The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-16-2014, 07:39 PM   #15
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
I used the Green Smoke line and it got me off cigarettes for 8 months. Like an IDIOT I had a few cigs out one night and well, I went back.

Dumbest thing I ever did was start smoking.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #16
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
I used the Green Smoke line and it got me off cigarettes for 8 months. Like an IDIOT I had a few cigs out one night and well, I went back.

Dumbest thing I ever did was start smoking.
Ya I wish I had never started myself. Young and dumb at 16, what can ya do.

You can go back to vaping!! That's why now I just do a really low nic. 3 nic to quell any cravings but not a ton of it. Other times I use 0 nic for the habit it self.

That's what I have the hardest time with as well, drinking.

Just bring an ecig instead.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #17
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Ya I wish I had never started myself. Young and dumb at 16, what can ya do.

You can go back to vaping!! That's why now I just do a really low nic. 3 nic to quell any cravings but not a ton of it. Other times I use 0 nic for the habit it self.

That's what I have the hardest time with as well, drinking.

Just bring an ecig instead.
Yeah, maybe this fall. Have to do the vape because the damn nicotine gum makes my teeth super sensitive.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #18
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Well for me that Is not the market I am in so no THC in my juice.

All of mine have nicotine except the 0 nic I offer. What is good about this is it can help you quit and you can tapper down on the nic levels slowly. For instance you can chose between 0 nic, 3 nic, 6 nic, 12 nic, 18 nic and 24 nic.....the higher the number the stronger or more nicotine there is in the juice. There is not tar, smoke, carcinogens, and a lot of the other bad things you get from smoking a cigarette. I am not saying that it is safe but if it's better than smoking IMHO. I AM NOT SAYING THAT BECAUSE I OWN A JUICE COMAPNY. I actually never intended getting into the business. I happened to start making my own and had more and more and more people wanting to buy my juice so I said hell I might as well sell the juice. Hence how the company was formed.

I was a smoker for 18 years and had tried quitting several times but no matter what I tried it didn't work. This worked awesome for me as it has for several others I know. Not saying it will work for everyone but it's worth a shot.
You didn't quit, you just got hooked on something else. I smoked for 35 years, when you are truly ready to quit, the best is to just stop.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:08 PM   #19
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
Yeah, maybe this fall. Have to do the vape because the damn nicotine gum makes my teeth super sensitive.
Ya I have tried other things and they didn't work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
You didn't quit, you just got hooked on something else. I smoked for 35 years, when you are truly ready to quit, the best is to just stop.
Actually I did. The only reason I vape now is because I own a juice company and have to test and try new juice I develop. For me this is way better than smoking a cigarette or a cigar that I use to have with a drink. There are a lot of days I don't vape and don't crave it like I did with a cigarette.

To each their own.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:46 PM   #20
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Sometimes I think people are better off smoking regular cigs... everyone I see using e cigs is always sucking on it all day and night... takin in probably 10x more nicotine than they were with reg tobacco.

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #21
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
Sometimes I think people are better off smoking regular cigs... everyone I see using e cigs is always sucking on it all day and night... takin in probably 10x more nicotine than they were with reg tobacco.
Ya, but they're making the terrible choice to put it into THEIR OWN bodies and innocent bystanders aren't being forced to inhale their second hand poison.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #22
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
Quite a few people I know vaped to quit smoking..... It is very easy to lower the nicotine levels a little at a time until they get to a zero level nicotine juice. After that a lot of them keep vaping just because they like the flavors!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #23
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Quite a few people I know vaped to quit smoking..... It is very easy to lower the nicotine levels a little at a time until they get to a zero level nicotine juice. After that a lot of them keep vaping just because they like the flavors!
not only that but no tar, carcinogens, carbon dioxide, or the other 5000 chemicals in cigarettes.

Not saying that vaping is safe but several studies have shown its a lot better than smoking.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #24
ShnOmac

Quote:

Not saying that vaping is safe but several studies have shown its a lot better than smoking.

No combustion is a very good thing!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:26 PM   #25
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSSGT-RET View Post
innocent bystanders aren't being forced to inhale their second hand poison.

I would love to read your research about said "poison".

There have been no long term study's that I have been able to find about vaping. If someone is vaping a 0 nicotine juice and there is no combustion I don't see where the "poison" is coming from.

Nicotine is not healthy I agree.... However the combustion of a cigarette is whats REALLY unhealthy.

For someone that is trying to quit smoking vaping is a good choice. That being said they should be respectful of the people around them.

EDIT: I thought you were talking about E-cigs. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Last edited by ShnOmac; 08-18-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #26
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:

There have been no long term study's that I have been able to find about vaping. If someone is vaping a 0 nicotine juice and there is no combustion I don't see where the "poison" is coming from.

Nicotine is not healthy I agree.... However the combustion of a cigarette is whats REALLY unhealthy.

For someone that is trying to quit smoking vaping is a good choice. That being said they should be respectful of the people around them.
He was talking about Cigarette smoke, which is poison.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #27
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
He was talking about Cigarette smoke, which is poison.
Hmmmm.... I thought he was talking about e-cigs. Oops....
Old 08-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #28
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Quote:

EDIT: I thought you were talking about E-cigs. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
Yes....I was referring to traditional smokers.