Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-06-2023, 01:18 PM   #1
LazarUSAffects

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Alky methanol kit help please

Hello, I would please like some help. In advance if this is the wrong section please move. I have always had a GM vehicle with varying mods. Never with Methanol, good or bad I don't know. First vehicle I purchased with mods already traded my 13 ZL1. Trying to get info from Dealer I purchased from is quite the experience. Once paper work is signed and 3 states over. 18 Zl1 has a Cam(unknown), Roto fab big gulp, upper, lower pulley(at work but can get specifics), DSX fuel sensor, Alky meth kit. Tuned for both E30,running 93 for now. Catch can, and stock fuel system. Possibly missing some items. I was given extra Methanol in a windshield washer bottle, pretty nice of them. But had to work a little bit with them to determine it is VIP M1. And having after driven 700 + miles or so and visually checking windshield washer reservoir. I used a little over half of what I was giving to refill. This was after the long drive. Sorry for the long post, should come together shortly. After Googling and eventually reading post on here and Camaro5. I believe I have the 2 nozzle kit, 1 from the windshield reservoir and one to the intake. Which makes sense at what I see. From my homework, I do have 2 leds, 1 red and 1 white. Which, this will sound funny never light up. Since I have driven the vehicle through 3 states to get back. And up until now a month later? I know, your probably wondering, how hasn't the engine gone kaboom.lol I also for the life of me can't locate the controller. I at first did not know that I was using as much and thought. Once I started to check it more, thought there may be a leak according to what I have read. That and the fact that I was told it would only spray at a certain RPM. I realized that its probably set for a lower RPM. Because I mainly just cruise around with the wifey and kid. Thats about all I can think of plus lunch is done.lol Any help or response would be appreciated. Thanks
LazarUSAffects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 02:37 PM   #2
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Not to be rude but what are your actual questions?
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 04:01 PM   #3
LazarUSAffects

That's fine. Taken alot more then that and still manage to smile.lol That's it, I have a Katech throttle body, and not sure but the dealer said may have a Katreh oil pump as well, Thanks. I think what happen was I got into all the Methanol is bad/can go bad posts. I'm thinking, if I drove the car all those miles. And didn't need the controller or led lights. Then all is well, cars runs good, and there was no need to post to begin with? Thanks!
Old 09-07-2023, 06:54 AM   #4
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Completely bizarre post, and I am with Mike... what are the questions?
"I believe I have the 2 nozzle kit, 1 from the windshield reservoir and one to the intake."- WTH is that? Do you not know how many nozzles you have and where they are installed? Both nozzles should be at the intake usually...
I could go on here but I will refrain to asking more questions about this post...lol
Old 09-07-2023, 06:55 AM   #5
Katech_Mike

You should take this car to a professional and have it looked over to ensure everything is working as intended.
Old 09-07-2023, 08:53 AM   #6
LazarUSAffects

Lol, I do apologize if my post is quite confusing and incoherent. I had a time crunch(short lunch) and unfortunately, my post was basically a hot mess. For that I apologize.The goal is to go to a shop. Was just curious if anyone else had the experience. On my unique situation where. I believe the alky kit is working. But, I drove 700 miles or so, and did not refill. Along with the fact that I initially did not know there was a controller and what the led lights functions were for is all. Thank you for your time.
Old 09-07-2023, 09:06 AM   #7
Katech_Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarUSAffects View Post
Lol, I do apologize if my post is quite confusing and incoherent. I had a time crunch(short lunch) and unfortunately, my post was basically a hot mess. For that I apologize.The goal is to go to a shop. Was just curious if anyone else had the experience. On my unique situation where. I believe the alky kit is working. But, I drove 700 miles or so, and did not refill. Along with the fact that I initially did not know there was a controller and what the led lights functions were for is all. Thank you for your time.
The system is only triggered once in boost. So if you were driving around normally and not in boost I wouldn't expect the system to use very much meth.
Old 09-07-2023, 11:15 AM   #8
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
If it's using Alky with part throttle driving then it's set to come on way too early. Shouldn't even need until around 4psi of boost. Maybe even a little higher but it just depends on the setup.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 02:31 PM   #9
LazarUSAffects

Hypothetically speaking, if per se the kit was tuned just for cooling engine temp. Could I have been able to drive all those miles with no Methanol? I believe that is what happened. I eventually checked a couple weeks later after the 700 mile drive back. Just to see if it needed to be refilled and ended up using 2/3rds of 1GAL bottle of the M1 Methanol. Thank you for the responses.
Old 09-08-2023, 02:36 PM   #10
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
If it's using Alky with part throttle driving then it's set to come on way too early. Shouldn't even need until around 4psi of boost. Maybe even a little higher but it just depends on the setup.

hmm have you ever personally run methanol? Just wondering
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 04:00 PM   #11
LazarUSAffects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
No, it is the one mod I have never had. It was already installed on the Camaro.
Old 09-10-2023, 09:59 AM   #12
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Not on my car. I have tuned a couple cars with it.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote