The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Old 10-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #1
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
"Intro" to the Ask Al Forum - A Message from Al!

Prior to kicking this off with the 1st question answered...

a note from The Chief.

To the Camaro Nation - Before we begin this new way of being another step closer to our Camaro family, I wanted to take an opportunity to say a few words, personally. As many of you know, since the first days back in 2008, this team has always made an effort to be part of as many Camaro gatherings as possible. Obviously, we cannot make every event, but I would say we have met thousands of you over the years, all the way back to Valdosta! I take great pride in the fact that my team has given up vacation, weekends, and personal time because of their passion for the Camaro, and the desire to meet with you to find out what you like about the car, and, more importantly, what you don’t like about the car. Many of you know them by name, and most of you have given us the great honor of signing your cars and posing for pictures with you. We are the lucky custodians of the Camaro for these generations, not only because we are the men and women who listen to our customers wants and needs for the car, but we get to design, engineer, and build your dreams. It is very satisfying when we get to interact with you in person to see that we have met your expectations. I personally love when you walk us over to your Camaro, and show us what you have done with our creation to personalize it to your liking, many of you ‘naming your baby’. That is the moment when we have connected with you, and you with us, on a personal family level. However, I think where this Camaro team rises above is when you tell us your Camaro experience is not meeting your expectations, ranging from the dealer experience to service to ‘something doesn’t work’. This is why we decided to create an “As Al” forum. Since we can’t meet with everyone personally, we decided to provide a forum where you can ask us the most frequent questions as a group, and we will provide the answers that may reach many of you we can’t talk with one on one. While the title of the forum is ‘Ask Al”, rest assured your answers will be formed by the best team in the automotive business. There are no individuals on the Camaro team, but rather one body of many passionate Camaro people. We are excited to begin this new chapter, and hopefully grow the bond with our entire Camaro family I proudly call “Camaro Nation”. As I always say (and no it does not always mean that something new is coming, Mike Lee, it just means that I love my job and want to say it at that moment), “It’s a Great Day in Camaroland!” I look forward hearing the first question.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Awesomeness, I love this community! Looking forward to this section!
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Thanks for posting Mike.

Thank you Al and the Camaro Team for taking the time to answer our questions. More importantly for the "team's" genuine interest in our Camaro experience, and addressing both our positive and negative concerns. It is a great privilege to be able to communicate directly with those who have engineered, designed and built our cars.

I am in my mid 50's, working hard and playing hard. I am blessed with a wonderful family and health. My home is finally paid for and my sons have finished their education and are on their own. I have worked very hard to get to a point in life where I can do something for myself that I have not been able to consider or afford since I was a young man. That is to treat myself to something very special; a 2018 ZL1 1LE. Direct feedback from the Camaro Team means a lot to me and is greatly appreciated.

Also a huge shout out to camaro6 and the members of these forums (way too many to mention by name) whom have made my decision to purchase a new Camaro an absolute no brainer.

My apologies for straying off topic. I'm just truly thankful to be a part of Camaro Nation!
Old 10-15-2017, 11:24 PM   #4
trz174

Drives: Used to Drive Blue Camaros
Hi Al,
Is your team working on a solution to the 17 ZL1 M6 drag racing launch bog issue?
Thanks
Jack
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:49 PM   #5
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trz174 View Post
Hi Al,
Is your team working on a solution to the 17 ZL1 M6 drag racing launch bog issue?
Thanks
Jack
+1
Old 10-17-2017, 08:59 PM   #6
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by trz174 View Post
Hi Al,
Thanks
Jack
Yes they are, (as he puts on his Al Face)

I believe Travis is working with them.

Check his posts, as I believe they're close to a fix
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:01 PM   #7
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Prior to kicking this off with the 1st question answered...

a note from The Chief.

