Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 11-25-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
pumalex

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro
Race car underway, extreme weight saving

i didn't take the time to take a lot of pictures of the process but we are building a race car out of a 2.0 and we really want to get the weight down, here is where we are at right now, cleaning in the wiring harness, didn't weight it yet but that is going to be good for at least 10 more pounds of unused wires but mostly it will be a lot cleaner and easier to work with when we are done.

I'll try to take more pictures as we progress on the project if that is of interest to anyone
Attached Images

pumalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
in for updates !
Old 11-25-2020, 10:25 AM   #3
D K

Drives: C5
Nice!

What are you hoping get it down to?

Also, what class are you racing in?
D K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:34 AM   #4
pumalex

We are racing in a local serie here in Quebec/Ontario that is called Super Production Challenge.

Last time we weighted it it was at 2930 with stock doors and stock driver seat. With the addition of the cage, we beleive it should end up under 2900, at least that is what we are hoping for. It will get a carbon hood, doors, trunk and fenders.

We are sending it to get the cage done next week, we will weight it just before sending it and will weight it right when it comes back to see the weight of the cage just for fun.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:52 AM   #5
pumalex

If you guys want to follow the progress, you can see us on facebook, our team name is BP3Dcompetition. Here are some more pictures i found in my phone, front and rear suspension, aluminum flywheel and custom exhaust we built ourself, not perfect but for a bunch of amateur i think we did good.

sorry some are on the side, don't know how to bring them back to normal
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2020, 04:15 PM   #6
stealthmr

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Looking forward to seeing this build!
stealthmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:43 PM   #7
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmr View Post
Looking forward to seeing this build!
+1
Old 11-25-2020, 06:15 PM   #8
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Does the series give you a weight brake based on true power or dyno'd power numbers and / or displacement / forced induction? Obviously the weight will be down with the 2.0T vs. a 6.2L, but wondering why that combo for you. What are your engine plans with it?
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 06:26 PM   #9
pumalex

yeah the serie works with a power/weight ratio but no matter the weight, the cars must be under 300whp. We could have gone the V6 way but felt the 2L had more torque, easier to tune and lighter. Everyone is running on the same tire, it is a street tire, BFG Rival S and everyone has the same size also. V8s are prohibited and V6 are accepted but they must remain under 300whp. The goal of the serie is to keep the average cost of running as low as possible with cars that are simple without too much engine modification. We rarely see blown engine compared to the other serie here in Canada (CTCC) where a full season cost over 150k$ if you want to be competitive.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:38 PM   #10
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumalex View Post
yeah the serie works with a power/weight ratio but no matter the weight, the cars must be under 300whp. We could have gone the V6 way but felt the 2L had more torque, easier to tune and lighter. Everyone is running on the same tire, it is a street tire, BFG Rival S and everyone has the same size also. V8s are prohibited and V6 are accepted but they must remain under 300whp. The goal of the serie is to keep the average cost of running as low as possible with cars that are simple without too much engine modification. We rarely see blown engine compared to the other serie here in Canada (CTCC) where a full season cost over 150k$ if you want to be competitive.
Thanks for the clarification. How is the 300whp policed, by dyno at the track or what? Sounds like a fun series.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 08:15 PM   #11
pumalex

yeah teams need to bring a dyno sheet but honestly, i don't think it is all that much respected, what they do is that every racer has to have an AIM device (SoloDL or MXL) and everyone has to provide the datas after each race and if the marshals consider that a car is too powerfull they will limit it. What they want is that everyone on the field has the same kind of acceleration. Remember that this is an amateur local serie so they don't have that big of a budget to watch everything, they just want to make sure it is fair and i can tell you that all the drivers want it to be fair. When one has more power than the others, it shows and you wil get a lot of complain...
Old 11-25-2020, 08:21 PM   #12
pumalex

I built custom seats brackets, total cost was 25$ instead of paying 600$ for the Brey Kraus brackets. Built one for the passenger seat too so the sponsors and the family can get a ride in a lapping event from time to time. Pretty happy with those for the price it ended up costing.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2020, 08:22 PM   #13
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Where is the Ontario track? If they let across the border in 2021 I live just across the River.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 08:34 PM   #14
pumalex

2021 calendar isn't out yet but i kow for sure we are going to go to Shannonville as well as Calabogie, went to Mosport 2 years ago but don't know if we are going back this year. Other tracks are usually ICAR in Quebec and the Grand Prix of Trois-Rivičres. We are still trying to race Tremblant but it is hard, we are only able to do lapping there or the Classics which is supposed to be more of a gentlemen racing thing with brackets and all, not really our type of thing.