Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-27-2017, 06:46 PM   #29
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
We set ours up a bit soft for........"just in case"

These cars haven't had the most consistent in fuel system parts.
(Not saying that is bad, just saying they have variance)

So could we put a touch more boost into them? possibly
could we put a bit more timing in them? sure

BUT, what we currently have is a rock solid tune that has had ZERO failures of any sort, and hasn't since we started boosting these LT-1's almost 3 years ago starting with the Corvette.

We set them up for people to enjoy at least 550rwhp on good quality fuel, and some people will get lucky and sneak out nearly 600 rwhp (depending on elevation and dyno)

How much is left on the table?
Well, for some people not much at all... others will really good gas, they can add a few ponies.

Thanks all!
Erik and I have talked a bit about ProCharger's tune. I never said the tune was bad, just conservative.....I personally haven't improved on it. Adding a bit of timing and taking away a bit of fuel didn't do me any good on my full day of testing at the drag strip. The only thing I've changed for the track is turning on the fan all the time. Keeping the IAT's around 105-112* at the start of the run REALLY woke it up. By doing that it's only 125-127* at the big end. It really runs out the back door!

Now if only I could get it to launch as hard as I want it to, we'll really be cooking with gas!

Btw, I run the 91 octane tune with 93 pump. I did add about 5 gallons of 100 pump just to see if the knock retard I'm seeing is real or just the ECM...
Once I get a chance to strap the car to a dyno and see what changes show there, I'm sure Erik's tune will be pretty close to what I need...just a bit of a fine polish for my available fuel and altitude (DA last weekend at the track was up to 3600')
Old 07-27-2017, 06:53 PM   #30
Goohead
Horsepower whisperer

Drives: Camaro
I get it atomic. Generally any smaller blower will need to spin faster to move the volume of air than a bigger blower, creating more heat at a higher psi etc. i guess I always, if available, favored the bigger blowers on past projects. Not saying any of them are less capable for xxx output goals. But appreciate the insight.

Laynlo thanks man we should catch up sometime this weekend I'm taking care of items and going out of town to get ready for a cruise.
A lot of Magnuson enthusiasts here! I think they are both good systems thanks for sharing the feedback
Goohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:01 PM   #31
Goohead
Horsepower whisperer

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968ss350 View Post
I think what mike was trying to tell you is that one rotor spins faster than the other on the twin screw resulting in a HIGHER RPM than the Maggie..
Wouldn't the slave rotor speed be irrelevant if we are measuring both systems by the pulley rotor?

That to me is like saying it's a 3 to 12 lobe setup and measuring off the 12 lobe slave. I don't know just trying to see the relevance.
Goohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:34 PM   #32
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I want to see a Whipple go down the track, make some passes and see what they can really perform. I've seen no track times or mph. Bigger is not always better in my opinion, well I'm a guy. Ha
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote