Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-24-2023, 07:23 PM   #15
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Its nice to see guys with FI publishing their uncorrected dyno numbers. I like DI and went all in with E85, but alas no E85 in Hawaii so I don't know what to do, boost juice or octane booster don't know. I have 92 octane pump E10 and 89 pump E0, don't get on it much so maybe boost juice would work as i'd use say a gallon every 4 months, octane booster would also work since I fill up one every few months (got other toys to drive) I'd be interested on what your thoughts are of octane booster and no I don't want to stop by the rack to fill up on race gas (might really be an option considering how much I drive LOL).
So you only have 91 octane?
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 01:47 AM   #16
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
So you only have 91 octane?
92 octane E10 or 89 octane E-Zero. I've heard E-zero response better to octane booster. Both are readily available. I had the car tuned for 93 octane at 7 PSI on a 4" wheel?? it has been years and 9 or so PSI on E85 from memory that was a 3.85 wheel.

I'd like to keep the 4" wheel but may have to go the 4.15" wheel and say 6 PSI. I have forged 11.2 pistons. I can install 10.25 pistons but if I go that far, i'd change the crank to the L8T and I like the boostline rods.. I just don't know how far I can go easily on 92 octane and either meth or I probably prefer octane booster. Oh well, lucky it is a toy.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 06:29 AM   #17
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
(I use Meth for cooling not fueling)
And thats what breaks motors.

im 930 on meth and 93 with stock cam valves and springs lt4 fuel and jms booster,,, o u caint do that. lol

o the passers oners i heard i read take my money[/QUOTE] Is that slang or Tenn talk? haha

LMAO..... I don't know who told you that or you are not educated on meth...
I run full E and use meth for cooling and keeping those valves clean. Replacing the meth pump every couple of years is no biggie. Based on your numbers you posted and your set up, yours will break much sooner than mine especially with your weak links. Build that motor correctly and it will last. (I can only assume you have no availability to E so that is why you are using meth and 93 for fuel- I get that but the E route is a much better choice than using meth for fueling if E is available in your area)

Last edited by adamjwilson; 08-25-2023 at 06:51 AM.
adamjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 08:08 AM   #18
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
And thats what breaks motors.

im 930 on meth and 93 with stock cam valves and springs lt4 fuel and jms booster,,, o u caint do that. lol

o the passers oners i heard i read take my money
Is that slang or Tenn talk? haha

LMAO..... I don't know who told you that or you are not educated on meth...
I run full E and use meth for cooling and keeping those valves clean. Replacing the meth pump every couple of years is no biggie. Based on your numbers you posted and your set up, yours will break much sooner than mine especially with your weak links. Build that motor correctly and it will last. (I can only assume you have no availability to E so that is why you are using meth and 93 for fuel- I get that but the E route is a much better choice than using meth for fueling if E is available in your area)[/QUOTE]

Let me ask u this. When you let off the gas what does your afr do?
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 12:27 PM   #19
adamjwilson

First, I don't have an AFR gauge in the car. However if I recall correctly, reading the HP Tuners while my Tuner and I took it out some time ago doing some logs, it was running 12.7-13.0 on E, and somewhere around 14ish at idle. You on pump 93, you probably running a tad richer. E allows the ability to run a little leaner due to being superior at cooling the combustion process and pulling heat out of the cylinder.
My car is set up the way I want it for the street (not strip), so I am not the type to continue to run logs to tweek the tune.
Old 08-25-2023, 02:54 PM   #20
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I don't understand why "the ability to run leaner on E" is a good thing. Max rich HP on E or M is much higher than gas and it don't hurt anything and provides more charge cooling. That has been well document for 50+ years. Note I'm not saying a/f for max HP, I saying E and M have a very high tolerance for running really really rich and making good HP + charge cooling especially if you have a DI system than can take it.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 12:08 AM   #21
Kerry

Quote:
First, I don't have an AFR gauge in the car. However if I recall correctly, reading the HP Tuners while my Tuner and I took it out some time ago doing some logs, it was running 12.7-13.0 on E, and somewhere around 14ish at idle. You on pump 93, you probably running a tad richer. E allows the ability to run a little leaner due to being superior at cooling the combustion process and pulling heat out of the cylinder.
My car is set up the way I want it for the street (not strip), so I am not the type to continue to run logs to tweek the tune.

