Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-08-2021, 06:36 AM   #15
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
You don't get knocked for anything other that thinking you removed restriction, changed the sound, blah blah blah...you didn't do anything except to lighten your wallet of money. Making claims about it is how you start to get roasted. You dough and go but don't claim things we know aren't true.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:04 AM   #16
djcwardog

Drives: Various!
Wonder if yours would fit…?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundNemo View Post
Ignore the folks who are upset at how you spend your money. If you like it and are happy, that's all that matters. Seems like so many folks have a keyboard built for a**hole commentary only these days lol.

Shameless plug that I am selling those deletes and they are posted up in the classifieds if you are looking for a rear axleback affordably. They are true 3" pipes, Total flow 5" race mufflers welded up, OEM tips and ProCryo cermaic coating in black (similar to Jet Hot). This would eliminate the last of the rear small pipe sections. I went with Corsa to have a quieter note after other exhaust mods, but it sounded fabulous on stock cats/x pipe.

Good luck sir either way! Link to the axleback: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594199
…One of my other vain attempts to enjoy the hobby - my 2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman “Farm Truck.” Strange but the only claim I can find that I made on the deletes was that my ears detected an increase and change in the sound made when I floor it. My ears, my opinion - qualified as such - and in this land of the free, I stand by it. Everything else seems to be others projecting their opinions onto me. I guess they might think that I blew it by following the early lead of another forum member who inspired me to source the parts and retrofit the HUD into my 2021 LT1 car - then post up a DIY for the process building on that OP’s great work on his 2017.

Anyway, back to the best nature of our hobby - sharing ideas and encouraging one another as we enjoy what is almost by definition an expression of vanity - driving and modifying niche-market cars that more than fill a need to get from one place to another. Thinking of your custom parts here, I put a Flowmaster American Thunder 1-2 series 40 kit on the truck after finding some take-off 20” wheels/tires from an uplevel 4-door model. I also retrofitted factory fog lights and used AlphaOBD to code the BCM to turn them off/on - as from the factory. This exhaust system is loud! My wife needed the truck and told me that I “really need to fix that broken exhaust.” Amazingly, there’s just a little drone in the (regular) cab at highway speeds but maybe the 8’ bed helps keep the noise away! I was thinking of finding a second factory resonator from a take-off and having my shop weld the pair in much like like the OEM single. Then I saw your post.

I’d normally PM you to ask but I thought I’d post the idea here. With a few key measurements from you I could check fit and have my shop weld yours in at the final bend - or use the straight rear-exit section they provided in the kit - to get a custom look at the exits. The work on yours looks first-rate. Now to find a 10” tall three section rear spoiler, fender flares, and a lift kit! (Joking on all of those)! I will PM you about the possible purchase though.
Attached Images

2021 Camaro LT1 MN6 WRS Package. GJ1 (Shadow Gray Met), H1T (Jet Black interior), NPP (Dual Mode Exhaust), Y3W (Tech Pkg), 5JX (20” black satin split-spoke wheels). Upgraded from IOS to IOT Radio. Hooker Blackheart No Crush Kit. Retrofit UHS Cluster and HUD.
djcwardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:40 AM   #17
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Thanks for sharing djcwardog... I looked these myself. Forget the negative feedback, trying things is part of being a car guy. Hell, I use a KN cai, and you think because I did not follow the rotofab solution, I'm a complete idiot.

Enjoy...
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:43 AM   #18
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I too did the Blackheart crush pipe delete. The Mechanical Engineer in me was bothered by the shape of the stock crushed area, like blowing through a straw when pinching it between your fingers. The exhaust on my NPP system sounds good to me and better now after this mod, and I too have the Rotofab, a Mamo V2 ported throttle body, and the Velossa scoop. I also saw the Mishimoto Dyno runs before I pulled the trigger. It wasn't much cost, and I did it for my pleasure for the same reasons several have posted here. It's part of the joy of owning cars like this, and has been since the mid 70's for me.

