. They deserve to enjoy it just as much as the next person.

Thanks for listening, love you guys!

Christopher James Tribuzzo

It does involve C5 as well... although it may be indirectly.
Its not only on the C5 Facebook which i feel makes it relevant but... the same principle applies regarding the sharing of info on different media sites...

For instance I posted this on more than one forum... not everyone reads the same forum but I feel it would be appropriate to share it with everyone. But this is exactly what people complain about.

Also... This did not start after Detroit... I posted the same things well before!!! that is in fact hoe i ended up getting such opportunities that I have had.

Im not sorry for sharing.

Last edited by 5th_GEN_SS; 02-08-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Chris,

I think you do a great service to c5 community, keep up the good work

You can't make everyone happy.....
Old 02-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
Chris,

I think you do a great service to c5 community, keep up the good work

You can't make everyone happy.....
Thank you :-)

If only that were possible...
Old 02-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
I have no issue with you nor have I noticed any redundancy in your posts, but I think that if you want to continue to "spread the word" on a particular topic, it is best to post in the same thread dealing with that topic.

Having many threads discussing the same topic over and over is an issue with this forum IMO and that mentality only contributes to this problem. If you want someone to see a topic or video in a thread that is a page or two back, bump that thread, don't create an entirely different thread to post the same thing. It's really basic forum etiquette and procedure.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #5
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Ok dude... I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt but now you're freaking me out. Seriously.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
seriously?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I have no issue with you nor have I noticed any redundancy in your posts, but I think that if you want to continue to "spread the word" on a particular topic, it is best to post in the same thread dealing with that topic.

Having many threads discussing the same topic over and over is an issue with this forum IMO and that mentality only contributes to this problem. If you want someone to see a topic or video in a thread that is a page or two back, bump that thread, don't create an entirely different thread to post the same thing. It's really basic forum etiquette and procedure.

He's talking about on facebook, not here. Now he's spilling it over to C5. Yes, I complained. My wall is CHALK FULL of Camaro Chris. Sorry, yes I love my car BUT I have a life beyond camaro.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #8
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Ok dude... I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt but now you're freaking me out. Seriously.
This.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
who is this guy? lol
Old 02-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #10
RAYSRT8

Drives: 2011 Challenger SRT8 6.4L 392 Hemi
I say if something gets reposted and you know it's a repost then don't open it and move on. A repost is not hurting anyone. Like h20play stated above "You can't make everyone happy".

Camaro parts for sale: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152474
Old 02-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #11
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
He's talking about on facebook, not here. Now he's spilling it over to C5. Yes, I complained. My wall is CHALK FULL of Camaro Chris. Sorry, yes I love my car BUT I have a life beyond camaro.
Oh, ok... I'll stay out of it then and just add this to the list of why I don't have a legit FB account.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #12
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
If Camaro, Chevy, and GM are your passion then so be it. Just because you don't work for them doesn't mean you can't expression your love and passion for them. Most of us are football enthusiast and have a great love for our football teams and even included ourselves with the team when talking about the (ie "we") and none of us own a share in it but so what it's our love and our passion.

As far as posting the same thing in different forums I've done that once. I had a very important question about Onstar and posted it in the appropriate forum (can't remember which one is was) but got no responses. I then posted in this forum and got several. Not everybody reads the same threads and some forums/threads get more views than others so sometimes you have to move them around.

Don't let anybody still your joy especially that of the Camaro. Do what you do and if they are that annoyed then a forum is not what they need to be on because so many people repost the same stuff mainly because the "search" feature sucks.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #13
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2SS View Post
I say if something gets reposted and you know it's a repost then don't open it and move on. A repost is not hurting anyone. Like h20play stated above "You can't make everyone happy".
Ray... This has ZERO to do with Camaro5. If you aren't on facebook, you wouldn't understand. He got butt hurt on facebook bc several of us complained about him filling our walls with the same stuff day in and out. Now I know I can just hide or unfriend him but call me nutty, I like him as a friend and up until he went to Detroit, he was a cool dude... Now... I'm worried about him!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #14
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
You sound like a true enthusiast who cares. The easiest solution is to not log onto any internet enthusiast forums for a few months.
Whatever problems you are having will go away almost instantly. I speak from experience.
The real world is way more satisfying than the "blog" world. Hope you find peace and happiness.
Closed Thread