The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #15
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Quote:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
From H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:17 PM   #16
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
The Sith Code from "Darth Bane: Path of Destruction" by Drew Karpyshyn
Here you go:

One Truth

"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful.
The strong.
The weak.
The innocent.
The corrupt.
Fear. Fear is my ally."

Darth Maul

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #17
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Love this line, in the context it means quite a bit.

Quote:
"We reached the Mediterranean. I wanted those waters to be blue, but they were black, nighttime waters, and how I suffered then, straining to recall the color that in my youth I had taken for granted."
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #18
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
Here you go:

One Truth

"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful.
The strong.
The weak.
The innocent.
The corrupt.
Fear. Fear is my ally."

Darth Maul
NICE!
Attached Images

"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 07-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #19
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Quote:
Love this line, in the context it means quite a bit.
Ahh yes, Interview With A Vampire. I, read bits and pieces of that book years ago in school. Have to say, loved the movie.

Quote:
NICE!
Gotta love Darth Maul, he was a total beast in Episode 1. In fact he's the only reason that episode was worth anything.

Also as far as a good read goes. For any fans of racing and/or more specifically MotoGP. I'd recommend Casey Stoner's Pushing The Limits book. I, was completely blown away with just how good the book really was. I, was always a fan of Stoner's racing form as he was a complete alien on track. Though kind of got irritated with his off track attitude. However, after reading this book I, understand him more and the reasons for him doing what he did. A great read..

Name:  casey-stoner-pushing-the-limits.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  66.8 KB

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

Old 07-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #20
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Also another excellent read. Loved it from the moment I, heard it was coming out. Had to have it when it became available. I, read it in 4 days as I, couldn't put the book down.

No Easy Day

Name:  NoEasyDayCoverArt.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  32.8 KB

Old 07-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #21
Muscle Car Lover

Thanks for the recommends!

Old 07-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #22
Muscle Car Lover

Classic novel:
Quote:
“He stood at the window of the empty cafe and watched the activites in the square and he said that it was good that God kept the truths of life from the young as they were starting out or else they'd have no heart to start at all.”

Old 07-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #23
Muscle Car Lover

Matthew Stover, he does it right:

Quote:
"Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create...life. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about...from dying.

He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power...which, eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death...but not himself."

"Is it possible to learn this power?"

"Not from a Jedi."

Old 07-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #24
Muscle Car Lover

Just a tough book to read.

Quote:
"All the trees in the world are going to fall sooner or later. But not on us.”

Old 07-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #25
Muscle Car Lover

Writing Sample
I have often thought about writing a possible short story (novella?) that has been in my head for some time. I do try and think about it from time to time, but it never seems to come out right.

I have most of the story fleshed out fairly well. Maybe someday I can really get after it. Here would be the opening, or prologue:

Quote:
"Look, I never set out to make "the device".

I was a kid in second grade with a new set of colored pencils. One day I sat down and started drawing. This led to the first schematics of the machine I imagined. It all made sense at the time, very useful, and I even thought it was possible. I was in second grade; lot's of things seemed possible then.

Don't ask me if I had a vision. I was not visited by aliens. No God whispered in my ear. I was just doodling and something appeared from no where. If I had it to do over, I would have drawn a ****ing rainbow or a pony.

But I didn't."

Old 07-28-2014, 06:42 PM   #26
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Haha, I like that. That's got a nice "hooking" quality about it. I've got a couple short stories up on Amazon too. I don't know how far along you are in the process, but here's my advice. Write up a skeleton copy. Not an outline, just write out everything you want to cover in the story. It should read like the story but with incoherent thoughts and awful grammar/spelling. Just write the way you think. Once I get that done, I go back and fill in the skeleton with some meat (figuratively of course).
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #27
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Haha, I like that. That's got a nice "hooking" quality about it. I've got a couple short stories up on Amazon too. I don't know how far along you are in the process, but here's my advice. Write up a skeleton copy. Not an outline, just write out everything you want to cover in the story. It should read like the story but with incoherent thoughts and awful grammar/spelling. Just write the way you think. Once I get that done, I go back and fill in the skeleton with some meat (figuratively of course).
Oh wow, thanks! Pm me with a link or links to your story's, I would love to read them!

Old 07-31-2014, 07:46 PM   #28
Muscle Car Lover

New entry:
Quote:
“The way of the world is to bloom and to flower and die but in the affairs of men there is no waning and the noon of his expression signals the onset of night. His spirit is exhausted at the peak of its achievement. His meridian is at once his darkening and the evening of his day.”