The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-22-2021, 09:59 AM   #43
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I read somewhere the engineers are so tired of people not removing them (they're shipping protection wrap if anyone really wants to know) that they considered making them some other awful color like pink so people would tear them off because they look bad
I was calling bullshit on this as in why would some engineer (or anyone for that matter) give a $hit what anyone did with their car? Turns out they actually do have an issue with it! Apparently they’ll be making them purple from now on.

Not that this is a tragedy, very few folks leaving them on. So what’s the big deal? That’s almost the moral equivalent of repainting your car a non factory color and they get all upset because it was never meant to be the color you repainted it.

Make cars. Sell cars. But keep out of people’s business after they buy them.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:12 AM   #44
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
I was calling bullshit on this as in why would some engineer (or anyone for that matter) give a $hit what anyone did with their car? Turns out they actually do have an issue with it! Apparently they’ll be making them purple from now on.

Not that this is a tragedy, very few folks leaving them on. So what’s the big deal? That’s almost the moral equivalent of repainting your car a non factory color and they get all upset because it was never meant to be the color you repainted it.

Make cars. Sell cars. But keep out of people’s business after they buy them.

I agree and i never got a good reason why they want them off. One thing i will say, it is just barley held on by 4 push pins and the lip. So maybe fear of coming off? I think it looks stupid so i took it off. But i agree to each their own.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:38 PM   #45
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
I saw a Camaro owner put yellow floaties on their splitter at a car show

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 03:55 PM   #46
FarmerFran

I put the 392 on the back today. Used to be a Chrome DODGE.
Attached Images

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:15 AM   #47
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I think you should install one of these in the rear window and get back into a Camaro.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2021, 10:41 PM   #48
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
I agree and i never got a good reason why they want them off. One thing i will say, it is just barley held on by 4 push pins and the lip. So maybe fear of coming off? I think it looks stupid so i took it off. But i agree to each their own.
The reason why Dodge wants you to remove them and thus the color change to motivate customers to leave them off has to do with people trying to file warranty paint claims after they do take them off and the splitter is all scratched up.

The shipping protectors are not water tight. Driving during the rain, or washing the car causes the debris in the water to get trapped. This debris scratches the paint, and people bitch about the paint being defective from factory.

*Note, I'm talking about the cars with the body colored splitters.

Seems like common sense, but you know, some people aren't common.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:49 AM   #49
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
you need to put it on the front of the car that way the camaro and mustang owners know if they're dragging a 6.4 car or not. take the guesswork out.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:04 PM   #50
FarmerFran

Installed the Magnaflow Xmod with the straight pipes today. The car sounds awesome now.