The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-04-2021, 11:07 AM   #15
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
But that's what I was getting at earlier. Contractors aren't going to want a crew cab (only) truck with a very small bed.

This feels like the re-invention of the Ford Sport Trac, but smaller.
you would think that, but I would have also thought contractors wouldn't buy the small transit vans yet those are insanely popular. So I guess time will tell
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 03:07 PM   #16
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
GM needs a reborn S-10. I like my Colorado but I think Maverick's going to hit a sweet spot in the market.
Really need Chevy Montana in here to answer Ford and Hyundai.
Old 06-05-2021, 04:23 PM   #17
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
For some of us old(er) guys, the Maverick was a two door, rear wheel drive “compact” from the 1970s that competed with the Chevy Nova and the Dodge Dart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Maverick_(1970)

Interesting that they rebranded the name as a truck although it probably goes with the Bronco idea in terms of horse based naming.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:13 PM   #18

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post
For some of us old(er) guys, the Maverick was a two door, rear wheel drive “compact” from the 1970s that competed with the Chevy Nova and the Dodge Dart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Maverick_(1970)

Interesting that they rebranded the name as a truck although it probably goes with the Bronco idea in terms of horse based naming.
The old Ford Maverick car logo was the head of an unbranded long-horn steer ...Probably better suited for a truck than a car...lol...

Still,as you say, related to the Mustang, Bronco, Pinto open range animal theme...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:23 PM   #19
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Stealing a post from GMI:

2.5L Hybrid Standard (FWD Only) Pricing begins just under $20K (2,000 lbs towing)
2.0L FWD/AWD (8-Speed) 250hp/277lb-ft (4,000lb Towing)
Bed Dimensions 4.5' x 4', 1,500lb Payload
Drainable Storage Under Rear Seat for Ice
Ford will emphasize "Built Ford Tough" in the debut, designed to be even more durable than Bronco Sport or Escape.
No Pro-Power stuff on the Hybrid, just a 400W bed outlet.

Old 06-08-2021, 07:40 AM   #20
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
SO it is basically a Ridgeline? sort of

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:51 AM   #21
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
SO it is basically a Ridgeline? sort of
Yeah pretty much or a modern Explorer Sport trac

It's decent looking. I figured out what I don't like about the front end. the head lights. They are to big for the vehicle IMO. They look so massive and out of place.

Interior looks nice. there was some dimensions posted on twitter earlier

its 199.7 long compared to the ranger at 210.8 So it's not that much smaller. I think the commercial side will still gobble this up but curious to see how it does in the residential side....and even as I say that I realize this would be perfect for me haha.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:19 AM   #22

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Under 20K to start and a Hybrid at that...sounds reasonable. A single cab 2-Door for even less would be nice.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:27 AM   #23
FarmerFran

I guess it is ok, I am a full size truck guy. But I camp and tow in the 4k to 10K range so 1500 and up for me.

But I can see this as a decent weekend warrior/Lowes-HomeDepot truck doubling as a DD.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:14 AM   #24
67-LS1

Drives: 1966 Chevelle
$20k hybrid pickup? They’ll sell the crap out of these. Even though dealers will add markup in the beginning.
Ford plans 120k units a year to start.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:21 AM   #25
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
GM better not phone in the 3rd gen Colorado. It’s been successful so far but the Bronco and Ranger share the same chassis. Ford could really boost the Ranger’s off-road performance for the next generation with stuff from the Bronco. GM dropped the ball with the Blazer. They could have easily done the Blazer on the Colorado platform and a Trailblazer cross over, like Ford did with the Bronco and Bronco Sport.
Easily is relative. Design? Sure. Manufacture? Hard to say. They would need to have a plant location with capability to manufacture the RWD 31XX platform. Maybe Wentzville has enough available capacity (too lazy to check right now). If so, that would’ve worked. If not, then they would’ve had to squeeze it into a plant making Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade/Suburban. That ain’t gonna happen for a number of rea$on$. Then there’s CAFE.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:27 AM   #26
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yeah pretty much or a modern Explorer Sport trac

It's decent looking. I figured out what I don't like about the front end. the head lights. They are to big for the vehicle IMO. They look so massive and out of place.

Interior looks nice. there was some dimensions posted on twitter earlier

its 199.7 long compared to the ranger at 210.8 So it's not that much smaller. I think the commercial side will still gobble this up but curious to see how it does in the residential side....and even as I say that I realize this would be perfect for me haha.
It will be interesting to see if they get snapped up into short range delivery service fleets. Especially if you drop a locking tonneau or topper on it. Fleets tend to be all about total cost of operation. A low purchase price with low fuel consumption fits the bill if the vehicle is easily converted into a package hauler.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:02 AM   #27
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Easily is relative. Design? Sure. Manufacture? Hard to say. They would need to have a plant location with capability to manufacture the RWD 31XX platform. Maybe Wentzville has enough available capacity (too lazy to check right now). If so, that would’ve worked. If not, then they would’ve had to squeeze it into a plant making Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade/Suburban. That ain’t gonna happen for a number of rea$on$. Then there’s CAFE.

Wentzville doesn't seem to have enough capacity just for the midsize trucks, much less the full size vans plus a BOF SUV too.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:14 AM   #28
FarmerFran

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/ford-mav...135000667.html