Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-28-2021, 01:28 PM   #57
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post
Remember a fool and his money are soon parted.

The market right now is crazy stupid, over priced used cars and people paying thousands over MSRP for new...

Not sure what OPs situation is but I would wait it out, this too will pass LOL

I hear people that are selling C8 say that people are lining up to pay $20K over MSRP, those people are retards or should I say to not to insult those with special needs, they have more money than brains.
No one is "lining up" to pay $20k over MSRP on a C8, but some people are paying it due to low supply. The waitlist is about 12 to 18 months. As I've seen it explained on the CF, that is about $1k a month to NOT wait.

To each his own.

Most C8 buyers are content to order from a dealer willing to sell AT MSRP, and recognize that MSRP is a fair deal under the current market conditions.

Whereas the appears OP is willing to blow up the deal over $1,500.

That's Nuts.

Old 06-28-2021, 01:44 PM   #58
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Ivy1LE View Post
your actions agree with me but your words don't lol I'm absolutely fine with the dealer selling the car to whomever. they can sell it for $10k over sticker and that's great. but I just wouldn't be the person buying it after they backed out on their word.

If you told me you'd do something, do it. Especially if I've bought 5 cars from you before. You'll make the money up somewhere else or on someone else

EDIT: I guess I am saying I have bought dozens of new cars from many different dealers (some the same), I treat it like a business transaction nothing more, nothing less.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.

Last edited by FarmerFran; 06-28-2021 at 01:58 PM.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 02:22 PM   #59
Envious_Ivy1LE

Drives: Krypton Green V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
To each his own.

Most C8 buyers are content to order from a dealer willing to sell AT MSRP, and recognize that MSRP is a fair deal under the current market conditions.

Whereas the appears OP is willing to blow up the deal over $1,500.

That's Nuts.
we're talking about something that was always and will always be limited production vs something that is limited availability due to conditions outside of GM control. People expect to pay over sticker for a C8 so paying sticker is justified. no one (prior to the shortage) expects to go in to look at a Camaro and walk out paying MSRP. it's not Nuts to walk away over $1,500 if you can wait. Doesn't sound like OP is gonna be in a tight squeeze if he doesn't buy the car.

EDIT: I've had people walk on lease deal over $10/mo because "the ad said differently" but they didn't qualify for anything in the ad. I feel OP is more than justified to walk away. unless the car has a lot of options you'll never find on a lot and you'll end up paying for out of pocket
Envious_Ivy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:11 PM   #60
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
If you have a used car to trade in, then in most cases the increase value of the trade will help to offset the increased price on the new car. However, if you have nothing to trade it is kind of hard to pay MSRP on a Camaro when you know they were selling for 20% off a couple years ago. It is not like demand for the Camaro has increased, they just can't build at all right now.

One thing is for sure, once the new car inventories start showing up again you can expect the dip in prices to follow. If you plan to keep the car for the long haul then paying $1500 more is not a huge ordeal but if you like to get in and out every 2-3 years you may feel the depreciation a bit more on this one.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:51 AM   #61
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
The dealerships are living high on the hog price wise right now. The car and car part shortage will eventually end and it could take a few years. Dealerships are making lots of cash now if they can maintain any inventory. Inquired into a C8 near Daytona last week.30k over sticker. I know it sucks waiting, my 2SS 1LE was ordered in February, but paying over MSRP nonsense.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:33 PM   #62
Z Boss
Camaro Addiction

Drives: 68SS81Z2887IROC97Z28SS,12ZL1,22ZLE
In 2012, I had to negotiate with the dealership to just pay sticker for their first ZL1. I bought multiple vehicles there and wasn't happy about that price but they planned to charge $5K above sticker on future ZL1's. I paid sticker and got the car I ordered. No regrets.
I have a 2022 ZLE ordered and while the dealership is unable to give me a price at this time as Chevrolet reportedly hasn't finalized new car pricing, I'll be happy again to get the car I ordered and again, only pay sticker in this market. It's simple - here's the price; take it or leave it. I think I'll have no regrets again and these beasts are still a great value. If they would just mark the $75K car up to $85K and give me $10K off, I'll probably feel better as I drive off.....
2012 Camaro ZL1 VIN #0004
ZL1, Ashen Grey, Black Leather, 6 speed, suede, exposed carbon fiber weave, gray stripe
Current Status: Cruisin' !!
3800 Produced: 1/27/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/27/2012
Z Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:52 PM   #63
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Boss View Post
In 2012, I had to negotiate with the dealership to just pay sticker for their first ZL1. I bought multiple vehicles there and wasn't happy about that price but they planned to charge $5K above sticker on future ZL1's. I paid sticker and got the car I ordered. No regrets.
I have a 2022 ZLE ordered and while the dealership is unable to give me a price at this time as Chevrolet reportedly hasn't finalized new car pricing, I'll be happy again to get the car I ordered and again, only pay sticker in this market. It's simple - here's the price; take it or leave it. I think I'll have no regrets again and these beasts are still a great value. If they would just mark the $75K car up to $85K and give me $10K off, I'll probably feel better as I drive off.....
This man right here, he gets it.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:30 PM   #64
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
we're talking about something that was always and will always be limited production vs something that is limited availability due to conditions outside of GM control. People expect to pay over sticker for a C8 so paying sticker is justified. no one (prior to the shortage) expects to go in to look at a Camaro and walk out paying MSRP. it's not Nuts to walk away over $1,500 if you can wait. Doesn't sound like OP is gonna be in a tight squeeze if he doesn't buy the car.

