#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-26-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
Car Shakes Under Acceleration

wasn't quite sure where to post this.. so I thought I might as well post it here..my car has recently hit around 4500 and ive noticed that when under mid to heavy acceleration the whole car shakes... well its more like the front end.. at first I thought I was a bad alignment. but I just had the car realigned at 1500. also when it comes to cruising speed its smooth.. this only happens when I accelerated.... was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what it could be.
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
My car has always done the same. It's just vibration it seems. Can feel it under 60-70 throttle scenarios
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #3
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Where do you feel the shaking the most? In the steering wheel? In the floor pan where your feet rest? In the seat? Is it more of a buzzing/vibration that you feel? I'd be very surprised if it was coming from the front suspension under acceleration if there's nothing in under cruising or braking.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Read this whole thread. I'm willing to bet you are experiencing the same thing. Nothing bad just an odd Harmonic vibration that the car has.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...gine+vibration
Old 07-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #5
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
My car has always done the same. It's just vibration it seems. Can feel it under 60-70 throttle scenarios
yeah its more of a rumble I guess.. but I didn't notice it when I first got the car.. only recently it has been doing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
Where do you feel the shaking the most? In the steering wheel? In the floor pan where your feet rest? In the seat? Is it more of a buzzing/vibration that you feel? I'd be very surprised if it was coming from the front suspension under acceleration if there's nothing in under cruising or braking.
some in the steering wheel that's why I thought it had something to do with the alignment. but if its a bad alignment I should be able to feel it on high speed also. its not really a buzzing but more of a vibration/rumble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Read this whole thread. I'm willing to bet you are experiencing the same thing. Nothing bad just an odd Harmonic vibration that the car has.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...gine+vibration
good reading info.. im gonna have to try recreating this situation.. but mine does it under any gear when accelerating.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:49 AM   #6
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

If you are specifically noting it through the wheel and have already done an alignment then get the tires re balanced.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #7
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Yeah, I don't think you are talking about the normal slight harmonic drivetrain vibration these cars can get. As mentioned in the thread mjk3888 posted, as that is pretty slight, occurs only in a certain rpm range, and seems to only be in 3rd and 4th gears too. It really won't be noticed under normal driving conditions at all.

If you are saying you feel it in every gear when you accelerate, and in the steering wheel, you have something else going on for sure...could be so many things, tire balance issue, exhaust hitting some place, loose heat shield, etc, etc...
Old 07-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #8
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
If you are specifically noting it through the wheel and have already done an alignment then get the tires re balanced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Yeah, I don't think you are talking about the normal slight harmonic drivetrain vibration these cars can get. As mentioned in the thread mjk3888 posted, as that is pretty slight, occurs only in a certain rpm range, and seems to only be in 3rd and 4th gears too. It really won't be noticed under normal driving conditions at all.

If you are saying you feel it in every gear when you accelerate, and in the steering wheel, you have something else going on for sure...could be so many things, tire balance issue, exhaust hitting some place, loose heat shield, etc, etc...
Well tested it out when I went to lunch.. so it doesn't matter what gear im in or RPM.. I only get the rumble or vibration when under mid to heavy acceleration. now like I said.. I thought it would be the wheels or alignment.. but when I let off the gas still going 70mph its super smooth.. no rumble or vibration
Old 07-26-2017, 01:46 PM   #9
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
Well tested it out when I went to lunch.. so it doesn't matter what gear im in or RPM.. I only get the rumble or vibration when under mid to heavy acceleration. now like I said.. I thought it would be the wheels or alignment.. but when I let off the gas still going 70mph its super smooth.. no rumble or vibration
Take it to the dealer and recreate the issue for them. Maybe its a diff issue. Who knows. Best to let the warranty take car of it.
Old 03-05-2021, 07:55 AM   #10
Boosted2.0

Drives: 2017 camaro 2.0 lt
My car is shaking, it’s shakes when I turn it on and when I’m on the throttle, I see white smoke coming out the back when I press the gas. The smell is kind of burnt type of smell, I’m not sure what it is.
Boosted2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:01 AM   #11
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
wasn't quite sure where to post this.. so I thought I might as well post it here..my car has recently hit around 4500 and ive noticed that when under mid to heavy acceleration the whole car shakes... well its more like the front end.. at first I thought I was a bad alignment. but I just had the car realigned at 1500. also when it comes to cruising speed its smooth.. this only happens when I accelerated.... was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what it could be.
What changes have been made from stock?
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote