Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #365
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATWOMAN View Post
I just assume everyone is staring at the bad as* ...I find it awkward if they don't.
Lol^^^^^^
TXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #366
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLS3 View Post
Lol everyone can tell especially if your in a 5,0 or srt8. You decided to think they can't. I always know whether it's a v6 or v8 no matter how hard they try to disguise there v6.
Of course we can tell... We're car people. Most people don't care or know the difference they just love a cool looking car.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #367
1LE 2NV

Drives: '14 Summit White 2ss 1le Rs Npp Nav
Yea i get too much attention. Im probably the only one in toronto with this package/color combo.
1LE 2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:55 PM   #368
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
You obviously love the attention.. Like the OP. Look at her photoshoot in her profile. Nothing wrong with it I just don't enjoy it and It's annoying to me. I don't care to hear people tell me about how they're gonna buy a camaro one day and put this and that on it. I'm listening so someone's fantasy at that point.. Annoying. I love my camaro hands down favorite car I've ever had and the nicest.. But when I'm getting new tires and the discount tire guy would rather talk about my car than put tires on and get me out of there It's annoying.

And I usually laugh at people in camaros that pull up looking around to see who's looking at them. It's in all types of cars not just camaros. Frs' honda si 350z with neon rims... I get a good laugh at the "bad asses"
I like the attention the car gets....I couldn't give rats ass who stares....people like the car. I get compliments on the car all the time....I'm polite and answer peoples questions....I do find some people want to know what colour it is so they can paint their projects the same . You seem to be annoyed with the attention the car gets....it doesn't bother me at all. I haven't had the from people in my crv yet. .....so I guess I'm not famous....damn it.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:06 PM   #369
Chevy_cowboy

Quote:
You obviously love the attention.. Like the OP. Look at her photoshoot in her profile. Nothing wrong with it I just don't enjoy it and It's annoying to me. I don't care to hear people tell me about how they're gonna buy a camaro one day and put this and that on it. I'm listening so someone's fantasy at that point.. Annoying. I love my camaro hands down favorite car I've ever had and the nicest.. But when I'm getting new tires and the discount tire guy would rather talk about my car than put tires on and get me out of there It's annoying.

And I usually laugh at people in camaros that pull up looking around to see who's looking at them. It's in all types of cars not just camaros. Frs' honda si 350z with neon rims... I get a good laugh at the "bad asses"
Yep at times it can be annoying, no doubt. There's days I love bs'ing about cars for hours... But when I'm just trying to pump gas or sitting at a stoplight, I'd rather not.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:27 PM   #370
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Who could possibly stare at this ride?
Old 09-27-2014, 12:21 AM   #371
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
Yep at times it can be annoying, no doubt. There's days I love bs'ing about cars for hours... But when I'm just trying to pump gas or sitting at a stoplight, I'd rather not.
Ha ha. Yeah sometimes I have to pump quick and act snobby. It kinda gets a little annoying after a while. I was pumping gas one time and this guy sped up to the pump next to me and cut a car off in the process to talk to me about his car too. It was a rust bucket gen 4 with a cracked front bumper, once black paint now faded and peeling! Even though it was an SS he had nothing even on my door handle! He talked about how his was all crappy and I just washed mine the same day. He made a joke about how shitty and old it is. I said something like.."I'm sure mine will be the same in a couple years too!" I so totally called his a shit bucket! I felt like an ass but laughed afterward because if he was really an enthusiast he would keep it showroom new.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:22 AM   #372
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
I've had neighbors slow down at dusk when it's backed in the driveway and the halos are on. Cops stopped by me when I was parked and complimented me. I've been behind busses and see kids with their hands pressed up against the window. Heads up to the window and waving. One boy took his mom's I pad and took a video of me backing out of a parking spot. He was yelling...The Bumblebee, The... The Bumblebee! I was looking for a yellow camaro myself when he said this but none around. It was me, but hell the only yellow thing on my car are the brakes!
Old 09-27-2014, 02:21 AM   #373
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I like the attention the car gets....I couldn't give rats ass who stares....people like the car. I get compliments on the car all the time....I'm polite and answer peoples questions....I do find some people want to know what colour it is so they can paint their projects the same . You seem to be annoyed with the attention the car gets....it doesn't bother me at all. I haven't had the from people in my crv yet. .....so I guess I'm not famous....damn it.
I will agree the IOM would draw color questions lol.. Mines black so It's nothing exciting. Obviously I think it's a great looking car with a bad ass engine. I would give you a thumbs up because your a modded SS I like attention from other bad ass cars that's when the fun begins.
TXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:54 AM   #374
Chevy_cowboy

I think we get more comments about the IO interior than the paint color... everyone assumes its custom since most cars have bland earth tone interiors these days. Definitely one of our favorite things about the car also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSpeed View Post
I've had neighbors slow down at dusk when it's backed in the driveway and the halos are on. Cops stopped by me when I was parked and complimented me. I've been behind busses and see kids with their hands pressed up against the window. Heads up to the window and waving. One boy took his mom's I pad and took a video of me backing out of a parking spot. He was yelling...The Bumblebee, The... The Bumblebee! I was looking for a yellow camaro myself when he said this but none around. It was me, but hell the only yellow thing on my car are the brakes!
he must have watched transformers in black and white.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #375
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
Yeah, this.

I'm in Ohio driving a black Camaro. Today I had to stop at a few stores. I left right after the evening rush (around 6pm). The loop I made is about 6 miles total and I took about an hour total to do everything I had to.

I saw three other black Camaros, two yellows and an imperial blue. (and not a single one waved so now I have to sell mine! )

They were definitely head turners for the first year or two. Maybe into 2012 even. I think based on the look people thought they were more than they really are. Then as they became familiar and realized it's a totally affordable vehicle, more jumped on. Add to that the fact that we're 5 model years in and the used market has enabed a lot of people to jump in as well - I still see more and more 10-13's than 14's popping up in the area. That's not a slam on the 14's, but indication that more people are buying used.

I'm more suprised to see a 3rd or 4th gen than a 5th gen anymore.

I'm amazed that there's still pockets of America that the 5th gen turns heads like it did in 2010/2011.

I'd love to come visit sometime.
I also think it depends on where someone lives. Over here in Omaha I rarely see them. However, I think that has to do with the high cost to register new vehicles and the fact that its snows through the winter. Most sporty cars I see around here are Challengers and Mustangs.

I get complemented on my car all the time. I just had this beautiful blonde the other day ask if she can go for a ride. Had to tell her that I didn't think my wife would appreciate that lol.
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #376
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
^^^^^This! I totally agree. I love the attention my car gets. I do agree, it can be annoying at times. But nonetheless, I will always love it. You should expect to get the attention driving these cars. They are unique. You don't see Civics and mini vans getting all the attention...

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #377
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
I will agree the IOM would draw color questions lol.. Mines black so It's nothing exciting. Obviously I think it's a great looking car with a bad ass engine. I would give you a thumbs up because your a modded SS I like attention from other bad ass cars that's when the fun begins.
This is true,,,but black cars done right look bad ass.......there is one i see from time to time..all black with a loud exhaust..i give him the thumbs up everytime i see him. He tries to line up with me but we havnt had any fun yet.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #378
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
This is true,,,but black cars done right look bad ass.......there is one i see from time to time..all black with a loud exhaust..i give him the thumbs up everytime i see him. He tries to line up with me but we havnt had any fun yet.
Well have a little fun one time.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote