Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #379
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHemiSrt View Post
Trust me i think any real car enthusiast knows all about their past. Especially the mopar guys, but i have to give credit where its due. The last few years all those horror stories have became pretty much extinct. As far as i can see they have done a complete 360.

But what does their past have to do with the times a bone stock car puts out. We should all be thanking them for this info as theyre one of the first to go out and beat on one of these things.
I'm sure you ment 180. but it's good that the stories are subsiding. but history does have a tendency to repeat it self.

why no answer on the dyno chart and why it looks off. before the rep on here realized a miss type we got a story about how they've been doing it for years, and know what they're talking about. I'm sorry that doesn't bode well IMO. just a simple explanation would help, and maybe if there was something wrong with the car they could do another dyno run after it's fixed.

Either way I do hope his customers get what they are asking for. nothing less then that.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #380
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHemiSrt View Post
Lol. Wrong. The shelby will no doubt beat the base LS3 Vette. I think it will also beat a Z06 in a straight line but that is debatable. Only vette that would without ques beat it is the ZR1. So it takes GM's $100k+ 2 seater to beat fords pony car??? Imo that is still a win for Ford. That speaks volumes.
So you think stock the GT500 will break 10's on stock tires?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #381
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Only if a unicorn is in the passenger seat.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #382
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Only if a unicorn is in the passenger seat.
He said faster than a stock Z06
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #383
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Stock tires, no. Drag radials/slicks, yes.

And yes i do realize the Z has done it on stock rubber, but it was done on wider rubber with a lot less TQ. With all the instant TQ the Shelby will make it simply wont have enough rubber out back to knock down a 10sec pass.
BigHemiSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #384
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
He said faster than a stock Z06
Correct. I didnt say quicker.

I also made it clear that it was debatable which means i could be wrong.
BigHemiSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #385
f ê r
The GYROMEISTER

Drives: Future ZL-1 Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
So what road course are you planning to run your ZL1 at?
Sorry I've missed your reply. I intend to race a series of Solo 1 and Sneaky Solo 2's at:

Salinas International Speedway

and

El Tuque International Raceway

On a side note, do you guys believe that the unexpected performance numbers (obviously) could be Dust in the Drag Strip?*

*I hope GoldenBear chime in to give his opinion. I like the way he sees and approach those little things that can mAke a difference and anyone other fail to notice.

In the vid the track seems dirty and with an 11mph headwind, the Strip could be covered in dust and pollen very quickly. Those variables combined w/ the *ultra high performance (almost slicks as said by a journalist) tires,*showed a false perception of the capability of the car (for the none believers).

I mean, the ZL1 was the more comfortable, more rewarding, and less video game-ish ultimate machine, when compared VS the ricey GT-R in the R&T comparo back in February. Thats w/o paying $40K extra.

As the temperatures start to get hotter and hotter, we will see what this car is about. Better traction (with good track conditions of course) minimun heat soak thanks to its HD radiator, heat exchanger and track-ready items that include oil and differential coolers as STANDARD equipment.
f ê r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #386
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
two look at where this information is coming from on this thread. you are over exaggerating the situation. look at the dyno sheet. this is also one car, on an unknown track prep (if prepped at all), with no temps or DA. and why wouldn't a tuner want to show a slow time for base line and a BA time for their mods? sorry. not feeling your hate right now.
The run was made on Friday... the track was prepped on Thursday for racing tonight (Saturday).. I'm sure more prep went into the track today. Temp was 79 and I calculated DA at 1690. They also know there will be plenty of other baselines including mine done on the exact same track so no reason to low ball. 20" Nittos are not my first choice in DR's either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
why no answer on the dyno chart and why it looks off. before the rep on here realized a miss type we got a story about how they've been doing it for years, and know what they're talking about. I'm sorry that doesn't bode well IMO. just a simple explanation would help, and maybe if there was something wrong with the car they could do another dyno run after it's fixed.

Either way I do hope his customers get what they are asking for. nothing less then that.
You're not going to find a group much more experienced and with a track right out their back door. However this car was delivered Wed night and I'm guessing the nanny's were turned on for this run. They normally close the doors on the weekend so you probably won't hear anything til Monday. Bracket racing going on out there tonight and from the looks of weather they might get another run on Tuesday. Hopefully a new dyno run and explanation too...
Old 04-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #387
Graham Behan

Drives: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Noticed Graham Behan said this in the 11.03 modified ZL1 thread:

"Hennessys stock auto numbers will be a bottom 12, or maybe 11.9xx on street tires next week"

So is this a guestimation or what?
I'm going with "or what"! John will let us "all" know.

Graham.
Graham Behan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #388
Mjolnir
"Crusher"

Drives: Kawasaki Ninja 250r
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex70olds View Post
Yeah most cars designed to "dominate" the strip come standard with heated seats, rear view camera, bluetooth, cruise control etc.
Come on.....and a car designed to "dominate" a track does?
This car is designed to be good at everything, a jack of all trades, a master of none. Doesn't make it a bad car. It's number's will improve but the above doesn't really help the other side of the argument either.
Mjolnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #389
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
The run was made on Friday... the track was prepped on Thursday for racing tonight (Saturday).. I'm sure more prep went into the track today. Temp was 79 and I calculated DA at 1690. They also know there will be plenty of other baselines including mine done on the exact same track so no reason to low ball. 20" Nittos are not my first choice in DR's either...

You're not going to find a group much more experienced and with a track right out their back door. However this car was delivered Wed night and I'm guessing the nanny's were turned on for this run. They normally close the doors on the weekend so you probably won't hear anything til Monday. Bracket racing going on out there tonight and from the looks of weather they might get another run on Tuesday. Hopefully a new dyno run and explanation too...
I am hoping for more runs. But with the dyno sheet something doesn't seem right. That's my point. Also history. . .fall back on that every time. It's hard to take stuff at face value when history says one thing.

Again look at the dyno sheet and tell me if it's normal for that drop. tell me if there was nothing up with that. And again the rudeness about the numbers until he was shown the error of his ways. I'm sorry if I had that many posts claiming my numbers were wrong I'd def look before jumping to conclussions. and then verify myself before telling possible future customers they just don't know what they are talking about. There's a lot of smart people around here. not just at hpe.

I'm sure we'll get a better explanation in time. just went silent pretty quick.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #390
Paco
Banned

Drives: Chevrolet's, Ford's and one Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtires View Post
but the chevy vette will always kick moosetang arse
nah nah............chevy wins

Lolololol "nah nah" what are you a 12 yr old girl? Wow i'm embarrassed for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #391
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
Come on.....and a car designed to "dominate" a track does?
This car is designed to be good at everything, a jack of all trades, a master of none. Doesn't make it a bad car. It's number's will improve but the above doesn't really help the other side of the argument either.
That was exzctly my point. I guess I should have worded it better. I never said it was meant to "dominate" track or strip. Not my words. It is very good at everything, including streetability. I am also not interested in being part of the argument, only relaying my opinion from one that not only has driven one, but owns one.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #392
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
I feel marketing coming on. Wait for it.

Tags
700hp z28 strip car, zl1 track car