Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-12-2017, 11:44 PM   #1
Goohead
Horsepower whisperer

Drives: Camaro
C7 superchargers?

Hello, new 6th gen owner and was looking at supercharger options, from my research it seems the lt4 factory suerchagers from the c7 vette are a direct bolt on minus tune and supporting parts, does anyone have the factory GM part # by any chance?

Also wanted to know if the aftermarket c7 kits (procharger, Maggie, whipple) are interchangeable as well?

What does the year and mode specify 16 ss lt1 kits include that these other kits doesn't?

Thanks in advance for your help
Goohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:53 AM   #2
nukemustang

Drives: 2017 Raptor, 2017 SS
ADM performance has LT4 conversion "kits" on their website that seem really reasonable. http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444241

interchangeable? some are "roots" style, some are centrifugal.. so I am not sure what you mean.

SOLD:2016 2SS Red Hot Convertible with black metallic rally stripes
SOLD:2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS Convertible. Completed modifications: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:38 AM   #3
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
And FYI, the LT4 heads have a different intake bolt pattern than the LT1 heads, so you will need conversion plates to mount an LT4 blower. If you want to go the C7 route, Contact ADM.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:14 PM   #4
Goohead
Horsepower whisperer

Drives: Camaro
Thanks for the reply, yeah I noticed too the head ports are different and there are spacers/adapters available. I was curious i anyone tried to install a supercharger kit meant for a c7 lt4 on our cars and what was needed to adapt the fit. With a bunch of lower cost used kits out there on other forums I figure I at least explore this option.

Far as the interchangeability question, it wasn't on the type of supercharged but wether kits meant for the lt4 is interchangeable with the lt1 and what is needed to adapt it
Goohead is offline   Reply With Quote