O ps Fran is just so broke up cause u wont let him touch your car. lol sweet dreams sunshine.

Last edited by Kerry; 08-26-2023 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-28-2023, 07:27 AM   #22
adamjwilson

Quote:
O ps Fran is just so broke up cause u wont let him touch your car. lol sweet dreams sunshine.
Keep running that pump gas and let Fran work on your car lil bro
Old 08-28-2023, 07:37 AM   #23
adamjwilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I don't understand why "the ability to run leaner on E" is a good thing. Max rich HP on E or M is much higher than gas and it don't hurt anything and provides more charge cooling. That has been well document for 50+ years. Note I'm not saying a/f for max HP, I saying E and M have a very high tolerance for running really really rich and making good HP + charge cooling especially if you have a DI system than can take it.
KingLT1 answered this in another thread pretty simple "Ethanol fuel is our savior. It's ability to pull heat out of the cylinders allows the LT1 to go a lot further on boost vs pump gas. 700-750whp on E60 is where I would draw the line vs 550whp on pump gas." (without forged internals) You can run cooler and leaner on E. Agree with what you said at the end of your thread.
Old 08-28-2023, 08:20 AM   #24
Kerry

Quote:
Keep running that pump gas and let Fran work on your car lil bro
over 70000 miles now. Maybe I will risk it But then again maybe I should listed to some one who is so smart they don't even know how to tune a car or wait even have an afr gauge.

P.S. I would be your DADDY!!! boy
Old 08-28-2023, 09:00 AM   #25
adamjwilson

Quote:
over 70000 miles now. Maybe I will risk it But then again maybe I should listed to some one who is so smart they don't even know how to tune a car or wait even have an afr gauge.

P.S. I would be your DADDY!!! boy
Bring it lil man

Go troll somewhere else and stop hiding behind the screen

Old 08-28-2023, 11:33 AM   #26
Kerry

DA 2200 ft car went too rich here to 10.0 cause I never tried it at this power level and the maf was tuned rich that far up.
93 and meth with lt4 injectors and pump with STOCK intank and jms booster

Wonder what would happen if I let that d1x really eat.

Because its a procharger with 315 nitto 2s I can hook that in second gear on in warm weather. Just barley tho lol
Car has hundreds i do mean hundreds of pulls on 850 wheel with stock valve train no e85 who needs it? not me. Im not locked to any area that has e85 cause I dont need it to make killer power. I go on all kinds of trips with this car. and I can hit it at anytime.

P.S. If i drive it normal gets 26 mpg verses 18 or less when running run e 50 or 60.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kerry; 08-28-2023 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-28-2023, 01:19 PM   #27
ZL1Atlanta

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
I feel like there is some context missing to some of these posts, but I took meth injection off when I went port injection. With a real full system I am able to run Ignite Red at over 1400 RWHP, and that does make a measurable amount of additional power over pump E85 or even X85. I wouldn't say I'm against meth injection, but when you are already pushing almost everything in the build to its limits, it's nice to be able to remove one more thing to look after. I did have two pumps randomly fail with one being only 6 months old. Nothing blew up, but an inconvenience nonetheless.

Built by Vengeance Racing, tuned by Elite Tuned
ZL1Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 08:09 AM   #28
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Up in the north east E fuel is non-existant. I personally have installed 100's of Alky control kit's myself. 0 failures. Done correctly it is a very reliable setup and can support lot's of power.
My personal car 10 years ago ran pump 93/2 nozzles full bore. Raced in the local X275 series. 85 passes that year,came in 2nd and the motor was never apart,tune not changed (factory 411pcm) Just proved Methanol injection works just fineif done correctly.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote