Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 PM   #351
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by chev454 View Post
It would be a lot nicer if they put the badging in the right spots . When someone says 'SS Camaro' Im looking in the middle of the grill and on the fenders. Come on chevy quit !ucking up .
its fine where it is...no need to talk to them like that...everybody is going to have a slight different opinion on the car...and somes peoples tastes are a bit out there judging by some of the photo-shops

they are doing a fine job making this appeal to as many people as possible
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #352
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by chev454 View Post
One more thing quick putting SS on everything Trailblazer, Cobalt,MAXSS C'omchevy get it right
Hey now, the Trailblazer deserved that badge (Corvette smallblock... LS2 I think), and so did the Cobalt (Nurburgring record holder). Both of which could haul MAJOR @$$. The MAXX, I could understand where ur coming from on that. That had to be a joke.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:07 AM   #353
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
The car looks.............GREAT!!! is this offically,hands down, the 2009 chevy camaro ss with no ther things to be done to it?
TonytheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:15 AM   #354
454lsxss

Drives: 07 Scion tC. for now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
Hey now, the Trailblazer deserved that badge (Corvette smallblock... LS2 I think), and so did the Cobalt (Nurburgring record holder). Both of which could haul MAJOR @$$. The MAXX, I could understand where ur coming from on that. That had to be a joke.
But how could you forget the beastly HHR SS???!

Just kidding
454lsxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:23 AM   #355
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprDispatchQuestionVisor View Post
That doesn't seem very 'read between the line-y'. More like 'read what you just wrote-y'.
"Respect my Authoritah!"

It's irrelevant, of course, until final production models are introduced.

Good 'Nuff? Then we can prove who is wrong, and who is right?

Let's make a wager. That will be fun.

Last edited by 2KZ28_For_Now; 07-03-2008 at 04:10 AM.
2KZ28_For_Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #356
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor

Drives: 04 stang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
This is true. The impala SS used to be a force to be reconed with and the same for the camaro SS but they just don't make em' like that anymore. They turned SS from super sport to super stupid.
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #357
EngineerW

Drives: 2001 lexus IS 300
So it looks like the SS will come out first. Not too many people talking about the Z28 yet. Does anyone know if there will be a Z28? My understanding was always that the SS was the top of the line camaro and the Z28 option was more for the track than it was a muscle car. Will this still be the case? I heard the SS will have the same engine as the Corvette and the Z28 will have a detuned version of the ZR-1. I used to own a 70 Chevelle SS and long for a descent muscle car. So whenever the Z28 comes back, Im all over one. Thanks for your info in advance,

EW
EngineerW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #358
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerW View Post
So it looks like the SS will come out first. Not too many people talking about the Z28 yet. Does anyone know if there will be a Z28? My understanding was always that the SS was the top of the line camaro and the Z28 option was more for the track than it was a muscle car. Will this still be the case? I heard the SS will have the same engine as the Corvette and the Z28 will have a detuned version of the ZR-1. I used to own a 70 Chevelle SS and long for a descent muscle car. So whenever the Z28 comes back, Im all over one. Thanks for your info in advance,

EW
Welcome to the site!

So far, Looks like SS will be the mid level trim. SS may have an LS3. There will be a Z/28 but we don't know the slightest in specs or release. Signs are pointing to the Z/28 being top Dog. Top Dog will be SC V8 with 500 hp, and that car will make you want to crap yourself if you get it anywhere it's top speed. Being in the very presence of it will make you cry tears of happiness.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #359
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

EW
Well, lots of people talk about the Z28 as being whats known as the 'top dog', and that is likely that the Z28 will be the 500+ hp supercharged Camaro but nothing is for sure until GM says something. One thing to clear up though, that supercharged engine won't quite be a detuned LS9 out of the ZR-1. It will be much more closely related to the LSA from the CTS-V. And we don't know what the base V8 will be, yet. I'd say its a 60% chance that its a detuned LS3 from the Corvette, 20% chance that its an uptuned L76, and a 20% chance that its something else.

Oh, welcome to the site!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #360
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor

Drives: 04 stang GT
Quote:

EW
Although the belief on this site is that the z/28 will be the top model, we don't know for sure and this would go against previous camaro marketing strategy, although we are expected to see the SS as the 1st V-8 as you can see from the pictures in this post. They are planning on an LS9 or LS7 based z/28 or whatever they will call the 'poppa bear' of all camaro's. LS9 is a S/C LS3 and the LS7 is the 7 liter from the new z06. One reason for thinking the z28 as the top model is to follow a marketing scheme similar to the vette. Nissan does this with R models, Mercedes with AMG, BMW with M, and so on and so forth.

Welcome to the site
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #361
Mungo

Drives: trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprDispatchQuestionVisor View Post
Although the belief on this site is that the z/28 will be the top model, we don't know for sure and this would go against previous camaro marketing strategy, although we are expected to see the SS as the 1st V-8 as you can see from the pictures in this post. They are planning on an LS9 or LS7 based z/28 or whatever they will call the 'poppa bear' of all camaro's. LS9 is a S/C LS3 and the LS7 is the 7 liter from the new z06. One reason for thinking the z28 as the top model is to follow a marketing scheme similar to the vette. Nissan does this with R models, Mercedes with AMG, BMW with M, and so on and so forth.

Welcome to the site
With gas prices what they are I would not mind seeing a "RS" with a S/C 3.6 DI from the Cadillac CTS. Nice guts and a little easier on the gas. "LETS DRILL OUR OWN DAMN OIL".
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:29 AM   #362
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
With gas prices what they are I would not mind seeing a "RS" with a S/C 3.6 DI from the Cadillac CTS. Nice guts and a little easier on the gas. "LETS DRILL OUR OWN DAMN OIL".
Historically the RS package has been a trim package available with any engine rather than an engine package, thus you could get a base 6 cylinder with RS, a SS/RS, or a Z/28 RS.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #363
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Historically the RS package has been a trim package available with any engine rather than an engine package, thus you could get a base 6 cylinder with RS, a SS/RS, or a Z/28 RS.
Clyde
And so it should stay that way if you ask me. The RS added some really cool flair to an already cool-looking machine. Sorry, I came from the Firebird/TA side of the river so what were all the appointments of the RS package from back in the day again?
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #364
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
And so it should stay that way if you ask me. The RS added some really cool flair to an already cool-looking machine. Sorry, I came from the Firebird/TA side of the river so what were all the appointments of the RS package from back in the day again?
On the first gens: paint stripes, bright moldings, RS badging, foldaway headlights, different tail lights and backup lamps.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote