Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-17-2019, 11:44 PM   #1
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
had a fun time in traffic with a bad Camaro driver

so i went to the vape shop today on the 5 freeway south bound coming from the orange crush down to southern orange county was a nice drive. but man the 5 north on my way back was a mess, hour and a half in traffic just to get home. the last 5 miles this prick in a flat black SS was cutting people off honking at people flipping the bird and just over all being ( a beautiful person) to everyone.

I thought it was funny no matter how hard this guy tried to get past people he was stuck right next to me in front of me or behind me and did not get anywhere at all driving like that. It wasn't tell the off ramp that this person went insane. he did not want to wait in line and drove up the brake down lane and ran the red light. funny part he got stuck at the next light. the next light is a long light as well so of coarse i get stuck 4 cars back to watch the fun he ran another red light cut off a few more people and flipping the bird at people.

some lady next to him tried to film the guy with there phone at the next light he got stuck at he started throwing stuff from his car at them before he jumped out and in the middle of the intersection to keep from getting on camera. im just shocked there was not a huge wreck with how he was driving it was very apparent it was to much car for him to handle with how close he got to hitting people and the hard braking he was doing. I do remember smelling hot breaks you never forget that smell if you have drove the grape vine a lot or long down hill stints in traffic.

just thought id share this today as it was so odd and weird to me never seen a Camaro driver act like this before. normally i find this with BMW's, honda civic, trucks, or more expensive luxury SUVs/sedans. the fact no one was hurt is why i find this whole experience to be one of the funniest thing's that's happened to me in a few months. i normally take the time out of my day to leave a hour or 2 before rush hour traffic so i have a easy time getting around and get to just chill and relax. to day was more of a mission to get my nicotine fix and i did not want to wait tell 7-8pm for traffic to die down.

been a fun day watching some dude lose his mind in traffic
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:51 PM   #2
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Damn dude, glad you kept your cool and stayed out of that mess...its not always easy to stay uninvolved. You never know how some unstable prick is going to react to confrontation. It is already fairly obvious he has some issues.

I hate seeing other Camaro drivers act like this. But most of us are emotionally invested enough in our cars to not put it or actual innocent people in danger.

Stay safe man! I couldn't imagine having to commute in SoCal every day.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:13 AM   #3
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Damn dude, glad you kept your cool and stayed out of that mess...its not always easy to stay uninvolved. You never know how some unstable prick is going to react to confrontation. It is already fairly obvious he has some issues.

I hate seeing other Camaro drivers act like this. But most of us are emotionally invested enough in our cars to not put it or actual innocent people in danger.

Stay safe man! I couldn't imagine having to commute in SoCal every day.
i was shocked. the car was super nice a very clean flack black looked like it was done professional not dirty flat back (prob a wrap) had some nice 20 inch wheels from foose nice aftermarket head lights and the LED lambo style taillights from spyder.

there is no point in engaging people in traffic over dumb stuff. i just like to sit back and enjoy the show unless it gets close to me to where i could get involved at those points ill just get off on a side road and take the scenic rout home. i was more focused on getting my nicotine fix at the time. dont get me wrong i was boiling, mad some one would put there life's and other at risk like that but what can i do in bumper to bumper traffic not like Highway patrol would get there in time with how packed it was that and given how many minor accident i saw chp helping with they had there hands full.

commute in SoCal is not to bad if you can drive here with no accidents for 5-10 years you can handle pretty much anything thrown at you.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:19 AM   #4
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
sounds like our I-4.unfortunately if youre going a long distance east to west its about the only game in town.always somebody driving like a moron.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:34 AM   #5
Dogmeat

Drives: 2011 RS
"That's wat U git for livin' in Ca!!" I'll stick to my country livin' here in southern Mi!!
Old 10-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #6
mudwheel57
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 camaro 2LS
Left Moreno Valley 25 years ago and moved to Idaho. Just have to watch out for the spud trucks in the fall. Never regretted the move once.
mudwheel57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:42 AM   #7
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
The one thing you cannot control while driving is other drivers. Sit back, relax, turn on some fine tunes and enjoy the show. You will arrive at your destination calmer and with less grey hair.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:56 PM   #8
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Once you’ve got a few years driving experience under your belt, You’ll get used to situations like this !!!
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #9
Vec
Tejas Hillbilly

Drives: 15 SS 2SS/RS LS3M6
cool story bro
Old 10-18-2019, 06:51 PM   #10
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Sure its wasn't silver???

Stories like this suck, but right now its scaring the hell out of me as my car's in the shop.

Wouldn't doubt it if the driver was taking someone elses car out for a 'test drive'...

My car's in the shop because I'm feeling a bit of shaking on the steering wheel. Have new rotors/brakes, balanced my tires/wheels... checked my suspension and its still shaking the steering wheel... weird thing, it doesn't even shake until I hit 40mph... then it progressively gets worse as I increase speed.

I do hope my baby's being treated good... only the 2nd time at the Chevrolet Service dept. I've taken it elsewhere countless times for other work... but I don't typically take it to Chevy. This time I did because another issue I have that dang airbag sensor light...

Its been since noon yesterday that I dropped it off and they still can't tell me what's wrong. I'm going through some serious withdrawal... this story doesn't help!!!
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:23 PM   #11
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Sure its wasn't silver???

Stories like this suck, but right now its scaring the hell out of me as my car's in the shop.

Wouldn't doubt it if the driver was taking someone elses car out for a 'test drive'...

My car's in the shop because I'm feeling a bit of shaking on the steering wheel. Have new rotors/brakes, balanced my tires/wheels... checked my suspension and its still shaking the steering wheel... weird thing, it doesn't even shake until I hit 40mph... then it progressively gets worse as I increase speed.

I do hope my baby's being treated good... only the 2nd time at the Chevrolet Service dept. I've taken it elsewhere countless times for other work... but I don't typically take it to Chevy. This time I did because another issue I have that dang airbag sensor light...

Its been since noon yesterday that I dropped it off and they still can't tell me what's wrong. I'm going through some serious withdrawal... this story doesn't help!!!
id know if it was your car in a heart beat! i love your car and how it looks its so well taken care of. I do know the withdrawal i have only had one repair since ive had my car, it was for a evap solenoid 300$ not bad for the repair cost. I knew my car was in good hands the owner of the shops been around for 35 years and owns 3 camaro's and a black c4 vette sleeper twin turbo with every thing stock looking

im sure your cars in good hands with how good it looks the shop tech would have to be a scum lord to not look at it and treat it like a Bentley pulled in.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #12
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
The one thing you cannot control while driving is other drivers. Sit back, relax, turn on some fine tunes and enjoy the show. You will arrive at your destination calmer and with less grey hair.
very very true i was listning to Turmion Kätilöt pretty hard to be in a crap mood when this is bands playing it made the whole situation even funner given the music
Old 10-19-2019, 03:59 PM   #13
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Great road rage music. If you didn’t have it before listening to that, you will after!
Old 10-20-2019, 09:34 AM   #14
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Doesn't sound like fun to me. People who drive like that risk our lives and increase insurance rates for everybody. Probably on drugs or something.

Perhaps you should've reported his license number to the police for reckless driving. Yeah, not that they would probably do anything in crazy So.Cal rush hour traffic, but at least it could've been reported.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote