Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-23-2016, 12:12 PM   #15
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bildo View Post
I personally wouldn't screw with E-85 unless I was doing FI or nitrous just spending money for not really too much benefit.
For E85? with high compression is why I wanna do E85. Ive seen people hit 520rwhp with cam cars. plus ill be running flex so I can still use 93
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #16
xXSicSicSicXx

Drives: 14 1LE
why not just get a fuel pump and injectors that will handle bigger hp down the road. too pricey to buy twice..
xXSicSicSicXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #17
RS Speedriver

Drives: 2018 camaro 1ss 1LE
no worth it. plus there isnt many gas stations that have that fuel available.
RS Speedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:50 PM   #18
xXSicSicSicXx

Drives: 14 1LE
All i know is the "zl1" pump in my 1le couldn't keep up with my blower, making 578whp. Decided to go with dual walbro's instead. good for 1000hp on e85. 578 doesn't feel like enough either.. so i'm doing a flex fuel set up with ID1300's and removing the restrictor plate for more boost. Should be sitting pretty after that.

If it were me, i'd go a little bigger and better in case i wanted more.. like i'm doing now.
xXSicSicSicXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:50 PM   #19
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Speedriver View Post
no worth it. plus there isnt many gas stations that have that fuel available.
hmm explain why its not worth it.. and there is plenty out here in the midwest.. actually they are just about everywhere here.. also thats the reason why ill get flex fuel.. that means i can run E85 or 93 if i want..
Old 11-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #20
camrytt

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I got 27 hp/16 tq on my old lfx from switching to e85, I'd say that's worth it.

Current: 2017 ZL1 A10
previous: 2019 1SS A10
previous: '14 L99, CAI intake, vmax ported tb, e85 kit, stage 2 cnc heads, speed engineering long tubes, custom high flows, resonated x pipe, muffler delete, qtp cut outs, gpi ss3 vvt Cam, zl1 pump and injectors, fti triple disc, mayhem motorsports trans cooler and tune, ngk spark plugs +red msd wires, 3.91 gears.
Past: '12 LFX, full bolt ons + E85, 302hp/267tq
camrytt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 02:54 AM   #21
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSicSicSicXx View Post
All i know is the "zl1" pump in my 1le couldn't keep up with my blower, making 578whp. Decided to go with dual walbro's instead. good for 1000hp on e85. 578 doesn't feel like enough either.. so i'm doing a flex fuel set up with ID1300's and removing the restrictor plate for more boost. Should be sitting pretty after that.

If it were me, i'd go a little bigger and better in case i wanted more.. like i'm doing now.
+1

bad ass system
Old 11-27-2016, 06:52 PM   #22
ZL1 Lingenfelter

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Just do your research on Fuel Injector Connection (not clinic) Injectors, and Deatschwerks. They make excellent injectors for 1/2 the price of Injector Dynamics. As far as the pump - you may want to look at a CTS-V pump vs a ZL1. Deatschwerks makes a drop in pump for the CTSV that increases flow above the ZL1, but they dont fit in the ZL1 pump assy for some reason. Just a suggestion
Old 11-27-2016, 06:59 PM   #23
ZL1 Lingenfelter

Also- I'm no expert, but prior to this, I have never heard of the "different spray pattern" as Injector Dynamics and the other brands I'm familiar with (FIC and DW) all seem to offer LS3/L99/LSA injectors with the same part number? The ONLY differences I've seen are the electrical connector type may vary and some offer adapters to compensate. But to MY knowledge they seem to be the same, and I didnt see any mention of a "different spray pattern".
Old 11-27-2016, 08:15 PM   #24
pir4te
Moonshiner

Drives: Holden SS-V L77 flex fuel
Forget the notion of suppliers as experts, fuel dynamics are stuffed when you change the angle and pattern. It's that simple.
Without going into tech jargon, see the videos below which illustrate the difference.
Injector flow rate is about HP for sure, but with the e38 just as important for safe efficient running, emissions and economy there's a world of difference in transient fuelling characteristics for stomp, impact, wall wetting and evaporation off the back of the intake valve. Huge difference in characteristics with ethanol blends and intake valve temp.
Our naturally aspirated injector:
[video]https://youtu.be/2M8_pajYx6c[/video]
The different pattern quite literally for different aims with supercharged:
[video]https://youtu.be/WI6_KkT2ro4[/video]
Anyone who reckons it doesn't make any difference to overall performance is either talking WOT at the drag strip else is not the one who has to tune the e38's fuel dynamic / transients on flex fuel.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:17 PM   #25
ZL1 Lingenfelter

I understand your point. MY POINT is the replacement injectors offered by the top companies (at least here in the US) dont Appear to offer different spray patterns between NA and SC offerings. I'm sure there are some variations between companies, but its hard to determine who's returns the best results. I've used Bosch, Deatschwerks, and now run Fuel Injector Connection on my LSA. But I didnt spray test them. They each come with the transient data, and are nearly plug and play. They all seem to work fine in my car at around 800hp at the crank - although starting when hot on e85 takes a little more effort.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:44 AM   #26
pir4te
Moonshiner

Drives: Holden SS-V L77 flex fuel
They are all modified Bosch, aren't they?
Not arguing but OP is NA, so not a good idea to use completely different spray pattern and angle for everyday. Can't tune that. But agreed all single cone S/C offerings with modified Bosch are similar to each other.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:38 AM   #27
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pir4te View Post
Forget the notion of suppliers as experts, fuel dynamics are stuffed when you change the angle and pattern. It's that simple.
Without going into tech jargon, see the videos below which illustrate the difference.
Injector flow rate is about HP for sure, but with the e38 just as important for safe efficient running, emissions and economy there's a world of difference in transient fuelling characteristics for stomp, impact, wall wetting and evaporation off the back of the intake valve. Huge difference in characteristics with ethanol blends and intake valve temp.
Our naturally aspirated injector:
[video]https://youtu.be/2M8_pajYx6c[/video]
The different pattern quite literally for different aims with supercharged:
[video]https://youtu.be/WI6_KkT2ro4[/video]
Anyone who reckons it doesn't make any difference to overall performance is either talking WOT at the drag strip else is not the one who has to tune the e38's fuel dynamic / transients on flex fuel.
Really enjoyed the vids. Great content.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #28
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

sorry I haven't been able to reply but im overseas right now and wifi and network isn't always around or for daily uses. but there is a lot of great information you guys are giving me. like I said im still new to all this so anything information is good knowledge to me.
car did just roll off the dyno this week and we are looking at 518.6/507.5 on dynojet.. so now im gonna start looking at getting parts.. might take me a bit to get everything together but it seems like a good idea on getting something a little bigger incase I wanna add more power down the road.. I would like to stay NA running E85 but procharger sounds nice too lol