To the Camaro Nation - Before we begin this new way of being another step closer to our Camaro family, I wanted to take an opportunity to say a few words, personally. As many of you know, since the first days back in 2008, this team has always made an effort to be part of as many Camaro gatherings as possible. Obviously, we cannot make every event, but I would say we have met thousands of you over the years, all the way back to Valdosta! I take great pride in the fact that my team has given up vacation, weekends, and personal time because of their passion for the Camaro, and the desire to meet with you to find out what you like about the car, and, more importantly, what you don’t like about the car. Many of you know them by name, and most of you have given us the great honor of signing your cars and posing for pictures with you. We are the lucky custodians of the Camaro for these generations, not only because we are the men and women who listen to our customers wants and needs for the car, but we get to design, engineer, and build your dreams. It is very satisfying when we get to interact with you in person to see that we have met your expectations. I personally love when you walk us over to your Camaro, and show us what you have done with our creation to personalize it to your liking, many of you ‘naming your baby’. That is the moment when we have connected with you, and you with us, on a personal family level. However, I think where this Camaro team rises above is when you tell us your Camaro experience is not meeting your expectations, ranging from the dealer experience to service to ‘something doesn’t work’. This is why we decided to create an “As Al” forum. Since we can’t meet with everyone personally, we decided to provide a forum where you can ask us the most frequent questions as a group, and we will provide the answers that may reach many of you we can’t talk with one on one. While the title of the forum is ‘Ask Al”, rest assured your answers will be formed by the best team in the automotive business. There are no individuals on the Camaro team, but rather one body of many passionate Camaro people. We are excited to begin this new chapter, and hopefully grow the bond with our entire Camaro family I proudly call “Camaro Nation”. As I always say (and no it does not always mean that something new is coming, Mike Lee, it just means that I love my job and want to say it at that moment), “It’s a Great Day in Camaroland!” I look forward hearing the first question.
Thanks Chief! (I gotta get some sympathy votes)
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #8
jarhead420

Drives: 2021 ZL1 Convertible
Al, I met you at Barrett Jackson last April. You were able to help me with figuring out the build sequence for my 17 ZL1. I have been trying to find out the production numbers for the 17 ZL1's. The customer assistance center won't give us any answers. Can you give us any information?

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 3192
Size:  108.9 KB
Old 10-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead420 View Post
Al, I met you at Barrett Jackson last April. You were able to help me with figuring out the build sequence for my 17 ZL1. I have been trying to find out the production numbers for the 17 ZL1's. The customer assistance center won't give us any answers. Can you give us any information?

Attachment 902874
That is one of the questions in this months poll. I'm sure we will find out soon.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:37 PM   #10
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead420 View Post
I find it amazing that these numbers are not readily availably. Chevy releases the Corvette numbers to the Museum and others within 6 weeks after end of production. It'd just a database query that is broken down by RPO code within model. Here's the report they released for the 2016 Corvette as an example. Same info should be avail for Camaros or any other model.. Production ended in mid June and these were posted Jul 28th

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/wp-con...ar-End-HWC.pdf
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #11
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
AL was a super cool dude met him at camarofest briefly . Hoping for an LT5 powered Z/28 !!!
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:33 PM   #12
EddieC

Drives: previous 69 Z2/8 Now ZL1 1LE
I have a 2018 ZL11LE I was getting ready to get on the track at area27 and while driving into Osoyoos my car gave me a message that my cars power had been reduced, while i was watching the gauges my oil pressure dropped to zero. My car was picked up and taken to the dealership in Penticton. The problem turned out to be that my timing chain came loose and rubbed a whole in the side of my oil pump. Is this common? Stuck in Osoyoos for 7 days and missed my track day.
EddieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:39 AM   #13
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieC View Post
I have a 2018 ZL11LE I was getting ready to get on the track at area27 and while driving into Osoyoos my car gave me a message that my cars power had been reduced, while i was watching the gauges my oil pressure dropped to zero. My car was picked up and taken to the dealership in Penticton. The problem turned out to be that my timing chain came loose and rubbed a whole in the side of my oil pump. Is this common? Stuck in Osoyoos for 7 days and missed my track day.
Sorry to hear that. I've never heard of that issue, but I'd ask that question in this sub-forum to get more visibility and potentially more responses from others: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 03:08 PM   #14
Mattman57

Drives: Chevy 1SS
Well, i purchased a bone stock 2013 ZL1 last year with 29 k miles on it right now. Two questions if i may- 1 is even though i hear the isolator spring clacking a little when fully warmed up, is it something that will fail or it may be fine fir the life of the car? Should my local chevy dealer warranty it? 2 i want to keep it close to stock and i was thinking doing an airbox and a tune only. And maybe pulleys. What company would you recommend for getting these parts. I am fully capable on install myself. Thank you for any and all reply!
Mattman57 is offline   Reply With Quote