The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > New Member Intro Lounge

Old 07-21-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
chrisesbueno

Drives: subaru sti
Hello everyone!

Hey guys! My name is Chris, I am 23 years old and living in New York. I have never been a huge fan of corvettes throughout my life but this new generation has given me a change of heart. Currently, I am driving a 2014 subaru sti and I have been driving subarus prior (luckily have been swapping parts from subaru to subaru). Every week I have depositing money into a bank account to save for a turbo, intercooler, and short block swap and am having second thoughts on continuing modding the subaru. I visited my local chevy dealer the other week and discussed the pricing on ordering a 2015 vette and I was shocked to see with my discount, the gm bucks they allow (2500), my trade in, and my turbo swap fund, I could have monthly payments within the same ball park as my sti. I went home and thought this is too good to be true, requested an insurance quote and found out the insurance would be cheaper on the corvette than what I am paying now?! After thinking about it and discussing it with my girlfriend, we are pretty much set on the trade in. I was planning on ordering one (every car I always get one off the lot and always have regrets, I want this vette to be my way!) but being in NY, our summer is going to be ramping down any day now and fall will shortly be here. I'm now thinking it'll be a better choice to order it during the winter so it will arrive in spring instead of getting it, driving it for 2-3 weeks and garaging it. Another plus to that idea, I have more time to save and get better options I feel are necessary. Anyways, I am looking forward to being a part of this community! I navigated around the forum and it seems you guys seem a lot more friendly then some of the subaru forums. What I would like to know from you guys, what options do you feel to be the "must haves". Any coupe guys wish they have gotten the convertible? Convertibles wishing they got the coupe? Z51 worth it? I'm pretty set on getting either torch red or the arctic white with black rims (haven't seen these colors in person, opinions?). Thanks guys!
chrisesbueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
ModBargains

Drives: Camaro RS/SS, 996TT, E90 335i
Wow that sounds pretty good.
When you pulling the trigger
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
chrisesbueno

Drives: subaru sti
I was planning on pulling it soon but being in NY, our summers are short so I am thinking ordering it in winter at some point so it will arrive when spring starts. I was wondering, do people recommend getting the z51 package?
chrisesbueno is offline   Reply With Quote