Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #15
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramaro1969 View Post
darn and you didn't get a picture if the idiot slamming into the other car? now that would be priceless to see his expression
Do you not think if this really happened the OP would have taken a picture? I know I would have!!

Last edited by nyrfan; 08-02-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #16
Rip

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
mis-badged how? with corvette badgeing?

No, hers has a red RS instead of an SS just like the one in the photo. The other badging was obviously put on there by someone else, but it may not have been the current owner. My point is, although the guy obviously acted like a douche, it's possible that he wasn't the one that did it. Believe me, I've seen salesmen say all sorts of crap and nonsense to a potential buyer.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #17
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
No, hers has a red RS instead of an SS just like the one in the photo. The other badging was obviously put on there by someone else, but it may not have been the current owner. My point is, although the guy obviously acted like a douche, it's possible that he wasn't the one that did it. Believe me, I've seen salesmen say all sorts of crap and nonsense to a potential buyer.
when i went to go buy my camaro i came with both guns loaded two dealerships and both said the same thing

"wow you truely know your car dont you its good to do alot of reserech and know what your buying"

cause i did (still do) know more about the camaro then BOTH dealers did

before you make any sort of huge investment you do your ground leg work and reserch hell my current dealer litterly takes notes when i roll in so he can do his job better and asks me questions

also i herd on more then one time "i dont know no one has ever asked me that before" when i ask him questions about my car

i maybe a bit extream here but my point still holds water LEARN your car before you buy so you dont get screwed and you know what you are buying be it a camaro or a pardon me pirus

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Old 08-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #18
alex5252

Drives: 2010 manual 2lt/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
Two things to think about - 1: it's entirely possible that he bought it used like that and was only repeating what he was told and 2: if the OP didn't check the front fascia, it's also possible that he has an SS. I have a very good friend that has an SS that was mis-badged from the factory, and she's been given at least 3 different stories as to why it's like that, all of which are BS she was told by someone at the dealership.
I did check the front and there was no mailslot, so unless he changed it out it is not an ss. It is very possible that is how he bought it like that, thats what it sounded like to me.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #19
alex5252

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Do you not think if this really happened the OP would have taken a picture? I know I would have!!
I did not want to look like a douche for taking pictures of an accident, even though he somewhat deserved it i still felt bad. There were also a few people around and there happened to be a cop in the parking lot that saw it happen. So i didnt think pictures were the best thing to do at the time.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #20
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex5252 View Post
Yesterday while on a road trip i happened to stop at at local store and while driving by I notice this...

I couldnt help but laugh and go take a picture of it, it was an auto 2lt rs. As i was talking the picture the owner of the vehicle walks up and says "its beautiful isnt it" I responded " Yeah, but i think it has a confused identity, it thinks its a corvette" The guy then tells me "It has the same engine as the new 2011 corvette so chevy decided to put the same V emblem on" I just laughed and said "Really, i am 100% sure that is not true, that my friend, is a v-6" He then says to me "Thats just because your a punk a** kid who knows nothing about cars and wishes you had a car like this" At this point i pointed two rows over to my black 2lt rs and said "Really, if thats true, why do i own that 2lt camaro over there, with the same engine as yours...and look, thats a chevy emblem, its not a corvette" I now walked back to my car, leaving this guy extremly pissed off.

Now the best part... he was so mad when he stormed out of there he tried to drift and ended up smashing into another car
Instead of being sarcastic with him, you should have been alittle nicer. Both of you guys own V6's, so why even bash him?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #21
alex5252

[QUOTE=MY1STCAMAR0;3556407]Instead of being sarcastic with him, you should have been alittle nicer. Both of you guys own V6's, so why even bash him?[/QUOTE

It is impossible to express the tone of voice i used over the internet, but i did not become sarcastic until he called me a punk a** kid, I know i am only 16 but that does not mean i know nothing about cars.

P.s. My car was not given to me, i saved since i was 8 years old for a car and payed for over 95% of it and i pay my own insurance. Just dont want people thinking im a spoiled brat.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #22
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I believe the entire story except the guy crashing his car. I believe that was added to pump up his story a little. You take pics of the vette emblem on the camaro but none of the supposed crash. Come on.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #23
alex5252

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I believe the entire story except the guy crashing his car. I believe that was added to pump up his story a little. You take pics of the vette emblem on the camaro but none of the supposed crash. Come on.
As i said before, there was a cop. Not sure how he would have felt about me taking picture but i didnt want to find out. You dont have to believe me, thats fine with me. I know what happened is true and not sure why i would want to pump up my story?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #24
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
lots of going on in here...

everyone feeling better about themselves now???

Closed.

Closed Thread