What I didn't like was the Hooker directions provided giving vague cutting dimensions, so I was very careful about measurements and mocking it up before making an expensive mistake cutting the stock pipes. I think the directions provided could have been more specific, but that too is part of the joy of shade tree mechanics and mods.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:32 PM   #19
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcwardog View Post
…One of my other vain attempts to enjoy the hobby - my 2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman “Farm Truck.” Strange but the only claim I can find that I made on the deletes was that my ears detected an increase and change in the sound made when I floor it. My ears, my opinion - qualified as such - and in this land of the free, I stand by it. Everything else seems to be others projecting their opinions onto me. I guess they might think that I blew it by following the early lead of another forum member who inspired me to source the parts and retrofit the HUD into my 2021 LT1 car - then post up a DIY for the process building on that OP’s great work on his 2017.

Anyway, back to the best nature of our hobby - sharing ideas and encouraging one another as we enjoy what is almost by definition an expression of vanity - driving and modifying niche-market cars that more than fill a need to get from one place to another. Thinking of your custom parts here, I put a Flowmaster American Thunder 1-2 series 40 kit on the truck after finding some take-off 20” wheels/tires from an uplevel 4-door model. I also retrofitted factory fog lights and used AlphaOBD to code the BCM to turn them off/on - as from the factory. This exhaust system is loud! My wife needed the truck and told me that I “really need to fix that broken exhaust.” Amazingly, there’s just a little drone in the (regular) cab at highway speeds but maybe the 8’ bed helps keep the noise away! I was thinking of finding a second factory resonator from a take-off and having my shop weld the pair in much like like the OEM single. Then I saw your post.

I’d normally PM you to ask but I thought I’d post the idea here. With a few key measurements from you I could check fit and have my shop weld yours in at the final bend - or use the straight rear-exit section they provided in the kit - to get a custom look at the exits. The work on yours looks first-rate. Now to find a 10” tall three section rear spoiler, fender flares, and a lift kit! (Joking on all of those)! I will PM you about the possible purchase though.
Dam Dog- here I was thinking you needed a little defense after you got the usual "wasted your money" on the crush delete option and then you go and do a better job of it than I could hope to! Enjoy the ride and if you really wanna get some heat, throw a Velossa intake on her. That's the dumbest thing to waste your money on...!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:50 AM   #20
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
If you want little more louder later then second cat delete is good. It was perfect imo.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2021, 09:35 AM   #21
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
As a card-carrying money burner myself, these are interesting, must check into them...
Old 07-12-2021, 11:04 PM   #22
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Yep been tested with the stock bent pipes and with unbent. Absolutely no difference in performance.
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:01 PM   #23
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
I’m with others seeing that crushed pipe triggers my OCD.

Even in my car it’s not really hurting power, but it still bothers me.

Good to know someone makes them.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:56 PM   #24
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Good to know someone makes them.
exhaust shops have made them for decades...
Old 07-15-2021, 08:04 PM   #25
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j View Post
If you want little more louder later then second cat delete is good. It was perfect imo.
Sadly all the companies that were making them have discontinued them.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:10 AM   #26
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Sadly all the companies that were making them have discontinued them.
I still see them.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:44 AM   #27
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
exhaust shops have made them for decades...
For a car only heading into its 7th year of production?

I get what you’re saying, but I’m my own exhaust shop. Yeah, I could probably dig through some of my old left over components from when I made complete exhaust systems & find something close, or order some mandrels & cut & weld them. Another option is to just order these for a direct fit & save myself a lot of time & hassle.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 01:45 AM   #28
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I get that the mishimoto test showed no power gains on a stock car, but I think it's a little off to think they would make absolutely no difference on a car with say headers and "free flowing" mid pipes.

Kind of reminds me of the 1 7/8ths vs 2" header debates, where 2" basically made no difference according to many especially early on in the 6th gen game. The guys that say headers basically gain nothing over stock tri y's + cat delete. Or how a CAI makes no difference on a stock car but once you add some more induction mods it'll start making somewhat of a difference. Even if a small one. There's a true no difference where it adds 0, and then there's basically no difference or not worth the money. The later is more subjective.

I've seen the tests where guys made 800+ on a supercharged setup with the crush pipes, and while obviously it doesn't restrict to the point of it limiting power at that level, that doesn't show that I wouldn't have made a tad more without the crush pipes.

In the NA world, especially bolt ons, every hp is hard to come by. I would have liked to have seen some data on crush pipe delete vs crush pipe on a bolt on car. Particularly interesting for those of us with TSP headers + xpipe or ARH intermediate system where the xpipe doesn't go all the way back to the axle back and you still have the crush pipe.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote