The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Stingray Photos, Videos, Media

View Poll Results: Which photo is the best?
Photo #1 (regguy1) 7 25.00%
Photo #2 (Bulos) 4 14.29%
Photo #3 (RetiredTHPLT) 2 7.14%
Photo #4 (REVVIC) 1 3.57%
Photo #5 (CruznCorvette) 5 17.86%
Photo #6 (route66) 2 7.14%
Photo #7 (stratosphere) 4 14.29%
Photo #8 (SantaRay) 2 7.14%
Photo #9 (monicatomokc) 1 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Exclamation Winner of the November Photo of the Month Contest!!!

The polls have closed and the winner has been determined.......

Congratulations to regguy1 for the winning the November Corvette7 Photo of the Month Contest!!!

regguy1 came in 1st place with 25.93% of the vote and CruznCorvette came in 2nd place with 18.52% of the vote. Thank you to everyone who participated or voted!

Please see BeckyD for more details about your C7 Corvette Mug!

-------------------
Photo #1 (regguy1)

Photo #2 (Bulos)

Photo #3 (RetiredTHPLT)

Photo #4 (REVVIC)

Photo #5 (CruznCorvette)

Photo #6 (route66)

Photo #7 (stratosphere)

Photo #8 (SantaRay)

Photo #9 (monicatomokc)

Last edited by Nate GM; 11-24-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Nate GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #2
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
In a submission of 10 cars, mine didn't make it and I was the 2nd to submit?
Old 11-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
In a submission of 10 cars, mine didn't make it and I was the 2nd to submit?
There were twelve photos submitted, the top nine photos were chosen for the final found. Nine photos to choose from is already too many as it is!
Old 11-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate GM View Post
There were twelve photos submitted, the top nine photos were chosen for the final found. Nine photos to choose from is already too many as it is!
I understand that, but who decides what's "tops"? My car, and a car behind a tree weren't in the "top" I suppose. Basically the photo I submitted isn't 81.8% likeable by "someone". It would be better if there were a top 3 only. But that's quite silly to have 11 submissions and take 9, and tell a guy yours and the other one behind a tree were not good. In this case, they all should be considered.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Quote:
I understand that, but who decides what's "tops"? My car, and a car behind a tree weren't in the "top" I suppose. Basically the photo I submitted isn't 81.8% likeable by "someone". It would be better if there were a top 3 only. But that's quite silly to have 11 submissions and take 9, and tell a guy yours and the other one behind a tree were not good. In this case, they all should be considered.
Sorry! There is always next month!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Nate, perhaps in future contests you accept only the first 10 photos submitted, and use those regardless of "quality". Let the votes decide from there. Anyone who misses the first 10 is just SOL until the following month. It could help eliminate a level of arbitrary decisions.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #7
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
Nate, perhaps in future contests you accept only the first 10 photos submitted, and use those regardless of "quality". Let the votes decide from there. Anyone who misses the first 10 is just SOL until the following month. It could help eliminate a level of arbitrary decisions.
I appreciate the feedback For now on I will only pick the best four to six photos to make it to the final round. Nine or more is just too many. I have taken photography classes so people will simply have to trust my judgement. Please also keep in mind that we are choosing the best PHOTO of the month, not the best Corvette of the month.

Thank you to everyone who has participated so far, it looks like it's going to be a close contest!
Old 11-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #8
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
I appreciate the feedback For now on I will only pick the best four to six photos to make it to the final round. Nine or more is just too many. I have taken photography classes so people will simply have to trust my judgement. Please also keep in mind that we are choosing the best PHOTO of the month, not the best Corvette of the month.

Thank you to everyone who has participated so far, it looks like it's going to be a close contest!
That's what makes this the absolute DUMBEST car photo contest EVER! If it's not the best Corvette of the month, all you're doing is fighting with yourself over who's chosen the "best" background according to YOU. I hate to use myself as an example, but I will...Corvette not withstanding, what's eliminating about my photo than stratosphere's? They're both of a Corvette in a driveway with some nondescript shrubbery in the background. Yet, that photo advances, and mine didn't? I actually love all the cars photo'd. I happen to like Bulos' background. Then there's the inconsistency in 4-6 per contest. At least purplerac3r was trying to interject some sort of norm. First 10, that's it. No, we have to trust your judgement because you've taken some photography classes? Well, I've taken physics...that don't make me an astronaut.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #9
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Quote:
That's what makes this the absolute DUMBEST car photo contest EVER! If it's not the best Corvette of the month, all you're doing is fighting with yourself over who's chosen the "best" background according to YOU. I hate to use myself as an example, but I will...Corvette not withstanding, what's eliminating about my photo than stratosphere's? They're both of a Corvette in a driveway with some nondescript shrubbery in the background. Yet, that photo advances, and mine didn't? I actually love all the cars photo'd. I happen to like Bulos' background. Then there's the inconsistency in 4-6 per contest. At least purplerac3r was trying to interject some sort of norm. First 10, that's it. No, we have to trust your judgement because you've taken some photography classes? Well, I've taken physics...that don't make me an astronaut.
I appreciate the feedback. Have a nice day.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:08 AM   #10
lamjoh

Drives: 2015 Torch Red Z51 2LT
ok i have to add my two cents...

if the CORVETTE has nothing to do with the contest why does the rules state you must "OWN" the corvette?

(1100) Ordered 09/25/2014
(3000) Accepted by Production 09/30/2014
(3300) Scheduled 10/10/2014
(3400) Broadcast 10/17/2014
(3800) Produced BORN 10/28/2014
(4B00) Bayed 10/29/2014
(4000) Available to ship 10/29/2014
(4200) SHIPPED 11/03/2014
(5000) Delivered 11/04/2014
lamjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:11 AM   #11
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamjoh View Post
ok i have to add my two cents...

if the CORVETTE has nothing to do with the contest why does the rules state you must "OWN" the corvette?
The Corvette has a LOT to do with the contest. The Corvette is the subject of the photo. The point of the contest is to see who can take the best photograph of their C7 Corvette. Thanks for your feeback

I would be more than happy to provide the reasoning of why your photo was not chosen for the final round. Just let me know, thanks.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #12
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
I would be more than happy to provide the reasoning of why your photo was not chosen for the final round. Just let me know, thanks.
Oh, I gotta hear this...please provide feedback as to why mine wasn't chosen to move forward when it was the second photo submitted. Is the driveway too cracked? Bushes not trimmed? Not sunny enough?
Old 11-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #13
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Quote:
Oh, I gotta hear this...please provide feedback as to why mine wasn't chosen to move forward when it was the second photo submitted. Is the driveway too cracked? Bushes not trimmed? Not sunny enough?
To keep this thread as professional as possible, I have sent you a PM. Thank you.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:38 PM   #14
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
Seems simple to me...it's the OP's thread (Nate). If you don't like the way it is run - then don't post/participate. I think that it is interesting - making photo quality part of the qualifying criteria. Having said that - IMHO - adding too much Photoshop type enhancements sometimes does detract from the "raw" beauty of the photo itself.

Just my .02.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote