Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #15
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman28 View Post
If you have to buy the adjustable toe rod why even sell the other LCAs? Comes out to about the same price after you buy both.
The main reason we initially built the non-adjustable rear LCA was to fix the negative camber issues the Camaros have when they are lowered real low. The initial design didn't even work with the 17" Weld wheels but Weld came to use to work in conjuction with them to get a 17" drag wheel to fit on the Camaros so we revised the design to get the wheel to fit without any clearance issues but it was still a little shorter than the factory piece to help with the camber issues. Once we started noticing that people who were at stock ride height were interested in our rear LCAs we decided to build the adjustable version which will work for anyone lowered or not so it covers all the bases.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #16
Rockit_z28
www.1baddogracing.com

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS Auto
In case you need a view of them:
Attached Images

Built and Tuned by Heintz Racing
Go: DSS 9", RPM Trans TH400, Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion, ECS Vortech YSI-B, Fore Fuel System, ID1700, Gall Racing 427 C.I LSX, Mast 285CC Heads, HR Custom Cam

Show: Custom Painted Stripes/Badges (Orange Pearl over White), Z/TA Spoiler, VFN Hood, Weld Wheels
http://www.HeintzRacing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/1baddogracing

Rockit_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Anyone have a picture with the stock LCA and a Weld wheel mounted?

Stock LCA's...

The BMR ones will definitely give you better adjust-ability, I just did not need any further adjustments and we are looking to have a control arm made OR purchase some fabricated ones for 15s...
Attached Images

Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
Motion427
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel L99
Forgot to put some paint on that LCA Matt.
lol...
Motion427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #19
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion427 View Post
Forgot to put some paint on that LCA Matt.
lol...
Nah that was during the process.. It has some sexy black on it now
Old 02-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #20
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Stock LCA's...

The BMR ones will definitely give you better adjust-ability, I just did not need any further adjustments and we are looking to have a control arm made OR purchase some fabricated ones for 15s...

So did you just dent yours in where it was hitting?
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #21
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
The LCAs are complicated and physically large parts. They aren't simple/cheap to template and manufacture like trailing arms or toe rods.
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #22
Rockit_z28
www.1baddogracing.com

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS Auto
Since Matt wanted to play the full undercarriage shot. Here you go

Matt - Are you coming to ECS?
Attached Images

Built and Tuned by Heintz Racing
Go: DSS 9", RPM Trans TH400, Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion, ECS Vortech YSI-B, Fore Fuel System, ID1700, Gall Racing 427 C.I LSX, Mast 285CC Heads, HR Custom Cam

Show: Custom Painted Stripes/Badges (Orange Pearl over White), Z/TA Spoiler, VFN Hood, Weld Wheels
http://www.HeintzRacing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/1baddogracing

Rockit_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #23
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockit_z28 View Post
Since Matt wanted to play the full undercarriage shot. Here you go

Matt - Are you coming to ECS?

Here is a picture of my butt!!!

No I have to pass on ECS Shootout; We have a Support the Troops event here at the shop, some things are more important than partying with everyone that I know and digging some deep numbers.:flag2:
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #24
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I agree with Tornado!!! IMO, if you're willing to buy a Vortech and 3.70 LPE gears, then I don't see why these are so outrageous!!! You're obviously willing to "Pay to Play", but I guess not with your suspension and wheels?!?!? Oh Well....
My point is that BMR is too freaking high on the adjustable lower control arm. Compare this lower adjustable control arm with an adjustable lower control arm for a G-body. I know the difference in solid axle and IRS...but the fab cost...nah. Hit Summit Racing or somewhere and compare prices. Camaro Tax...just like the Corvette Tax.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #25
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
My point is that BMR is too freaking high on the adjustable lower control arm. Compare this lower adjustable control arm with an adjustable lower control arm for a G-body. I know the difference in solid axle and IRS...but the fab cost...nah. Hit Summit Racing or somewhere and compare prices. Camaro Tax...just like the Corvette Tax.
Comparing the new Camaro adjustable lower control arms to a set of our g-body adjustable lower control arms is like comparing your Camaro to a Honda Civic. You are not comparing similar parts in any way at all. The Camaro adjustable lower control arms are cunstructed way differently using many different formed and broken plates with a huge custom machined adjuster and they take much longer to build are 100% tig welded which takes longer also. The g-body adjustable lower control arms are tubular in design which make them way cheaper and easier to build and they come with a much smaller and cheaper adjuster and mig welded. Now I know no matter what I say they are alway going to be too expensive and we should sell them at a loss but we can't do that or we wouldn't be able stay in business.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #26
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
there are nice arms that I had on my GN that can be had for $300 a set. Nicer than the tubulars you speak of. That is what I am getting at...$300 a set for adjustable is fine IMO. My question is answered here. Bogarts clear the stock arms and maybe CCW. So I guess that's the way to go. Really, I wonder if you could run a 5mm spacer behind the Welds and solve the problem? getting the inner lip away from the arm another manner really.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #27
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
there are nice arms that I had on my GN that can be had for $300 a set. Nicer than the tubulars you speak of. That is what I am getting at...$300 a set for adjustable is fine IMO. My question is answered here. Bogarts clear the stock arms and maybe CCW. So I guess that's the way to go. Really, I wonder if you could run a 5mm spacer behind the Welds and solve the problem? getting the inner lip away from the arm another manner really.
I'll let you know in a couple of weeks when my wheels get here. Bogarts come out to be around 725 each 2900 total for just wheels and they're to soft for DD. Welds I paid 2789 for wheels, tires and shipping. From the pictures I've seen I don't see why a simple notch wont fix it.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #28
TravisTrout
Hot roddin' Steamfitter!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 CGM

I love my BMR goodies! These guys make one hell of a product, I'm a welder by trade and can respect the engineering and time it takes to build this product. But I'm doing my build 'backwards'. I want to make sure the car will be flawless when I finally get a blower and 17"s.