EDIT: I've had people walk on lease deal over $10/mo because "the ad said differently" but they didn't qualify for anything in the ad. I feel OP is more than justified to walk away. unless the car has a lot of options you'll never find on a lot and you'll end up paying for out of pocket
Ummm, no. The current market conditions and demand for the C8 are what they are but C8 buyers do not “expect” to pay over sticker. I’ve bought 9 Corvettes new, and never paid sticker. Most educated buyers are buying from large volume dealers like Kerbeck, Criswell, Maculkin, Hendricks, or Coughlin who are all selling at MSRP while small guys Jack them up. Head over to the Corvette Forum and anything over sticker is a hot button.
Old 06-29-2021, 07:02 PM   #65
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
My wife and i just went to local GMC/Buick to check out Enclave. GM rebates $5k off plus dealer discounts. Its good huge price off from sticker. I never bought anything from them and i didnt ask discounts but they are willing to.

I have called local Toyota where i have bought couple vehicles since they are opened. I called 5 times, but no call back. I understand they have no cars to sell.

In this time, if you want to get a good deal then try look for brands/modela that sitting there for while instead very hard to find or must order models.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:01 AM   #66
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Ummm, no. The current market conditions and demand for the C8 are what they are but C8 buyers do not “expect” to pay over sticker. I’ve bought 9 Corvettes new, and never paid sticker. Most educated buyers are buying from large volume dealers like Kerbeck, Criswell, Maculkin, Hendricks, or Coughlin who are all selling at MSRP while small guys Jack them up. Head over to the Corvette Forum and anything over sticker is a hot button.
Shh, don't tell all of our secrets... these types of buyers allow us to purchase the way that we do.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:16 AM   #67
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
When being asked to pay MSRP for a car in times like this is what you're worked up about, you know life is going well for you. Congrats on that I guess.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:38 AM   #68
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
I'm aware of the pandemic ,but I'm also aware there is no shortage of pickups or suvs, in fact GM is offering 0% for 72 months on them. So I guess they're kinda choosing where the shortage will be. I believe ford did the same with the mustang.
Ford, GM, Ram, etc. have thousands of pickups and SUV's parked waiting on various modules due to the GLOBAL semiconductor / chip shortage. Just do a quick search to see pics of vehicles piled up or search big dealer's inventory. 0% is often just to drive market share.

Quick search for GM, this is for end of 1Q21, but, it's all the same for Ford, etc. A quick excerpt:

https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/...1-gmsales.html

Update on global semiconductor shortage

Like other automakers, GM has been impacted by the global semiconductor shortage. GM is building some vehicles without certain modules when necessary. They will be completed as soon as more semiconductors become available, which will help GM quickly meet strong expected customer demand during the year. GM also targets recovering lost car and crossover production where possible in the second half of the year.

GM ended the quarter with 334,628 units in inventory, down 76,247 units from the end of the fourth quarter of 2020.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:30 AM   #69
Envious_Ivy1LE

Drives: Krypton Green V6 1LE
Quote:
sorry to break it to you but people on these forums make up a small percentage of any of the sales figures. I'm happy you got your Corvettes at a discount and the people on the forums are shopping volume dealers and making efforts to get the car at MSRP or lower but the majority of people aren't on forums. If it was so unlikely for someone to buy a car marked over MSRP you wouldn't see them marked up every where you look.
Envious_Ivy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:31 PM   #70
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
sorry to break it to you but people on these forums make up a small percentage of any of the sales figures. I'm happy you got your Corvettes at a discount and the people on the forums are shopping volume dealers and making efforts to get the car at MSRP or lower but the majority of people aren't on forums. If it was so unlikely for someone to buy a car marked over MSRP you wouldn't see them marked up every where you look.

I would think on these performance car forums people are more astute and educated when it comes to purchasing a car and not stupid enough to pay sticker.

Most of us on here you would never see buying at Carmax for example paying 4 grand more for the same used Camaro you could get at a regular dealer for example and with less miles.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote