The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-13-2019, 02:56 PM   #15
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Preach on.. mine neither.

I'm hunting a new Colorado Z71 for little ol' me, and I'm trying to figure out which one of you employed by GM is my long lost father/uncle/mom.
If you want to come to MN I can help you out!
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:09 PM   #16
M3ntal
Account Suspended

Drives: Gen 5 Camaro
Quote:
Preach on.. mine neither.

I'm hunting a new Colorado Z71 for little ol' me, and I'm trying to figure out which one of you employed by GM is my long lost father/uncle/mom.
stretch for at least a ZR2 if not ZR2 Bison
M3ntal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:53 AM   #17
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ntal View Post
stretch for at least a ZR2 if not ZR2 Bison
the more I shop, the more I'm stretching. I have a good job and will be able to put a good deposit down, so not worried about the payments. This would be my daily driver, and not sure if it will be as 'comfortable', but the other side of me says... 'these freakin roads in Indiana are like riding off road all the time and I need the suspension travel for stupid crater pot holes'.

See my dilemma...lol
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:54 AM   #18
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
If you want to come to MN I can help you out!
Dad.. is that you?
Old 09-16-2019, 10:15 AM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
As a happy Colorado owner, and someone whom reads about them often, my understanding is that the ZR2 rides as good, if not better than the Z71 models on the road, but then again I have never driven one.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:51 PM   #20
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
I have a ZR2.

The multimatic shocks are magic; the ride is amazingly comfortable yet rough roads and potholes present no problems whatsoever. Excellent daily driver.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:14 AM   #21
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
I have a ZR2.

The multimatic shocks are magic; the ride is amazingly comfortable yet rough roads and potholes present no problems whatsoever. Excellent daily driver.
So very glad to hear that!!! I test drove one yesterday, a beautiful Steel Gray one. Unfortunately, it was after work and the traffic situation really didn't allow me to "test" it out like I wanted to and will be back to try again after a work trip I need to take this week. There was a section of highway close to the dealership that I was like "yeah, this road is one of the roughest in the state, been this way for years..let's see how it does on this highway at speed". I get there and they had just repaved it the week before.. They did that on purpose because they hate me....lol.

The only thing I noticed was the amount of "roll" it had in corning with a little acceleration, almost like a Trophy Truck feel to it. It was not huge, but more than I am used to in my Tacoma. The good thing, it still felt very planted to the ground.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:36 AM   #22
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
As a happy Colorado owner, and someone whom reads about them often, my understanding is that the ZR2 rides as good, if not better than the Z71 models on the road, but then again I have never driven one.
I understand the ride is even better with the dssv shocks.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #23
snizzle
Recalled user

Quote:
So very glad to hear that!!! I test drove one yesterday, a beautiful Steel Gray one. Unfortunately, it was after work and the traffic situation really didn't allow me to "test" it out like I wanted to and will be back to try again after a work trip I need to take this week. There was a section of highway close to the dealership that I was like "yeah, this road is one of the roughest in the state, been this way for years..let's see how it does on this highway at speed". I get there and they had just repaved it the week before.. They did that on purpose because they hate me....lol.

The only thing I noticed was the amount of "roll" it had in corning with a little acceleration, almost like a Trophy Truck feel to it. It was not huge, but more than I am used to in my Tacoma. The good thing, it still felt very planted to the ground.
Keep in mind the max tow rating goes down with the ZR2 to around 5K versus 7K+. Not sure if that'll matter to you but I did notice that in my reading. Most folks aren't buying mid-size for towing capability.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 09-17-2019, 02:12 PM   #24
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Keep in mind the max tow rating goes down with the ZR2 to around 5K versus 7K+. Not sure if that'll matter to you but I did notice that in my reading. Most folks aren't buying mid-size for towing capability.
Yes, thanks. I have not towed anything in 10 years and not really planning to in the near future. But yes, aware of the changes in tow rating and tongue weight. I just found a ZR2 forum last week, so trying read and gather as much information as I can.

I have someone wanting my tacoma right now, thus pushing me to get something as soon as I can.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:00 PM   #25
KMPrenger

If you are looking at left over 2019 models, I'd look for one built during or after March 2019, when they started using the newest fluid in the 8 speed in the factories. If not, then ask that the dealership change the fluid before your buy (dealerships were supposed to be doing it to all of the inventory on their lot with the 8 speed).

Of course...if you buy a diesel it is no worry as that uses the 6 speed.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #26
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
If you are looking at left over 2019 models, I'd look for one built during or after March 2019, when they started using the newest fluid in the 8 speed in the factories. If not, then ask that the dealership change the fluid before your buy (dealerships were supposed to be doing it to all of the inventory on their lot with the 8 speed).

Of course...if you buy a diesel it is no worry as that uses the 6 speed.
I’m wanting a 2020 with the newer head unit.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:19 PM   #27
snizzle
Recalled user

I thought the 2019 got the new infotainment. I know it was upgraded from the 2018 because I had to consider if it was worth the extra cash at the time, along with proximity sensors, etc.

Minor facelift coming:
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/20/...ift-spy-shots/

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 09-20-2019, 02:45 PM   #28
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I thought the 2019 got the new infotainment. I know it was upgraded from the 2018 because I had to consider if it was worth the extra cash at the time, along with proximity sensors, etc.

Minor facelift coming:
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/20/...ift-spy-shots/
This is correct. Also got the 6 way instead of 4 way power seats. I don't think there was much new at all on the 2020s.

I'm waiting to see the 2021 Canyon facelift. Good chance I could wind up in one if they look good. GM says they will be revealed early 2020.